PDA

View Full Version : 3.PF Erudite to Pathfinder

AOKost
2017-07-26, 05:17 AM
Does anyone know if there's been a Pathfinder conversion of the Erudite? If so, could someone please give me a link or tell me where to look?

DMVerdandi
2017-07-26, 05:50 AM
Does anyone know if there's been a Pathfinder conversion of the Erudite? If so, could someone please give me a link or tell me where to look?

The name has been used, but it is not the same as the 3.5 Erudite(Which is my favorite class).

The closest that you can get to that is with the Psychic mage from Ultimate Psionic. It is a wizard archetype which trades your school and familiar to obtain the ability to scribe psionic powers as spells.
Now, the cool thing is you can do this with your free spells from leveling up as well, so you can just know them without exactly being exposed to any other psionic characters.

Secondly, as a wizard you can qualify for spell mastery, which lets you then take those spell/powers, and then not need your spell book for them.

You can take it further if you have access to occult adventures and other rules variants.

Steps

>wizard (psychic mage)

>Variant multi class with sorcerer and take psychic bloodline (from occult adventures.Turns all arcane spells into psychic spells)

>take spell mastery each time you can so you can ditch your spellbook

Now you have psychic spells and psionic powers.
If your DM allowed gestalt, then you could take tactician on the other side for most lit collective class features.

If you can't tell, I really wanna play this.

AOKost
2017-07-26, 02:50 PM
I'll have to check that out... I've not seen Psychic Mage yet...

I was hoping to get somethink akin to the Erudites well roundedness with Convert Spell to Power and similar abilities...