PDA

View Full Version : Player's guide for homebrew setting: Anything missing?

PhoenixPhyre
2017-07-26, 10:02 AM
I'm going to be starting a few campaigns set in my homebrew setting and have put together a player's guide. The first two pages are character-creation guidelines and house-rules, the second two are setting information, and the last two are a deity reference. I only really expect people to read and understand the first section to be able to play.

Is there anything that, in your opinion, should be added or noted? Is anything superfluous? I try to note the house-ruled stuff, even though there isn't much. The tone varies between tables--some are much more comedic and some are much more high-fantasy than others, so I didn't add it here. This is just the common stuff.

The players vary between moderately-experienced (mostly AL) and the brand new, both to TTRPGs and to D&D more specifically.

Google Drive Link to PDF (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kLKyZ-tkwYaC1oazh1dlNEdGM/view?usp=sharing)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Oramac
2017-07-26, 01:17 PM
Looks good to me. I don't really see anything too out of place, though I do find it odd that you ban sexuality/actions, and the very first deity listed is the god of sexuality. :P

PhoenixPhyre
2017-07-26, 01:32 PM
Looks good to me. I don't really see anything too out of place, though I do find it odd that you ban sexuality/actions, and the very first deity listed is the god of sexuality. :P

It's more graphic sexuality than sexuality in general. Very much a "fade to black" thing. One of the groups will be high school students in a school setting, so I have to keep it PG. It's a fine line, but...

Finger6842
2017-07-27, 12:43 AM
Looks good to me, pretty straight forward although denying potions in smaller town may come back to haunt you if no one plays a healer. There are a lot of realms, hopefully you have a map because in my experience new players don't handle theater of the mind well. There are a lot of gods listed but I missed any interaction rules if they are present.