PDA

View Full Version : Role-playing help: 5 Int, 18 Wis, 5 Cha

mgshamster
2017-07-26, 11:26 AM
My next PC has 5 Int, 18 Wis, 5 Cha. (Also 18 Str, 18 Dex, 16 Con).

He'll be a level 5 Hunter Ranger, Wood Elf. Unsure on background. Either Outlander or Mercenary Veteran (from SCAG). But open to other ideas.

I'm looking for ideas to roleplay a PC like this. I know I can always just "use my own int and let the dice decide," but I'd prefer to find some interesting mannerisms to add to the PC that are inspired by his stats.

How would you roleplay a PC with these stats?

Lombra
2017-07-26, 11:31 AM
A blunt guy who goes by common sense seems to fit the stat, probably talks more to animals than humans. Hermit or Outlander feel like the best choices to me.

Maybe he has proficiency in some charisma skills?

KorvinStarmast
2017-07-26, 11:31 AM
While I wouldn't let the stats dictate how I play, since I think that's a mistake, I'd be shy (low charisma) and forgetful, and though I'd notice things (wis/insight/perception) I'd be likely blurt them out in awkward situations now and again using my cha and low social skills. For pranking, I think the occasional misreading or other use of malapropism would reflect the low int well enough.

Common sense/wisdom can overcome a lack of smarts.

Finieous
2017-07-26, 11:36 AM
Maybe draw some inspiration from a character such as Sandor Clegane? Not especially intelligent (in your case, dumb as a stump), even contemptuous of those who claim knowledge, but self-aware, insightful (and therefore very cynical), honest (especially about himself), a pragmatist who secretly wishes he could be an idealist, generally a mean bastard.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-07-26, 11:43 AM
The Wisdom is going to be your social saving grace. 5 Intelligence is pretty darned low, the Int / Wis combo is what makes you smarter than a dolphin however as you know your limitations and how the world functions.

Rogerdodger557
2017-07-26, 11:46 AM
Maybe try and misuse phrases to make yourself seem smarter or more likeable, but able to tell when its not working.

Armored Walrus
2017-07-26, 11:51 AM
Strikes me as the average Walmart customer. Won't be able to estimate that they've purchased more than they have money for, disdainful of social conventions, like bathing, or speaking so that only those within 100 feet of you can hear you, but shrewd enough to understand that if they make a big enough commotion, they'll be given their stuff for free just to get them out of the store.

Edit: Ok here's a more useful interpretation, maybe. Operates on instinct, trusts his 'gut' and doesn't worry about whether logic or social expectations would dictate doing otherwise. Probably won't be able to explain why he made any decision after the fact, it just felt like the right thing to do.

dickerson76
2017-07-26, 11:52 AM
Have a sheet of pithy sayings on hand and randomly throw them about, as sagely and as cryptically as possible, regardless of whether or not they are pertinent to the situation. Your mind is always on the big-picture, deep issues. You rarely pay attention to the current state of what is right in front of you and are oblivious to facts. There are no facts, nothing is truly knowable. Why bother learning stuff? After all, there is no spoon.

That should also be more than annoying enough to account for the low CHA.

tieren
2017-07-26, 11:53 AM
I'd make him straight up illiterate, but a skilled woodsman.

Kind of a backwoods hunter trapper, not very attractive and almost no sense of ettiquette, but physically impressive and wise in the ways of the wilds, etc...

Naanomi
2017-07-26, 11:55 AM
Yeah as a ranger I would go with a quiet, introspective, maybe even a little instinctual type... not one for words or study, not one to get involved in things where she isn't needed; but always watching and ready to react

Tanarii
2017-07-26, 01:54 PM
For low Int:
Forgetful / doesn't retain info easily.
Take Investigation if you don't also want to represent that he's not particularly dull-witted / unable to figure things out , but rather only doesn't find it easy to recall things.
And if your DM is like most and makes 'state of the world' Int checks to determine if you ever knew something with Lore checks, he'll also be uneducated.

For low Cha:
Quiet & withdrawn, not a forceful presence who can't get what he wants easily nor convince others to see things his way.

For high Wis:
Aware of the world around him, and has intuitive understanding of people and creatures.

All of these match what the stats do mechanically anyway, you're just extending them into situations that don't involve a mechanical resolution roll. (Edit: obviously there are other ways to arrive at the same reason for the penalty or bonus to these checks. I'm just presenting my favorite ways to do it.)

GorogIrongut
2017-07-26, 02:36 PM
Int 5 dictates that he's thick as a post. To the point where he might actually have difficulty talking. He's roughly in line with the kind of intelligence you would expect of an ogre...

Charisma is a little more tricky. You either have to be a non entity so no one notices you... or you have to be downright unlikeable. The problem with this is that his physicality means that he will be noticed. This means that your player would have a hard time being a wallflower... because people will notice his ridiculous muscles and his amazing dexterity. The guy is a physical specimen and we're hardwired to notice physical specimens.

The only way to really be able to play a wallflower has already been mentioned when referencing Sandor Clegane (The Mountain is similar but I would never consider The Mountain to have a wisdom of 18). Someone who's burned. Not really likable even before the burning. Only really opens up to a small handful of people. May even be ridiculously grateful when he finds someone he deems worth of his trust.

So, my first thoughts on what he should be like are as follows:

-Think a cross between Sandor Clegane and Forrest Gump and a Rock Ogre.

-This second suggestion is a little more dangerous but I'm gonna go ahead with. Not sure if you've ever read a book called Lottery. If you've got the time and the wherewithal, then it's a pretty good book that aptly describes a good way of playing your character. The following is the writeup describing the book.

Perry's IQ is only 76, but he's not stupid. His grandmother taught him everything he needs to know to survive: She taught him to write things down so he won't forget them. She taught him to play the lottery every week. And, most important, she taught him whom to trust. When Gram dies, Perry is left orphaned and bereft at the age of thirty-one. Then his weekly Washington State Lottery ticket wins him 12 million dollars, and he finds he has more friends and family than he knows what to do with.

I know it might make some people uncomfortable, but playing someone who is retarded mentally, would easily fit your character. Healthy as an ox. Strong as a bear. Wise as to what really counts in life... but so unintelligent as to not be able to grasp the finer parts of society and what most people consider important. So uncharismatic that people rarely even notice him unless they see him as target to take advantage of... or as someone to protect (but even in the act of 'protecting' him, he is frequently discounted).

Admittedly, you don't have to play this character as retarded. But you can take a lot of mannerism and habits from them that would be applicable.

xroads
2017-07-26, 02:58 PM
Among other things, Charisma is a measure of confidence. He probably doubts himself and second guesses everything.

Beelzebubba
2017-07-26, 03:09 PM
Dude.

He's Forrest Gump!

Dumb as a box of rocks, not a leader, but has the insight of a savant.
He sees truth, but can't ever seem to get it across to anyone else.

https://youtu.be/6hlx2Jr-oG0?t=1m11s

Look at how he has so much going on inside here, she's going on about 'you didn't do anything wrong', missing the point, while he's not thinking about himself at all. He only cares for the well being of his son. "Is he smart or... (like me)."

You got this.

Tanarii
2017-07-26, 03:20 PM
Int 5 dictates that he's thick as a post. To the point where he might actually have difficulty talking. He's roughly in line with the kind of intelligence you would expect of an ogre...If you line up a 3d6 bell curve with IQ, which I'll admit isn't necessarily the best of ideas, Int 5 is somewhere north of IQ 70. (Edit: ie Int 5 isn't in the range of 'mentally retarded' that I can see.) Even an Int 3 would only be down to an IQ of maybe 50, the bottom end of 'Mildly Retarded (IQ 50-70). So extremely limited vocabulary in a foreign tongue might fit, like an ogre speaking Common (as opposed to Giant) is traditionally portrayed. But I wouldn't over do it. After all, it's only -3 penalty to checks to recall lore / deduce things.

RickAsWritten
2017-07-26, 03:21 PM
Mongo don't know. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Knaight
2017-07-26, 03:27 PM
Dude.

He's Forrest Gump!

The part where he runs into traffic is particularly indicative of that 18 wisdom. The part where he can't read the conversation until it's explicitly told to him (all wisdom related skills) is also super indicative of that 18 wisdom. There's also the matter of how having a better understanding of a conversation when the other person is communicating clearly and you aren't is maybe less indicative of your superior understanding and more indicative of your lacking communication skills, which is what we see here.

GorogIrongut
2017-07-26, 03:57 PM
If you line up a 3d6 bell curve with IQ, which I'll admit isn't necessarily the best of ideas, Int 5 is somewhere north of IQ 70. (Edit: ie Int 5 isn't in the range of 'mentally retarded' that I can see.) Even an Int 3 would only be down to an IQ of maybe 50, the bottom end of 'Mildly Retarded (IQ 50-70). So extremely limited vocabulary in a foreign tongue might fit, like an ogre speaking Common (as opposed to Giant) is traditionally portrayed. But I wouldn't over do it. After all, it's only -3 penalty to checks to recall lore / deduce things.

I've seen countless threads trying to equate intelligence and IQ. They have a hard time agreeing. So I tend to look at what we've been provided. A wolf is intelligence 3. Same for a mastiff. A giant eagle has an 8 intelligence and counts, not as being able to speak Common but to understand it. An ogre has an intelligence of 5 and the Monster Manual describes them thusly:

Legendary Stupidity. Few ogres can count to ten,
even with their fingers in front of them. Most speak only
a rudimentary form of Giant and know a smattering of
Common words. Ogres believe what they are told and
are easy to fool or confuse, but they break things they
don't understand. Silver-tongued tricksters who test
their talents on these savages typically end up eating
their eloquent words-and then being eaten in turn.

The player said his is an intelligence of 5, so I believe it applies. I modulated the intelligence up a bit due to the 18 in Wisdom, ergo the Forrest Gump/Lottery comparison.

smcmike
2017-07-26, 03:59 PM
The part where he can't read the conversation until it's explicitly told to him (all wisdom related skills) is also super indicative of that 18 wisdom.

I could imagine a character with these stats observing a social interaction, missing all of the complex details and higher goals or whatever, and coming out with a better understanding of the actual positions of the participants than the participants themselves.

Like, this guy goes to a bar with a group of philosophy students, who spend the whole time arguing loudly about metaphysics. He doesn't say a word, because he's shy, and also he has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. On the way home with the friend that brought him, he nails the character of each person at the table with a few short words, and points out that Tim and Lisa are obviously having an affair, but John knows about it and doesn't care, because he's just using Lisa to get close to Tim for career purposes.

Tanarii
2017-07-26, 04:05 PM
I've seen countless threads trying to equate intelligence and IQ. They have a hard time agreeing. So I tend to look at what we've been provided. A wolf is intelligence 3. Same for a mastiff. A giant eagle has an 8 intelligence and counts, not as being able to speak Common but to understand it. An ogre has an intelligence of 5 and the Monster Manual describes them thusly:Fair enough. And I agree that trying to line it up with IQ isn't necessarily the best of ideas. If only because Intelligence as a 5e D&D game statistic does not represent the same thing as IQ does. The reason I favor that is I feel that players have a tendency to go straight to 'completely stupid' long before the Int score justifies it. And correspondingly to 'ultra genius' on the upside. And lining up bell curves of dice distribution with typical variation in human intelligence demonstrates why it's over-stating the effect in terms of demonstrating how a bell-curve works, even if the specifics effects of IQ don't necessarily map to D&D Intelligence.

IMO if you're going to play Int by the standards you're describing, the DM should strongly consider barring characters with an Int 3 or 4. Ogre Int 5 would be able the least 'playable' PC intelligence score in the majority of games in that case.

Knaight
2017-07-26, 04:11 PM
I could imagine a character with these stats observing a social interaction, missing all of the complex details and higher goals or whatever, and coming out with a better understanding of the actual positions of the participants than the participants themselves.

I could see that - a character who is all but guaranteed to miss the actual text of a conversation, and to miss any subtext deliberately there, while having a really good read of the sub-subtext. Forrest Gump just isn't that character - were I to try and use D&D stats for him (with the obvious caveat that it's a pretty terrible model for fictional characters) Cha is the only mental stat I'd consider putting at or above 10. Now, the hidden GM favoritism attribute, that's somewhere around 30.

GorogIrongut
2017-07-26, 04:16 PM
Fair enough. And I agree that trying to line it up with IQ isn't necessarily the best of ideas. If only because Intelligence as a 5e D&D game statistic does not represent the same thing as IQ does. The reason I favor that is I feel that players have a tendency to go straight to 'completely stupid' long before the Int score justifies it. And correspondingly to 'ultra genius' on the upside. And lining up bell curves of dice distribution with typical variation in human intelligence demonstrates why it's over-stating the effect in terms of demonstrating how a bell-curve works, even if the specifics effects of IQ don't necessarily map to D&D Intelligence.

IMO if you're going to play Int by the standards you're describing, the DM should strongly consider barring characters with an Int 3 or 4. Ogre Int 5 would be able the least 'playable' PC intelligence score in the majority of games in that case.

I see nothing wrong with what you said here... Though I would let my players have a charisma or wisdom lower than that.

As for how I see this role played, it varies. Most players have a hard time playing a high intelligence character, unless they are in fact of genius intellect. Just like it's difficult for them to play something thick as a post, because for the most part, none of the players are actually thick as a post. The players either role play it as their own level of intelligence the whole way through or push it to extremes because it's a way for them to differentiate. And that's okay as long as they're having fun.

This is why my first suggestion was just to make a hybrid of Sandor Clegane/Forrest Gump/Rock Ogre. It's not hard to do and can be a blast.

My second suggestion was the much harder one. Where you actually try to make the character realistic with all it's ticks and foibles. Doing this requires study, experience and empathy but can be hugely rewarding for all involved.

I don't actually expect the OP to do this. But I included it more as a means of harvesting 'interesting mannerisms' that would be appropriate for the stats without going full blown into role playing it out.

Naanomi
2017-07-26, 04:19 PM
Another option could be a real 'raised by wolves' animalistic bent... justifies the complete lack of education and social graces; but with high instincts and sensory abilities

ruy343
2017-07-26, 04:21 PM
Always speak in cryptic riddles that no one can understand. Your character clearly thinks that you're making sense, but in reality, it's completely meaningless, and non-persuasive.

Easy_Lee
2017-07-26, 04:22 PM
Charisma is force of personality. Looks like a pretty basic Forest Gump type to me.

GorogIrongut
2017-07-26, 04:38 PM
Another approach the OP can take is to simply take what a stat stands for an 'emphasize' it. So if a character had a 5 intelligence (-3), I would identify those traits from intelligence:

Intelligence
Intelligence measures mental acuity, accuracy of recall,
and the ability to reason.
Intelligence Checks
An Intelligence check comes into play when you need
to draw on logic, education, memory, or deductive
reasoning.

And what I would do is take 3 of those traits and push them to their negative extreme (see the -3 modifier).
So the player could have a Memory that's abysmal. Think someone with an extremely poor long or short term memory.
They could also have no Education of any kind. They were raised by wolves.
Lastly their Deductive Reasoning is horrible. They try and add 2 + 2 but always end getting the answer as peanut butter sandwich.

This player would then have to do the same for Charisma (again -3).

Charisma
Charisma measures your ability to interact effectively
with others. It includes such factors as confidence
and eloquence, and it can represent a charming or
commanding personality.
Charisma Checks
A Charisma check might arise when you try to influence
or entertain others, when you try to make an impression
or tell a convincing lie, or when you are navigating a
tricky social situation.

So you can then go:
1. The character lacks Eloquence to the point where they have a fear of their own voice resulting in a stutter. Play them a bit like a kenku.
2. They are equally lacking in Confidence. Their stutter gets them flustered to the point where they turn beet red from the embarrassment.
3. Because they are so socially awkward, they keep trying to remedy their problem (hope springs eternal) in an attempt to make people like them. They frequently, in the most awkward of situations, try and Entertain others. Make this incredibly inappropriate.

For example, there's a big battle coming up soon and your party is deep in negotiations with mercenaries to help them. The character, because of his 18 wisdom has realized that the Barbarian in the party has been having performance issues and is worried. The character jumps to the conclusion that the barbarian needs a chance to relax. The easy answer would be to offer the barbarian a shoulder rub in the midst of the confab... Slightly awkward but not awkward enough.
The character has realized that the barbarian is in to some slightly kinky things following a night of drunken debauchery. So the character has paid for a string of harlots to parade around the tent while he gently hums the tune from the music of that drunken night... in his ear, but loud enough for all to hear. While the mercenaries are trying to talk. And then throws out double entendres while his leader is trying to barter down the cost of the mercenaries services.

mgshamster
2017-07-26, 05:23 PM
But I included it more as a means of harvesting 'interesting mannerisms' that would be appropriate for the stats without going full blown into role playing it out.

That's exactly my plan. A lot of people have different ideas about how it would be played out, so I was hoping to see all those different ideas and pick some that I feel would work well with this PC.

Beelzebubba
2017-07-26, 05:36 PM
The part where he runs into traffic is particularly indicative of that 18 wisdom. The part where he can't read the conversation until it's explicitly told to him (all wisdom related skills) is also super indicative of that 18 wisdom. There's also the matter of how having a better understanding of a conversation when the other person is communicating clearly and you aren't is maybe less indicative of your superior understanding and more indicative of your lacking communication skills, which is what we see here.

He didn't get hit, did he? He knew he'd be fine. Wisdom.

Complex verbal communication skills? Intellect. Seeing past words to the heart (or lack thereof) within? Wisdom.

Understanding? Intelligence. Not engaging with you and your lack of chill past this point? Wisdom.

:smallbiggrin:

Kane0
2017-07-26, 09:17 PM
Haha, you're in idiot Savant. Anyway, here's an interesting take on your potential personality:

- You just *know* things. You can't communicate this well at all, but your intuition is rarely far from the mark. "I have a bad feeling about this" (or something similar) is a phrase you have learned well and others soon learn to respect.
- Logic is at best followed, not understood. You are smart enough to know you aren't smart but you have come to terms with this, relying on your other abilities and trusting in others to get by. You usually don't come up with plans and ideas, but you can follow them fairly well (as long as they aren't overly complicated).
- It is quite possible that you have insecurities stemming from your lower stats, which often causes irrational and inappropriate behaviour if you are put under pressure. This usually occurs as a fight or flight response, attempting to escape the situation somehow or lashing out physically in a show of force. Try not to shrink to the back and remain quiet every time a social encounter happens, this is where you play up your character.
- You probably have some sort of speech or reading impediment, but as long as you stay away from big words you are usually OK. Don't make this your character's defining trait, just something that accentuates the others.

Elminster298
2017-07-27, 12:28 AM
The Dalai Lama. From a remote area so not "book smart" at all. Interacts with a very limited group of people so worldly social skills are replace with strict formality. Incredibly insightful about the world and people come to you for advice in lots of different situations.

djreynolds
2017-07-27, 12:46 AM

He'll be a level 5 Hunter Ranger, Wood Elf. Unsure on background. Either Outlander or Mercenary Veteran (from SCAG). But open to other ideas.

I'm looking for ideas to roleplay a PC like this. I know I can always just "use my own int and let the dice decide," but I'd prefer to find some interesting mannerisms to add to the PC that are inspired by his stats.

You are a feral animal and fight with two weapons, no bows, simple weapons like 2 clubs. I would throw in some barbarian in there for flavor and rage purposes, and I would go with frenzied berserker because it fits the theme

You have been a slave, or just left to die in the woods and raised by wolves.

Play like a wounded feral animal, don't even talk. Perhaps you can only communicate with beasts.

Choose spells accordingly.

I think beast master/ berserker barbarian would be a cool combo. Always recklessly attacking and raging with some animal you were raised with.

Think Tarzan, but with Christopher Lambert

And I would make an effort to increase intelligence as I leveled up, just to showcase the effects of adventuring with people now

Falcon X
2017-07-27, 01:04 AM
He was raised by an evil cult/league of shadows/horrible foster parents for expressly the purpose of being a stupid death machine.
They kept you in a dark room for most of your life, only showing you light part of the time so your eyes don't go to mush.
They only taught you rudimentary language, mostly enough to tell you how to use the excercise equipment.
You eat by them throwing in various wild animals and you hunt them in pitch dark.
They often created rooms full of traps and let you live there for a few months while preparing a new one.

Over time, you came to rely on all your senses and your intuition. You have no concept of intellectual learning. You speak a few hundred words and with no charisma to speak of.
You are also rough and buff as all getout because you were constantly challenged physically.

Your current allies rescued you from this environment. You either formed a high emotional bond to them, or you distrust them as you would anyone. Maybe both.
Etiquette means nothing to you, though something like a lady might inspire you to try.
You learn the mannerisms of the paladin's horse, because your concept of the difference between it and a human is not so great, except that you have been trained that there is a difference in killing one or the other.
You have a sense of honor that is a combination of that of those who raised you and those who rescued you.
Drinking, smoking, carnal pleasures, overeating, and other things seem right to you because they make you happy. You only know otherwise if someone has taught you so.
Nudity is natural to you. If someone has told you that nudity is bad, then you take the opposite extreme and bundle up beyond reason, maybe overheating.

Citan
2017-07-27, 06:01 AM

Hi!
Interesting stats. ;)

Well, I'd suggest this...
Joe is someone that have been afflicted with a brain illness very early in his childhood. This illness affected mainly the memory, making extremely hard for him to learn things, especially abstract ones.
Because of this, he always was sneered of by his peers, being unable to learn even basic language properly in spite of all his efforts, and developed a slight misanthropy, taking the habit of running off in the forest and play with animals which, its, didn't care at all about him not speaking their language...

When around 7, he started being taken care of by an old, isolated Ranger who was patient enough to teach as many times as required, because normal processus (are there "Rangering teachers" in D&d?) couldn't manage.

As a result, he spent all his childhood with basically this old man as the only humanoid contact, further stressing his love of animals and dislike of humans.
Because of that sheer lack of interactions, and with the slight traumatism of the discrimination of his early years, Joe feels very disturbed when in presence of many people and as such, loses the focus he kinda succeeded to develop over the years to fight his lack of memory...

>>> IN GENERAL
You have a bad memory, and cannot express otherwise than in simple sentences (complete, correct grammatically, but not fancy at all). So you usually manage to keep important information in mind (name of the enemy, where you have to go next etc) but details such as someone's clothes, or topics of conversation from the day before, are totally out of your grasp.

You tend to avoid people and, unless there are people particularly friendly or you feel "superior" physically, you always tend to fear a negative reaction to your behaviour: mockery or agression.

However, you are especially good with animals. Your good heart born from suffering is easily perceived by animals and as such, while a wild animal will stay wild (although a hunting animal which is not yet hungry "to death" may, seeing you, decide to instead pick another prey), most will react more favorably to whatever you say/do, and friendly ones (such as domestic ones) will come to you on their own.

Because you have such a particular link with animals in general, you are extremely hostile to any people engaging in overexploitation such as hunting rare animals, people who kill animals for fun and the like. In your party, you always try to convince them to not kill wild animals unless it's absolutely necessary for your survival.

>>> IN PARTICULAR
When people notice your flaws and make nasty comments on it, you lose contenance: you become slightly disoriented, tend to lose hand coordination and drop items (except with your weapon).
When you use the spell Speak With Animals, because it's "animal language" and emotions, you are especially adept and can make poetry or very complex sentences, and you brime with confidence.

What do you think?

BW022
2017-07-28, 08:51 AM
I'll give an alternate take...

You have some horrible physical affliction as a young child... burns from a house fire, leper, flesh eating disease, struck by lightning, etc. You became ostracized by the people of your village and shunned by even your parents -- no schooling, bullied by others, kept to yourself, etc. Maybe you found some job which allowed you to work alone -- shepherd, stable boy, chimney sweep, worked on a river barge, etc.

Demonslayer666
2017-07-28, 12:43 PM
Dude.

He's Forrest Gump!

https://youtu.be/6hlx2Jr-oG0?t=1m11s

Look at how he has so much going on inside here, she's going on about 'you didn't do anything wrong', missing the point, while he's not thinking about himself at all. He only cares for the well being of his son. "Is he smart or... (like me)."

You got this.

God I love that stupid movie.

GlenSmash!
2017-07-28, 04:28 PM
God I love that stupid movie.

I knew I shouldn't have watched that clip. The feels...

mgshamster
2017-07-28, 07:26 PM
So I've thought of a novel way to treat mental stats - especially with such high/low disparities as this one.

Average the stats, then treat a general "mental" ability as the average, with appropriate influences from the high stats and low stats.

Two 5s and an 18 averages out to 9.3. That makes his average "mental" score of 9, which is much easier to roleplay in my head. From there, make him more wise than anything else, and don't comment on things that make him knowledgeable or personable.

RazorChain
2017-07-28, 08:48 PM
As a child your character ate paint chips and sniffed glue. Now he can't remember if he put his pants on or not, let alone count to ten. In fact he's so stupid that he can barely speak. Make no mistake about it your character is dumb as a brick.

His high wisdom gives him instincts and means that he's perceptive has some animal cunning. He might be able to discern how people feel and react. Insight doesn't count for much if you don't have the intelligence to use it.

His charisma means that he's either so butt ugly that his mama left him in the trashbin with all that paint and glue or he is a drooling idiot.

Now have fun trying to understand orders or follow any kind of a battle plan made by your fellow party members.