PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Versatile role character input requested

ZorroGames
2017-07-26, 11:55 AM
Been running my Mountain Dwarf Monk now for 4 1/2 levels but think it might be time to look at our party and diversify, (especially if we start a campaign.)

BLUF - thinking about playing a Human Bard - no one seems to have Animal Handling, History, Nature, etc., etc., etc., when we need it.

"Utility ain't us" should be our motto.

Advice or ideas to make our utility better requested.

However... back to our skill challenged party currently traipsing through a tomb... under a time constraint...

Party Composition has been... flexible...

My Monk (Elven Cloak) and Warlock (4th) pretty consistent attenders (AL gaming, looking at DM starting a campaign) while the rest of the party composition has varied otherwise -

Brother and Sister team of Rogue and (now) Cleric with +1 mace (3rd or 4th, forget exactly) apparently dealing with Islamic father not too comfortable about this hobby about every other week though I think that may become less of a problem soon, I hope so. At least last time we played I got that impression.

And/or

Sorceror (out recently) (2nd/3rd)

Wizard (ditto) (ditto)

Fighter (work conflicts last two weeks) (2nd) - +1 longbow (and a 9 Dexterity!) plus GreatAxe - missed that muscle this week.

Cleric is using loaned Adamantine chainmail from Fighter (DM decision) during his absence. We could use her mace versus the Gargoyles we are mid combat with when shop closed.

[Yes it was good for the Fighter to get two magic items so early but when you were the only Martial in the adventures...]

Most Recent attending:
Paladin (Dad?) 2nd/3rd
Barbarian Dwarf (son?) 2nd/3rd
Monk (friend or younger sibling) 1st (will be 2nd easily once adventure finishes)

And this week:
Tiefling Wild Magic Sorceror (1st - DM from another table trying out the class) will finish this adventure with us next week

Everybody is Dwarf, Elf, Half-elf other than the Tiefling, no humans, other than the work conflict Great Axe Fighter.

Here are my thoughts on a new, utility, character:

Variant Human Bard. ST 8, DE 16, CO 10, IN 10, WI 13, CH 16. Feat Skilled - Thieves Tools ( it is tool, right?) Insight, Intimidation. Entertainer Background gives Acrobatics and Performance. Bard gives Perception, Persuasion and Stealth. Looking to go Lore Bard College at third level.

Still leaves us missing IN based skills but either everyone went combat focus or forgets to use their proficiencies during the game...

It has bee suggested I switch IN and WI ability numbers.

I also have thought if the Rogue shows up more regularly I could drop Thieves Tools for Arcana, History, Investigation, Nature or Religion.

Of course a third level/Lore College I would pick up three more proficiencies.

Gracias in advance.