PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Range spellstrike Help

Nosta
2017-07-26, 08:55 PM
Ok I am chosen a Build
Grimspawn: Spellslinger(1)xMagus(Eldritch Archer/Hexcrafter(5)

TO Add to that I took Martial study Tempest Gale at 5th level
so I have a few questions

can I combine a spellstrike and a martial Strike
can I Use a Boost to effect my Arcane guns ability to shoot a spell as a range attack, and same with spell strike

As for why took martial training (it ties in to the story I worked with my gm on so I will be taking the martial training feats up to number six and taking advance study one or two times

Aldrakan
2017-07-26, 10:09 PM
I believe not with ranged spellstrike, as you can't hold the charge on a ranged touch spell. With a melee spellstrike you could forgo the free attack and choose to hold the charge or use a spell with multiple touches so you would still be holding it when you initiated the strike. With ranged though you're either using the free attack (which can't be a strike as there's no action to initiate it) or casting it as a normal spell. You can use spell combat to spellstrike with multiple rays in a turn when using a spell that shoots more than one, but you can't combine a martial strike with spell combat.

The boost should work fine for ranged spellstrike. For arcane gun (if you were using these abilities separately) I'm not certain; the ones that increase accuracy should work, but if you're using a spell that doesn't damage whether dealing additional damage has any effect is unclear to me.

SaintNick
2017-07-26, 10:11 PM
You can combine a spellstrike and a martial strike maneuver if you spend an appropriate action to cast the touch attack spell, forgo the free attack and hold the spell as a charge, and then spend another action (normally standard) to active the maneuver. However, you cannot use a martial strike maneuver in place of the free attack that's offered as part of a touch attack spell.

You can use a boost maneuver to modify the attack/damage roll generated by the touch attack spell.

Just double-checked and Aldrakan is right on the fact that you can't hold a ranged touch attack spell as a charge.

Ecliptic
2017-07-26, 10:13 PM
How many different characters do you have going? :o

Nosta
2017-07-26, 10:24 PM
How many different characters do you have going? :o

I have Two Groups I Roll Dice with ^^

And I've Grown Tired of Melee combat, its been my bread and butter for most the games I've been in so I want something with more depth

My character idea, a range Debuffer/CMB User

Ecliptic
2017-07-26, 11:50 PM
Whatever works

You can look into Ravener Hunter inquisitor... going wood specialized, they can be extremely beastly as ranged archer types. Plus, they get divine spontaneous casting. Go human and you can even grab extra spells as you go.