PDA

View Full Version : Best feats for an FoB game as a martial character

ErebusVonMori
2017-07-27, 05:22 PM
I'm an FoB game and I've got a lot of gold left over and feat items are allowed, which feats would best help in this scenario in terms of either raw power, versatility or buffs to my army (who for reasons of being undead cannot benefit from morale bonuses)

Buufreak
2017-07-28, 06:46 AM
And in this context FoB means..?

ErebusVonMori
2017-07-28, 06:49 AM
Fields of Battle

Jormengand
2017-07-28, 11:24 AM
If you want to play Samurai, then Imperious Command should be good because it's an area-of-effect cower effect, though I'm not sure how that would affect a unit who don't all fit within 30 ft (ask your DM). Otherwise, there's not a lot - owning cleave and great cleave improves your damage against squads in FoB but martial characters should probably stay out of squad combat anyway.

The problem with playing a martial character in FoB is that even if casters weren't already better, their blasting spells have their usefulness amplified. You might be best off with Expert Siege Engineer and lobbing rocks at people.

Distracting attack will buff your squad's attacks. Formation Expert gives you more +numbers than most feats but requires you to be in a squad.

Honestly, you may be best trying to take out other single targets in combat than fighting real squads or buffing your (undead) troops. In which case, normal fighter stuff applies.

ErebusVonMori
2017-07-28, 12:03 PM
Well the good news on that front is I'm already playing a gish and have the caster side covered, it's why I'm asking about martial, my one real weakness is that someone dimension locks me and then I get caught in close-quarters.

Jormengand
2017-07-28, 12:17 PM
Well the good news on that front is I'm already playing a gish and have the caster side covered, it's why I'm asking about martial, my one real weakness is that someone dimension locks me and then I get caught in close-quarters.

Antimage from Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide gives you a +4 bonus on dispel magic and greater dispel magic checks, and extra spell can add either to your spell list if it's not already, so you can dispel the dimension lock rather than trying to fight a melee character in melee.