PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Master Craftsman Q

Molosse
2017-07-27, 05:43 PM
The feat Master Craftsman states that: Choose one Craft or Profession skill in which you possess at least 5 ranks... Ranks in your chosen skill count as your caster level for the purposes of qualifying for the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Item feats. You can create magic items using these feats, substituting your ranks in the chosen skill for your total caster level. You must use the chosen skill for the check to create the item.
My question is that if, for example, a character chooses Craft: Weapon as their chosen skill for Master Craftsman can they then craft magic Armor and Shields in addition to magic Weapons, utilizing their Craft: Weapon skill as the skill check as long as they possess the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat?

Thank you for your time.

Psyren
2017-07-27, 06:10 PM
I suggest you use Profession instead. For example, Profession (soldier) or Profession (blacksmith) should give you access to both weapons and armor. If you're a more woodsy sort, go with Profession (trapper), (tanner), or (hunter) and you should have no trouble making things like bows, knives, and leather armor.

Molosse
2017-07-27, 06:13 PM
Now I understand the fluff implications and aye, Profession: Blacksmith would make more practical sense, but in this case I'm asking that, due to the wording of the Master Craftsman feat, could you push heavily into Craft: Weapon and still be able to utilise every aspect of Craft Magic Arms and Armour?

Psyren
2017-07-27, 06:30 PM
Now I understand the fluff implications and aye, Profession: Blacksmith would make more practical sense, but in this case I'm asking that, due to the wording of the Master Craftsman feat, could you push heavily into Craft: Weapon and still be able to utilise every aspect of Craft Magic Arms and Armour?

Unlikely. There is a blacksmith in NPC Codex with Master Craftsman who went with the "Craft approach" that you're suggesting, and that character has both "Craft (weapons)" and "Craft (armor)". This suggests that they expected you to grab both if you want to go that route. Hence my suggestion of just using Profession instead.