PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/Pathfinder] How best to use a Dvati's abilities?

atemu1234
2017-07-27, 08:59 PM
I'm debating what class to play in a level three campaign. I'm already set on the race - Dvati, from Dragon Compendium, but now I need a class. I'm not looking for 'supreme power' per se, but some synergy would be nice. I'm debating playing a swashbuckler.

Roadie
2017-07-27, 09:18 PM
The first thing that comes to mind for me is the Warder class from Path of War and the Zweihander Sentinel archetype for it. The d12 hit die helps make up for halved HP, the class comes with a number of abilities that revolve around your reach and threatened area, maneuvers are a renewable resource so you're not causing yourself too much trouble by burning through them at twice the rate, and stances like Vigilant Keeper's Stance become absolutely brutal when you're actually two people with polearms and extra reach instead of one.

Zsaber0
2017-07-27, 11:33 PM
Teamwork feats would be very useful considering "You select feats, skills, and other abilities for both twins. Do not choose them separately. If one twin has Power Attack, both twins gain access to it."

Esprit15
2017-07-27, 11:48 PM
Crusader would work well. Large hitdie, maneuvers that are very ally oriented, delayed damage.

rel
2017-07-28, 12:01 AM
The only one I've seen in play used soulbow + extra attack spells to generate many many attacks.

I have heard people talk of gish builds that flank with themselves but I don't remember the details.

Zsaber0
2017-07-28, 12:38 PM
Dragonfire Adept is also a very good class to pick for a Dvati. With spells both Dvati must focus to cast the single spell. But with the DFA breath weapon you essentially can get double damage since you use 2 breath weapons.