PDA

View Full Version : Beginning campaign. Good idea?

DnDLover2002
2017-07-28, 12:05 AM
Conquest of Faerūn

Adventure 1: Liberation of the Underdark.

Preview: The Peace Treaty between the Drow and Svirfneblin, othwerwise known as Deep Gnomes, has been broken. Someone has infiltrated the city of Blingdenstone and assassinated the Most Honored Burrow Warden Kargien Dissengulp, and the Deep Gnomes suspect Drow involvement. You, heroes, have been sent to the Underdark, into the city of Blingdenstone, to uncover the murder of Kargien Dissengulp before a civil war erupts between the two races.

Naanomi
2017-07-28, 12:09 AM
I would use Deuregar instead of Svirfneblin myself... I love Svirfneblin (one of my favorite races) but they are more of a 'abandon the city and rebuild' or (at most) 'abandon the city then run a stealthy guerrilla sabatoge campaign until the drow just leave'... I don't see them really marshaling for formal war the way Drow (or Deuregar) would

Finieous
2017-07-28, 12:52 AM
If it's between deep gnomes and drow, it's not a civil war. It's just a war.
More substantively, what starting level? If 1st, who's asking for 1st-level characters from the surface to avert this Underdark war?
I'm sure you have more up your sleeve, but the titles don't seem to match the content.

Anyway, sounds like it could be fun.

DnDLover2002
2017-07-28, 01:44 AM
Conquest of Faerūn

Adventure 1: Ruins of Shanatar

Preview: The Duegar, or Gray Dwarves, are gearing up for another war with their rivals, the Shield Dwarves. The Dwarves are extremely restless as both sides are fighting for the future of their clans. As the Shield Dwarves march towards the Underdark to confront the Duegar, you, heroes, must be the one to put an end to this confrontation before it goes any farther. You are on your way to the old Ruins of Shanatar to uncover the secrets that could turn the tide of the war.

I revised it according to some of the things that were said.

DnDLover2002
2017-07-28, 10:26 AM
They are first levels but basically are just going to be sent in to be diplomats.

DnDLover2002
2017-07-28, 12:38 PM
I would use Deuregar instead of Svirfneblin myself... I love Svirfneblin (one of my favorite races) but they are more of a 'abandon the city and rebuild' or (at most) 'abandon the city then run a stealthy guerrilla sabatoge campaign until the drow just leave'... I don't see them really marshaling for formal war the way Drow (or Deuregar) would

Do you think the revised story is better?

Naanomi
2017-07-28, 09:19 PM
Do you think the revised story is better?
Oh, yeah probably... though I think a deuregar VS drow war using your first party and making the party interact with the 'lesser of two evils' also has a lot of potential

furby076
2017-07-28, 10:43 PM
Maybe it takes them several months to get there (if they survive). By the time they arrive, level 5.