PDA

View Full Version : Computer Daydreaming of Games

gooddragon1
2017-07-28, 12:31 AM
markdelete

Lord Raziere
2017-07-28, 01:35 AM
Fantasy Game (Shadow Knight Vs. The Kingdom of Light)
I daydream of a videogame where you play a Shadowfolk living in the Realm of Shadow, but its being invaded by the King of Light. So you must use your shadow powers to fight back and become a Shadow Knight and defeat the Six Lords of Color under the King of Light's command, one for each color of the rainbow.

there would mechanics where you'd have to avoid light because obviously, light hurts shadow, and thus you have to take advantage of your flexible shadow form as well as hide behind things. but you'd acquire the Shadow Knight armor which makes you immune to sunlight and more battle ready but you lose your flexible shadow-abilities because your in armor. and a big part of the game would be constantly switching between equipping and unequipping the shadow knight armor for different situations.

All the while you venture through the Land of Light to find out why the King of Light is attacking., and how you can stop this war. a little basic, but I'd want to see it.

Kaytara
2017-08-18, 03:57 PM
Oh boy I like this thread.

The shadow thing sounds nifty. I could envision it as a simple but sophisticated 2D sort of thing.

Games I actively yearn for:

A proper evolution-based god game. I.e. what Spore was originally marketed as but never became. You have control over the environment and over your creations, having the chance to introduce mutations and see the species thrive or fail through time. You can create natural disasters, adapt to challenges like ice ages or global climate change and mass extinction events. That sort of thing.

Something with Assassin Creed's sandbox-style gameplay and parkour/climbing, but in a huge magical forest or jungle. Maybe controlling a wood elf or something. Story could be epic or more mundane.

More animal survival/life cycle POV games. Like the Shelter series but even more. Even better, a game, literally any type of game where you can control a flying creature or a mythological creature or a dragon in first person. "I of the Dragon" is pretty close to what I mean but like, a better, more modern game of that kind, with whooshier and faster and more flexible flying, and a plot that isn't... very bare bones. Just give me a new and modern dragon POV game. Or a unicorn game that's not marketed to seven-year-olds but actually explores the unicorn as a wild and dangerous mythical creature that is hunted and needs to survive in a world with shrinking forests. JUST GIVE ME YOUR FANTASY CREATURE POV GAMES. I WILL GIVE YOU SO MUCH MONEY FOR THEM. ARGh. WHy isn't this being developed?

A game where you play as a ghost. I'm sure this already exists but, like, as more than on the level of a brief barely-interactive indie game.

I want a Betrayal at Krondor remake that is spiritualy faithful to the original and isn't stifled by Feist's creative "insight" but that's not ever gonna happen because of licensing issues. So whatever.

Lord Raziere
2017-08-18, 05:08 PM
The shadow thing sounds nifty. I could envision it as a simple but sophisticated 2D sort of thing.

That is the idea yes.

and yes, I do want to play mythical fantasy creature POV games. something that isn't a human exploring a fantasy world for the umpteenth time. just y'know, something that goes beyond the adventurer tropes.

Kaytara
2017-08-18, 07:17 PM
Soon after mentioning Ghost POV games I remembered that Ghost Trick is supposedly very very good. But a) it's a puzzle point and click game, which isn't for everyone, and b) more importantly, it is not available on PC. Ghost Master is also VERY good as a ghost-controlling strategy game, but it had flaws and never got a sequel. That's the problem with these games: they're often extremely fun, breaking the mould, but whether because of their novelty or relatively genre-defying aspects, promoting them often fails, and they fail to do well enough for devs to take more games in the same direction.

Yeah just more things (outside of tiny-budget, extremely limited small indie productions) defying genre conventions would be nice.

Horror/thriller game where YOU play the monster. Medieval/fantasy RPG where you're the peasant trying to navigate the epic heroes(TM)'s campaigns for the greater good or whatever. Fantasy game where you're the dragon and adventurers have come to steal your hoard and slay you. (So like How to Raise a Dragon (http://armorgames.com/play/4046/how-to-raise-a-dragon), but bigger... :P)