PDA

View Full Version : [Warhammer] Drakewater

thedanster7000
2017-07-28, 03:11 AM
You awake in a cosy bed, the air warm. You are in a wooden room, an inn, judging by the decorations and lack of personal belongings. You look around and see three others in a similar state; bruised and sore. A man enters, a large moustache adorns his pudgy red face. He looks you all up and down and speaks,

"I see you've all miraculously awoken! I'm Trevor, we brought you to my inn after we'd scared off the orcs. You're damn lucky we were around or you'd currently be their honoured and well-seasoned guests! What in the cursed barrows of the Ridge were you four doing travelling alone at this time of year!? Especially with all those blasted greenskins prowling about lately! The capital has to be far safer than Drakewater, so what could you possibly gain from trudging through the snow to this little orc-trap of a town, eh? Adventure, glory, fame, and women perhaps? We've heard that before, and they've ended up as a roast for the orcs they went to drive out."

Squadfather42
2017-07-28, 04:12 AM
Ulrich Fleischer
Squire

Ulrich sits up quickly, jumping at the sound of the mystery man's voice. Wincing at the sudden onslaught of pain, Ulrich rubs the side of his head and waits for the room to stop spinning.

"You've the right of it. I was simply try to find my way. Hoping to make fame and fortune along the way. Now that you mention it...a woman may make the room stop spinning."

Laughing at the last part, Ulrich winces as the pain hits him again.

LuckyStrike
2017-07-28, 12:41 PM
"I couldn't agree with you more." Ali said in response to Ulrich as he got to his feet and rubbed his bruised muscles.

He turned his attention to the man, his brown pupils eyeing the man and sizing up his worth. "Thanks for hauling us out of there big man. Whats on the menu in this joint?"

The halfling was used to his share of setbacks and was always looking to improve on his situation.

JbeJ275
2017-07-31, 02:15 PM
Someone had to try and fight the Bastards, and there's a lot of stuff that will hurt a lot more when it hits ya, but thanks for coming. I see this town has grave folk.

As he says this Marcus is trying to keep track of the way the room spins.

Squadfather42
2017-08-03, 03:33 PM
Once the room stops spinning, Ulrich slowly tries to stand up. Using a chair for support he manages to do so without wobbling to bad.

"Well, we're not going to heal up by staying here. What kind of food do they serve here?"

thedanster7000
2017-08-04, 04:19 PM
"Good food. Expensive food. So you may be in the need of cash, in which case I have a proposal for you..."

Squadfather42
2017-08-04, 05:26 PM
Ulrich looks at the stranger with a guarded look.

"What did you have in mind?"

thedanster7000
2017-08-05, 03:41 AM
"We've had a problem recently with our goats being snatched. I'd sort it out myself but I've work to do over here, and frankly, I'm no warrior: I probably couldn't stop whatever's taking them from doing so. So if you head down there and sort out, or at least identify, the problem, I'd be happy to reimburse you with free meals and lodgings until you figure out where you're going. Sound good?"

JbeJ275
2017-08-05, 05:43 AM
This sounds acceptable, where is this flock you require us to monitor.

Squadfather42
2017-08-05, 07:34 AM
Ulrich listens to the mans proposal. "Agreed, my friend. It is the least we can do. After all, you saved us by bringing us here."

thedanster7000
2017-08-05, 08:21 AM
"Well that's wonderful! Just follow the path to the south, you'll be there in an hour or so."

Squadfather42
2017-08-05, 09:22 AM
"Fair enough" Ulrich says as he tries to stand up. Finding that he can do so without staggering too badly, Ulrich secures his gear.

As he reaches the doorway, Ulrich looks back and asks "is there anyone in particular we should ask for?"

thedanster7000
2017-08-05, 04:32 PM
"Once you find out what's happened to the goats and resolved it, return to me and I'll give you your reward."

Squadfather42
2017-08-05, 04:54 PM
"Until then, my friend." Ulrich finishes speaking and heads out of the room.

As he walks downstairs, Ulrich finds himself thinking of what all could be snatching the goats. Not really sure, but a deal is a deal so Ulrich heads out of the inn and follows the directions he was given.

JbeJ275
2017-08-05, 06:05 PM
Marcus follows along. hoping to get a general overview before making further investigations and preparations.

thedanster7000
2017-08-06, 01:04 PM
You exit the inn, and walk out onto a wooden platform over a river coming from a waterfall running down the huge mountain behind you. The rest of the place is snow and ice, with other businesses on the platform and houses on the ground, shadowed by the snowy mountain range.

Squadfather42
2017-08-06, 11:33 PM
Ulrich is momentarily stunned by the beauty of the waterfall and it's surroundings. After taking in the scene he quickly sets off towards the spot he was briefed on.

"Goats....how many of the great heroes of legend started out this way." Ulrich silently laughs at himself as he continues down the path.

JbeJ275
2017-08-11, 03:06 PM
Marco continues down the path carrying the traps, which he hopes will aid in defending this place from what ever it is that threatens it.

Squadfather42
2017-08-16, 04:43 PM
Ulrich stops walking and turns to face the other occupant of the room. As he draws near Ulrich addresses him.

"Apologies, for not doing this earlier. I'm Ulrich, it seems that since we are traveling together, introductions should be made."

JbeJ275
2017-08-16, 05:32 PM
Markus, I'm an archer a hunter and I'm damn good at it. Not much else to tell. What's your story?

Marcus responds looking out from under his cowl with suspicion.

Squadfather42
2017-08-16, 06:40 PM
"Well met Marcus, there's not much to honestly tell. I am or actually was a squire, now I'm mainly looking to make my way through life. Hoping to make my fortune along the way. Atleast, that was before I was ambushed, knocked out and then brought here. How about you? What brought you to our current surroundings?"

Ulrich finishes talking as they both continue to walk towards their destination.

JbeJ275
2017-08-16, 06:44 PM
Home began unnerving me, orcs were really annoying, everyone said I had a knack for fighting and that s*** got to my head. Next thing I know I've left a life hunting deer and I'm dodging orc clubs with my life depending on it.

Squadfather42
2017-08-16, 07:08 PM
Ulrich laughs out loud as they continue walking down the street.

"Well my friend, we do have that in common. Come! Let us go rescue the goats and hear the cries of the women as a result."