PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Help RP a Dwarf mystic

Sirithhyando
2017-07-28, 09:42 AM
Hi everyone,

My main weakness in RPG is the roleplay part... considering it's a game base on roleplaying, that's pretty bad. :smalltongue:

Anyway, i'm always trying to improve, of course.

My IRL DM always prefer that we play the archetype or how the character would usually be. (does that make sense? sorry, sometime I have trouble with my english)

So i made a new character, a dwarf battlemaster/ mystic.

My DM told me how he view psionics character, i'd like to not let him down. I mean, with all the work he puts on the game, the minimum is that I try to be at my best. That's where this post come in.

I'd like your opinion on how this character would usually be. (and advice on how to RP him well, some things to keep in mind to give him a singular individuality)

Bulin was living as a smith when no fighting was occuring. His young son was happily helping as his wife going on, teaching young dwarves.
One day, the son of one of the lords made a mistake in the mines that got two lords killed. To protect his son, the lord pinned the mistake on Bulin son.
Angered, Bulin punched the lord face, losing some teeth in the process.
Of course, the lord got Bulin in jail while his son was exiled for his "deeds".
Bulin wife died not long after when she finds some evidence that her son wasn't at fault.
Sure that his wife was killed by the lord, Bulin couldn't hold his anger back.
The lord made an excuse to use Bulin on a raid against goblins. Chained up, he went with some people from the lord family.
It became evident soon that everything was a farce to have him killed. But, the young fighters were no match for the veteran. He made some widow that day.
Injured in the process, Bulin untied himself and took all he could bring with him from them. He eventually got to a small town full of life with everyone seeming happy. He got in before collapsing from the lack of food... of sleep... of blood.
Five days passed when he finally woke up.
The local lord had him being taken care of.
Patched up, he stayed in town a couple of days helping how he could the old smith. After a year of going out and back to find traces of his son whereabouts, the smith died, leaving no fimally to inherit the smithy. The local lord asked Bulin to take it and join them in the city.
Having no real place to call home, Bulin accepted the offer. For a time, everything went well, people were happy, he was happy, though the memory of his wife and child were still close by.
Until the day some basterd came with a small army to take the city. With the confusion and how sudden the attack came, no resistance were made. It wasn't long for Bulin to assemble everyone to try to get back the city that showed him such generosity. They almost made it, but the new basterd that was in charge was too much. Many died trying to take him down and Bulin had to retreat. A year later, people still bow respectfully at his sight though most despise him for the lost of their family members. His name haven't been spoken in a while and now he even haven't been seen in a while.
Unable to do a thing to help everyone, time passed. The people got accustomed to the new reality. This reality sadden X to the point he started staying in hiding in a secret basemen from the old lord manor, living off the occasional hunt he made during the night.