PDA

View Full Version : Blessed World Off-camera interaction

Kallimakus
2017-07-28, 01:27 PM
So this is the interaction thread. If you are doing a private conservation, use spoilers in the style of 'Speaker >>> Recipient' so that other players know that they wouldn't witness it IC.

stack
2017-07-28, 05:31 PM
Mahes abides in this thread.

Taya
2017-07-29, 02:29 PM
Gonna start a card divination for Samuel with a "random" Samsaran.

Samuel is sitting in front of a girl with very pale skin and light blue, long hair. The girl set a small table on one of the corners of the festival with a board saying "Harrowing Divination". "So, tell me, Neru's follower...", she asks, shuffling the deck. "What do you want to know? What are you curious about? What question do you need answer for?

Yorae Rasante
2017-07-29, 08:57 PM
"I wonder sometimes if I did the right thing leaving the temples to look for people to help by myself. I guess I'd like to know if I am doing the right thing or if I should go back.

Taya
2017-07-30, 08:19 AM
The cartomancer lays out the 10 top carts of the deck in a pattern. "When in doubt about the certainty of your own actions, the cards shall help you with your Path."

The cards are laid upside down in a "cone" pattern with four rows of cards. The first one, next to the woman, only has one card. The next one, two. Then three, and, finally, four cards, next to Samuel.

"From these cards, you shall select your path. One card from each row, each with a different meaning. The first one you can't change, but you may select your path with the other cards. Please, choose one card from each row, and one card only. Do not flip them, just show them to me."

OOC: Just say "Row #, Card #" Row 1 with cards 1 or 2, Row 2 with cards 1 to 3 and Row 3 with cards 1 to 4. I'll reveal them next post and start the reading.

Yorae Rasante
2017-07-31, 08:12 AM
Samuel thinks a bit, then just goes with what feels right.

Row 1: 2
Row 2: 1
Row 3: 3

Taya
2017-07-31, 09:07 AM
The woman flips the 4 cards. In order, from her to Samuel, the cards shown are: The Eclipse, The Mute Hag, The Avalanche and last, The Mountain Man. All of them, facing Samuel.

"Interesting", says the cartomancer, "All cards are facing you. This means all cards are misaligned, and their meanings are inverted. But, one by one, let's see what they mean, ok?"

She puts her hands on The Eclipse before explaining it. "This first card relates to your presence. It shows what your role will be in upcoming events. The Eclipse, however, is one of the bad cards of the suit of Wisdom, and while it normally represents loss of faith, because this card faces your way, it means that faith will bring you an unheralded ability that will be used in the future. Your faith you grant you a new, unseen strength."

Then, she proceeds to the second card, the Mute Hag. "This is the row of cards that represents your past. And for your past, you chose the Mute Hag, again, one of the bad cards of the suit of Wisdom. For you, facing your way, this card does not bears it's original meaning of poison and unspoken secrets, but rather, it represents unshaken loyalty, the kind that will bring a lucidity of speech and clarity in words of wisdom."

Next, The Avalanche. "This one, however, is not a card of Wisdom, but a card of Dexterity. It is still one of the bad cards, and in this row, the one that represents the present, this card shows that your path will lead to imminent and nearby disaster. The kind of disaster that will bring chaos to crowds and a calamity that has the ability to bring death. However, it can be averted. Because this card is showing your way, it means that even if the path you chose can bring disaster, it can be avoided. Think about your actions, Neru's follower, and if you play your role well, the disaster can be mostly negated, but nonetheless, you will have to face the consequences, be they big, or small. Remember the first two cards, think well and strong about what your abilities are and what role you play into this word, otherwise, unrelenting chaos will be brought onto your life."

Finally, the last card of the bunch, The Mountain Man. "The final card, the one that represents the future, is also the first card to not be a bad card. But that does not mean this is a good draw. This, is a neutral card of the Constitution suit, and its position towards you mean nothing, as it will remain neutral regardless of your actions. And this card, means physical prowess. It represents a relentless physical force that it's out of one's own control. This card can represent a person with huge amounts of authority, an army or a natural disaster. This card represents something of neutral capabilities will be brought upon your future, and it would be wise to not get into this power's way. You can turn the power into your ally, your they man end up being your biggest enemy. How this will end, depends on how early on your journey you can identify the mountain man and bring it to your side, instead of letting it join the other side and failing to persuade it later on."

She breathes deeply, after explaining each one of the cards. "This, is the path your choice of leaving to help people will lead you into. This may be good, this may be bad. Relating to your choice, and your choice only, the misaligned Hag means that that choice of yours may have been right, as you'll be granted a new ability that may come into play later into your journey. However, your present and your future may not be so bright, as the outcome of those will depend solely on how good you're to play your abilities, either the ones you already have, and the ones you'll be granted into the future." she pauses for a moment, letting all that information sink into Samuel. "If you have any questions regarding any of those questions, just ask. Every other single card is now blocked, and flipping them will only result in a curse, so that is not advised."

Yorae Rasante
2017-07-31, 09:20 AM
Thank you. That would be it for me for now, I'd rather think about your words for a while.

Samuel pays the woman, and leaves. That reading lifted his mind about his decision, but also gave him new worries. What disaster is going to happen? Would it still happen if he was not there? If so, it is still a good thing he is, so he got a chance. And what about this neutral force that may become allie or foe?

He shakes his head. If the disaster can be avoided, or even mitigated, by his actions, there is where he should be. If there is a potential ally, he should do his best to befriend them. His presence is for the best.

It is.