PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Character help and transmutations

Zellsantal
2017-07-28, 07:44 PM
Hey all I am working on making another character for this group I'm with and need a little help on desiding what to do. First of all my DM is giving me the opinion of useing a feat to give me spell progression of a spell casting class and I am thinking either Beguiler or Sorcerer. Mainly I am to play as melee tank/dps and useing useing as many buff spells I can on myself. However I'm not sure what melee class that would best for what im trying to do and would like your guys opinion. That and know what buff spells would stack and what limets I have for my buffs.

My Rolls are the fallowing: 18, 18, 17,16,15,14 (the first 18 was free so I did well in rolling the others)
Character level is 8 but will be nine on after our next settion, however the rule the Dm gave me if I were to give up a feat for the spell progression I can't take any other levels of any other class's, so one class with spells is it. So with that said what I was thinking I either go with Paladon, Warblade, Crusader, Fighter, or Barbarian.

For spells I have a few ideas already but I am not sure if they can stack, here is what I have so far I am thinking off but it's not all of them.

Draconic Polymorpth
Rage spell
Bulls Straigth
Enlarge person
Bane weapon Spell

The first three is what I'm wondering about sene I have been told you can't have the same stat abilite staking but still want to know if his combo can still work and if there are others that could help then let me. Now many of what I have are transmutations, can you do more then one spell time on yourself? Why I ask is I thought some were in the rules you can't have so many spells of the same school going off at the same time or am I wrong and there is no limet?

Waker
2017-07-28, 09:15 PM
The first three is what I'm wondering about sene I have been told you can't have the same stat abilite staking but still want to know if his combo can still work and if there are others that could help then let me. Now many of what I have are transmutations, can you do more then one spell time on yourself? Why I ask is I thought some were in the rules you can't have so many spells of the same school going off at the same time or am I wrong and there is no limet?
Here is the quote you need to stacking modifiers.

Stacking
In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession). If the modifiers to a particular roll do not stack, only the best bonus and worst penalty applies. Dodge bonuses and circumstance bonuses however, do stack with one another unless otherwise specified.

As to limits on spells from the same school, no there is no such rule. The only rule I know of that deals with multiple spells being cast on the same object/creature talk about abjuration spells creating a glow.

If one abjuration spell is active within 10 feet of another for 24 hours or more, the magical fields interfere with each other and create barely visible energy fluctuations.