PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Using feet as hands

Iak Kereshna
2017-07-28, 11:16 PM
I'm preparing to run a campaign where almost everything in 3e, 3.5e, and Pathfinder is allowed, along with anything else the players want (so long as they can provide me with books or at least pdfs). It's... intended to be quite the insane sh*tshow.

The players aren't allowed to use core races (or orcs); in fact, I've told them to use the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide's Race Builder to make a race worth 25RP. (they're intended to be OP compared to normal... buuut my stuff is probably gonna be even more OP :P).

One of my players wants to make a race that SOUNDS like it should be feasible in that amount. Basically it'd be a hovering space octopus sort of thing; fly speed, Hover as a racial feat (which I'd be allowing in because the race simply wouldn't work without it), 8 limbs (all of them tentacles, but intended as being able to hold weapons. The difficulty is, by the rules, just getting enough limbs would cost too much RP (and he'd still be stuck with two "legs").

So, I'm wondering if there's any feat or trait or anything of that nature that would allow someone to use legs/feet as arms/hands, for purposes of wielding weapons. I can see it being used for more "legitimate" humanoid races (perhaps for some sort of acrobatic/monkey-like race? I dunno), so I'd be surprised if there isn't something like this available... but I have NO idea where to find it, considering how many books I have to go through.

Anyone have any ideas?

ericgrau
2017-07-29, 11:55 AM
You're the DM? Just make something up and move on.

But honestly 8 weapon fighting costs that much RP because it's really powerful. I'd give a discount of half of whatever 2 limbs cost for not having legs. Beyond that for the limbs and flight you'll probably have to nerf it somehow to make the RP reasonable. Perhaps ability score penalties and/or a slow speed. IF PF doesn't have a system for it already, just keep in mind that any penalty is worth much less than a bonus because of course the bonus goes in his main stats or main abilities and the penalties go in his dump stats or unused abilities.

A simple way might be to give a penalty to hit. Every -1 reduces the *number of hits* by about 10%. The percent of attacks that hit, -5%, is something different and would be misleading. So a -2 to hit is like having 20% or 1.6 less limbs. A -4 to hit is like having 40% or 3.2 less limbs. Round down a little on the RP returned though because if he exploits it well the penalty won't be so bad. For example if he uses his CMB to trip and disarm he often doesn't need as high of a bonus. Feats can give up to a +4, etc.