PDA

View Full Version : I've got the music in my soul...curses!

MethodicalMeat
2007-08-08, 08:19 PM
So, I just watched the Looking For Group animation, Slaughter Your World. It's a musical (a rather disturbing musical, but a musical nonetheless). Then, I tried to write. I kept typing my words in time to the song had been lodged in my head. I finally quit trying after about ten minutes. It just wasn't working out for me. So now I just have to wait until the acursed song floats its way out of my head. Anyone else have songs that interfere with their writing?

Dragonrider
2007-08-08, 09:04 PM
Yep. I'll be typing and find myself phasing into writing the actual lyrics. It's worse when I'm trying to write poetry; all my rhymes try to follow the song lyric instead of the last line I wrote.

Gowron
2007-08-08, 11:28 PM
Out of all your hu-man media, I do believe I enjoyed your LFG Short the most. I for one can not wait for the movie!

T'ze'hai
2007-08-09, 08:04 AM
Not realy the music or rhyme, but just words getting back into my head and keeping me away from the words I need. Sometimes it works to play a song without lyrics (try classical music!)

Penguinsushi
2007-08-09, 12:11 PM
About the only writing i do is either:

A) gaming prep

or

B) songwriting

Not much of anything bothers the former. Almost everything disrupts the latter...

~PS

MethodicalMeat
2007-08-09, 12:12 PM
Classical you say? Hmm, interesting...of course I suppose watching the short ten-odd times didn't help me...

Arang
2007-08-09, 02:13 PM
Listen to something else. Techno and that stuff is good because it usually has very few words and is extremely repetitive, so you're bound to get it stuck.

Indurain
2007-08-09, 02:41 PM
So, I just watched the Looking For Group animation, Slaughter Your World. It's a musical (a rather disturbing musical, but a musical nonetheless). Then, I tried to write. I kept typing my words in time to the song had been lodged in my head. I finally quit trying after about ten minutes. It just wasn't working out for me. So now I just have to wait until the acursed song floats its way out of my head. Anyone else have songs that interfere with their writing?

LFG QFT!

It's been in my head since it was posted. Now...how to audition for the movie. *goes off to ponder*

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-09, 04:42 PM
Sounds like you have writers-block, thats not good for writing a six page report.Speaking of witch*goes to do homework*.

Gaelbert
2007-08-10, 01:19 AM
When I have to concentrate with a song in my head, I think of the mario song. That usually chases out the song.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-10, 01:33 AM
When I have to concentrate with a song in my head, I think of the mario song. That usually chases out the song.

I used to have that song as the ringer on my phone.
Every time it would ring someone around me ten minutes later would start humming it.