PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder aid another, and strikes with multiple attack rolls

thecrimsondawn
2017-07-29, 08:26 AM
So aid another can be used to give someone a small bonus to their next attack they make.

If I use a strike - in this example, the landsknecht's Silver Crown Strike - would that bonus be on every roll I make since it is a standard action and is truly just one strike, or would some kind of exception take place here?

Thinking about taking a 1 level dip in Zealot for the self aid bonus just for this combo

Kallimakus
2017-07-29, 09:31 AM
As far as the rules to, it applies to the next attack roll or to AC against the next attack roll. Just one, no exceptions that I can see. I can't see why it would matter whether it is a standard action or full attack. No More than aid another would work on cleave, which is just as much multiple attack rolls as a standard action.

stanprollyright
2017-07-29, 10:05 AM
So aid another can be used to give someone a small bonus to their next attack they make.

I think you answered your own question

Vortenger
2017-07-29, 12:18 PM
I would recommend looking into the Harrying Partners feat. It allows the aid another bonus to last until your next round, rather than just the next attack. Then your maneuvers work work as you describe.

Pairing that with some aid boosters (Cavalier order, Helpful trait, Fools for Friends trait, etc.) you can achieve some rather scary boosts to attack if that's what you're after. You can grant yourself a +5 aid bonus with just two traits, that's gotta be worth something.