PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Are there matirial adapts in PF that are like the Crusader?

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-07-29, 08:34 AM
Hello guys,

My last game ended bad and I didn't get to play my Crusader and now I can only find PF games(why no one wants to play 3.5e?).

Is there a way to make a white raven and and healings base Crusader in PF?

EDIT:
Helene a level 5 LG Human Crusader
2 flaws: pride of arms and love of nature

Class Abilities:
Furious counterstrike, steely resolve 10, Indomitable soul(Cha to will), Zealous surge(re-roll 1 save a day),
Maneuvers Known: 7
Maneuvers Readied: 5 (3)
Stances Known: 2

feats:
Power Attack, Extra Granted Maneuver, Combat Reflexes, Vexing Flanker, Endurance, Ancestral Relic(Stormfire Ring).

MANEUVER:
1 Crusader's Strike Devoted Spirit-> 3 Revitilizing Strike Devoted Spirit
1 Vanguard Strike Devoted Spirit ----------
1 Leading the Attack White Raven -----------
1 Charging Minotaur Stone Dragon
1 Stone Bones -> 2 Mountain Hammer Stone Dragon
2 Tactical Strike White Raven
3 White Raven Tactics White Raven

STANCE:
1 Martial Spirit Devoted Spirit
1 Leading the Charge White Raven

Mehangel
2017-07-29, 08:49 AM
You would be interested in Path of War (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war). The martial adept class closest to the Crusader would be the Warder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder) (although, you may also be interested in either the Warlord (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warlord) or Zealot (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/zealot)). For healing, the discipline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers) you want is Silver Crane (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/silver-crane-maneuvers/) (although there is another in playtesting), As for White Raven the closest discipline I can think of is probably Golden Lion (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/golden-lion-maneuvers/).

Ninjaxenomorph
2017-07-29, 08:53 AM
Tome of Battle has not recieved a Pathfinder treatment from Paizo, but Dreamscarred Press (who also put out their well-regarded Psionics system) put out Path of War/Path of War Expanded which is an PF version for ToB, which is very well-liked on these forums. All-different classes, though. I'm not familiar with ToB itself or the specific mechanics therein, but I think the crusader's recovery mechanic was used for the Mystic. Not familiar enough with what disciplines were originally in ToB to say their PoW equivalents, but the best healing discipline out currently (and only one, technically) is Silver Crane.

Wartex1
2017-07-29, 09:20 AM
As others have said, Path of War is what you're looking for. It's a vast improvement with things streamlined and less fiddly, plus there's a lot more variety to the disciplined and whatnot. There are currently seven classes and a boatload of disciplines (more on the way). The SRD has most of them, but I think it's lacking the Medic, Unquiet Grave, and Fool's Errand.

The original three classes and the medic are pretty simple, and then the second wave of classes (especially the Zealot) are quite a bit more complicated because it integrates more supernatural elements with different mechanics into the classes (Zealot is Psionic, Mystic uses Glyph things and elemental magic, and the Harbinger is essentially edgelord magic).

Vortenger
2017-07-29, 12:22 PM
If it's the funky recovery mechanic the Crusader had that you were after, then the Mystic is the class for you, as it took the system whole cloth.

If it's the defender-y style the class provided, then look no farther than the Warder. PoW 2 and 1, respectively.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-07-29, 12:34 PM
Note that Path of War is third party, albeit well-regarded third party. It may not be allowed. Otherwise you'll probably have to downgrade to a Paladin, though the PF Paladin is at least a significant upgrade over the 3.5 version.

Mehangel
2017-07-29, 12:39 PM
Note that Path of War is third party, albeit well-regarded third party. It may not be allowed. Otherwise you'll probably have to downgrade to a Paladin, though the PF Paladin is at least a significant upgrade over the 3.5 version.

It would also be good to note that Pathfinder 3rd Party is not held in the same regard as D&D 3.5 3rd Party. There are some really well respected 3rd Party Content in regards to Pathfinder, and have found little issue in finding games that accept it.

NomGarret
2017-07-29, 12:52 PM
As others have said, the best way to replicate the feel of that crusader is going to be a PoW warder with a healthy dose of Golden Lion and Silver Crane disciplines. It's a little more specifically tanky, and not all abilities port over, (no delayed damage pool, for instance) but it's a really good match. Note that Silver Crane doesn't come standard, but it's quite easy to swap in for another discipline. If you find yourself in a Paizo-only game, you'll probably get steered towards paladin, or possibly warpriest. Personally, if I'd already built the character around being an initiator, I'd hold off rather than remake it as one of those.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-07-29, 01:51 PM
I think I will just chose another class to play :(

Grod_The_Giant
2017-07-29, 02:20 PM
I think I will just chose another class to play :(
It might be worth asking a prospective DM if you can bring the character in; 3.5 and PF are basically the same game, and require no more than a few minutes to adjust skills and CMB/CMD junk for full compatibility.

Sagetim
2017-07-29, 05:24 PM
Since it seems to be overlooked or forgotten often, one of the main selling points of Pathfinder when it came out was that it's 3.5 compatible. Which means that it's not out of the question to ask to play a Crusader in a Pathfinder game (though you would need to convert the skill list to the Pathfinder list, if nothing else). This is more in support of what Grod already posted, but it seems worth pointing out.

That said, Dreamscarred Press did a good job with Path of War and Path of War: Expanded. While some disciplines do not have direct comparisons (Shadow Hand and Veiled Moon are similar in theme but different in execution), others have already mentioned that Silver Crane will get you where you're going for healing, while Golden Lion is the stand in for White Raven (and some of it's stances and maneuvers are straight upgrades over White Raven).

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-07-29, 06:16 PM
To those suggesting Warder, let me counterpropose playing a Knight-Disciple Paladin. DSP released archetypes for core classes granting maneuvers and the Paladin's makes it very similar to the Crusader with more party support.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-07-30, 05:13 AM
It might be worth asking a prospective DM if you can bring the character in; 3.5 and PF are basically the same game, and require no more than a few minutes to adjust skills and CMB/CMD junk for full compatibility.
Will the Crusader be fine in PF power level?

Since it seems to be overlooked or forgotten often, one of the main selling points of Pathfinder when it came out was that it's 3.5 compatible. Which means that it's not out of the question to ask to play a Crusader in a Pathfinder game (though you would need to convert the skill list to the Pathfinder list, if nothing else). This is more in support of what Grod already posted, but it seems worth pointing out.

That said, Dreamscarred Press did a good job with Path of War and Path of War: Expanded. While some disciplines do not have direct comparisons (Shadow Hand and Veiled Moon are similar in theme but different in execution), others have already mentioned that Silver Crane will get you where you're going for healing, while Golden Lion is the stand in for White Raven (and some of it's stances and maneuvers are straight upgrades over White Raven).
I read about those disciplines and I didn't really like them.

To those suggesting Warder, let me counterpropose playing a Knight-Disciple Paladin. DSP released archetypes for core classes granting maneuvers and the Paladin's makes it very similar to the Crusader with more party support.
I hate the Paladin because of his code.

I think I will just play a healbot-buffer that I always wanted to play.
I think I will open a new thread because I am not familiar with PF and I don't know the class and feats.

Psyren
2017-07-30, 05:52 PM
Will the Crusader be fine in PF power level?

Yes.

I read about those disciplines and I didn't really like them.

It's hard to offer suggestions when you don't give more detail on what you like or don't like.