PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on The Apocalypse Stone?

Tainted_Scholar
2017-07-29, 09:58 PM
I don't know a ton about The Apocalypse Stone, so I wanted to know your opinions on it.

ColorBlindNinja
2017-07-29, 10:04 PM
Isn't that a 2nd edition module?

Tainted_Scholar
2017-07-30, 03:26 PM
Isn't that a 2nd edition module?

Is it? I didn't know that.

Is it easy to adapt to 3.5 or are there fan conversions?

ColorBlindNinja
2017-07-30, 03:27 PM
Is it? I didn't know that.

Is it easy to adapt to 3.5 or are there fan conversions?

I don't know about any conversions, fan or otherwise, but I hear the module is relatively easy to adapt. I believe this is do to the fact that Apocalypse Stone is rather combat heavy, but I could be wrong.

ATHATH
2017-07-30, 07:47 PM
http://spoonyexperiment.com/counter-monkey/counter-monkey-the-apocalypse-stone-part-1/

ColorBlindNinja
2017-07-30, 07:49 PM
http://spoonyexperiment.com/counter-monkey/counter-monkey-the-apocalypse-stone-part-1/

I've seen both parts, and I'm pretty sure a well-built 3.5 party would crush most of those challenges.

Edit: Also, each video is an hour long.

ATHATH
2017-07-30, 08:18 PM
I've seen both parts, and I'm pretty sure a well-built 3.5 party would crush most of those challenges.

Edit: Also, each video is an hour long.
I dunno, even with Wish, *spoilers ahead* stitching reality back together seems like a pretty hard thing to do.

ColorBlindNinja
2017-07-30, 08:22 PM
I dunno, even with Wish, *spoilers ahead* stitching reality back together seems like a pretty hard thing to do.

I was thinking about the combat encounters, most smart parties wouldn't touch the titular stone without using a dozen of so Divination spells.

Florian
2017-07-31, 01:29 AM
I don't know a ton about The Apocalypse Stone, so I wanted to know your opinions on it.

Itīs less of a module than a toolbox to build a campaign based around the apocalypse of a campaign world, a bit similar to the later Elder Evils. Going thru the whole 12 steps will take time and will you have rework the rules more than once to reflect what is happening, like the connection to the planes getting weaker and then being cut off, with undead and most magic failing, all that.