PDA

View Full Version : My idea for a half Fiend, half celestial race.

NecroDancer
2017-07-30, 09:55 AM
Have you ever wanted to play a half-feind, half-celestial? Do you want a "deep" character that laments over the darkness inside of him/her while suffering from their corrupted celestial blood? Do you want to have an OP character with a trench coat and 2 katanas that controls powers beyond heaven and hell? Then I have the race for you!

Half-Feind Half Celestial Race
At level one choose from the following 3 subtypes.

1. They don't exist because fiends have a different number of chromosomes than a celestial.

2. If they do exists the offspring's celestial and fiendish blood dilute each other and they are aesthetically similar to humans and have all the traits of a human. You naturally gravitate towards any alignment you want. If you say your half-feind/half-celestial people think your crazy because it's obviously impossible.

3. The offspring suffer a rare magical mutation from their celestial/fiend blood and are born as mass of sentient energy that dissipates into the æther (the PC would become an NPC and then literally nothing).

miburo
2017-07-30, 02:52 PM
I believe the proper name for this race is "edgelord"

suplee215
2017-07-30, 02:55 PM
is it really that odd? I mean if we are basing it off mythology **** then this is extremely possible. Only problem I see with it is whatever the outcome will be too power for a PC.

miburo
2017-07-30, 03:36 PM
Haha mostly joking. This is thematically what the Nephalem in Diablo III are (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nephalem). Still NecroDancer's thread was too good to pass up :smallbiggrin:. Using "official" material you could probably adapt the Fallen Aasimar from Volo's Guide.

I get the appeal of brooding half-race characters. My first real D&D PC years ago was a half-drow, half-high elf fighter-mage with a bit of an attitude problem. I loved that character to death, but man, he/I was quite emotastic...

Paeleus
2017-07-30, 03:39 PM
Fedora of Superior Intellect
wonderous item, artifact (requires attunement)

A True Gentleman's head gear of choice, the Fedora grants the wearer a 24 Intelligence score, but causes Charisma to drop to 6 or Charisma minus two (whichever is lower). The Fedora also causes the user to constantly interrupt conversations with "Ackchyually" and "That's where you're mistaken."

Or whatever.

Steampunkette
2017-07-30, 04:00 PM
Fedora of Superior Intellect
wonderous item, artifact (requires attunement)

A True Gentleman's head gear of choice, the Fedora grants the wearer a 24 Intelligence score, but causes Charisma to drop to 6 or Charisma minus two (whichever is lower). The Fedora also causes the user to constantly interrupt conversations with "Ackchyually" and "That's where you're mistaken."

Or whatever.

It grants the wearer what they -think- is an intelligence score of 24, but leaves them where they were when they started. It also gives them disadvantage to insight checks and if attuned for more than a fortnight causes a neckbeard to grow, even in races that do not typically grow facial hair, such as elves.

;)