PDA

View Full Version : Bugbear Brawler, Drunken Tavern Goer.

that_one_kobold
2017-07-30, 04:24 PM
So my most recent idea for my newest character, (redundancy not lost on me) i have decided to go with a Drunken bugbear who loves using tables as weapons and hitting things. (also mead and ale :smallbiggrin: )
Now, i'm wondering how in the world i would make a tavern brawler (using the feat, of course) viable in combat! I'm thinking of going for the classic ol' grapple-then-pick-up-my-enemy-and-use-him-as-a-weapon tactic. Now, I could also try to get my dm to give me a stone fist weapon that basically acts like a hammer, D8 damage die and 5 ft reach. (Bugbear gives me ten :smallbiggrin: )

What do you guys think? I feel like i don't need to power him up to infinity, but enough to make him viable.

Scathain
2017-07-30, 04:33 PM
Well the best part about reach as a bugbear is that grappling them from 10 feet away means they can't attack you with melee unless they also have reach. Slap on three levels of primeval enclave ranger, and your reach will be as good as most thrown weapons. Also who doesn't want to play Groot?

that_one_kobold
2017-07-30, 05:36 PM
Well the best part about reach as a bugbear is that grappling them from 10 feet away means they can't attack you with melee unless they also have reach. Slap on three levels of primeval enclave ranger, and your reach will be as good as most thrown weapons. Also who doesn't want to play Groot?

Funny you mention Groot, i'm role playing him like Drax! Taking everything literally and being dumb as rocks, and always overreacting!