PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Has anyone used the spell Limp Lash?

Zangief1983
2017-07-30, 04:38 PM
I was wondering if I could get opinions on this spell, has anyone used it before? What are your thoughts on it? Seems really good except for the fact that the enemy can walk out of the range radius and than your spell fails. However I could see it maybe working if your fighting enemies in a room where they don't have anywhere to run.

Psyren
2017-07-30, 05:56 PM
I suggest reading the extensive FAQ on it (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gj#v5748eaic9rdn) before deciding how much you like it.

Zangief1983
2017-07-30, 11:00 PM
Ya I was familiar with that. Just wondering when is it viable? In a small room sort of thing where the enemy cannot get out of range?

Psyren
2017-07-31, 08:45 AM
I'd say that if a creature's physical stats are low enough that this could drop it before it finds a way to escape, there is probably an easier way to take it out. Grappling a foe first would allow one to maintain the necessary hold, but now you're tying up two party members on one foe.

The best use I can see for it, given its low level, is law enforcement; guards packing wands of this would make fairly effective handcuffs, and there can be as many NPCs as you need to dogpile a PC or other threat with aided grapples until this takes hold, then hold onto the whip as they are bundled into the squad-carriage.

Firest Kathon
2017-07-31, 10:53 AM
You could also make some effective use of it for interrogation/torture scenarios as the target cannot struggle, but still sense everything and talk.