PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom

MeklorIlavator
2017-07-30, 09:29 PM
The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with seemingly endless lines of dusty flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin's Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It's a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood, and the best place to explore the nearby forest and Vaarth Keep.

And we're off. Give an introduction if you like, and roll Spot checks.

Postmodernist
2017-07-30, 09:47 PM
Arnl'Ral welcomes the sweat beading on his forehead, the dull ache in his calves from the grueling march, and the flies buzzing about the entourage. These minor hardships are sacraments of the road, small offerings to Fharlanghn demanded of those who walk the path. The lean half-orc knew that these sacrifices would be rewarded, perhaps with a good night's sleep, perhaps with riches and glory. Only the Dweller on the Horizon knew where roads ended. It didn't matter; the journey itself was the true gift.

His pipe gripped between his teeth, the Strider priest cupped his hand to his brow, seeking to determine how much farther Drellin's Ferry was from their current position, or if he could at least make out the greenery of the Witchwood from here.

Spot check: [roll0]

J-H
2017-07-30, 09:59 PM
Paulus

Paulus looks around, always on alert - as he is trained to be - as the group travels in the hot sun. "With this kind of weather, many predators are likely to be asleep. I think I would rather travel at a cooler time, myself. I haven't been to this area before - does Drellin's Ferry have a bath sized for my folk, or would I have to stand on a block of wood?"

[roll0]

ScrambledBrains
2017-07-30, 10:12 PM
"Accursed lightball..." Quinn grumbled aloud, running a hand along his forehead to wipe it clean of sweat. Glaring at the sun, he nodded in agreement with Paulus, "This armor is not meant for heat travel. And I'd rather not give that lousy spark in the sky any more amusement. Hopefully, we'll reach Drelin's Ferry soon."

[roll0]

BelGareth
2017-07-30, 10:15 PM
Obyrin ignored his companions complaints, he was in the bushes, like he was want to do, it allowed him to sneak around, and got him out of the accursed sun.

[roll0]

PeacefulOak
2017-07-30, 11:11 PM
Vera

Walking down the road with her newfound companions, Vera appears to be wearing a simple acolyte's robe. Largely ignoring the sun, her eyes scan the surroundings for danger as she leads her horse, choosing to let the beast rest for a space before resuming ranging about the road.

"Clear skies means easy trails, for now. I'll remind you of this the next time it rains." She chuckles to herself.

[roll0] Spot

MeklorIlavator
2017-07-31, 11:33 AM
The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've past a dozen such spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong. Then you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Fierce Warriors, tall, hairy humanoids with wide moths and flat faces- are lying in wait.

Map: Here (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1dOsseyWP2qOdK-7ypl-PtdaASwkIQ9Af0J1VUQD5uDo/edit?usp=sharing). Red Dots are enemies(hobgoblin warriors, with nothing to differentiate themselves). Each box is 5ft. The area under the trees are filled with light undergrowth(difficult terrain, 2 squares to enter, concealment). The trees provide cover to someone in their square. The escarpment of the road is cut into a steep slot, counting as difficult terrain and requiring 4 squares to enter.

You can add yourselves in the red shaded area(and then probably move to wherever you want to be) using the ad shapes button. Please have the color be the same as your dialoge.

Obyrin may start in the forest to one side of the road.

Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

J-H
2017-07-31, 12:20 PM
Paulus

Sight flows into action as Paulus belatedly spies the trap. "Hobgoblins, both sides, it's a trap! I'll take the ones on the right," he hisses. The halfling draws both short swords and vanishes from sight as he steps into a patch of darker shadow.

Move: Draw swords
Swift: Ghost Step, invisible for 1 round (ie until the start of my next turn)
Standard: Shadow Jump, 50' teleport.

The map is not compatible with my browser. Paulus will teleport to the northeastern side of the road, between the two southern-most hobgoblins on that side. He should be in the square just southeast of the central hobgoblin.

He is still invisible, and firing a ranged weapon provokes an AOO... as does movement. Too bad he doesn't have Combat Reflexes.

Have an AOO roll, at +2 for invisibility!

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] and [roll2] sneak + sudden strike

HP 44
AC 21
Invisible

BelGareth
2017-07-31, 02:05 PM
Hobgoblinds!

Obyrin thought something had been off, he was about to investigate, when Sight yelled out, charging ahead, like usual. Shaking his head slightly, he kept going, loping on his incarnum fueled legs. He kept low, and moved around the brush, his dark body a perfect shadow underneath the shade of the tree.

He moved right up to the first one he saw, and popped up with a slash of his claw, attempting to disembowel the thing.

Move to closest Hob and attack (map is updated)
Swift assign 4 essentia into Kruthik Claws

[roll0]
[roll1] & [roll2] Acid - (4d4)[12]

Obyrin (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1276980)
AC: 21 (23 vs evil creatures)
HP's:84/84
soulmelds -
Kruthik Claws: 4/4
Lammasu Mantle: 0/2
Totem Avatar: 2/2
Frost Helm: 0/2
Duskling speed: 0/2

BelGareth
2017-07-31, 02:24 PM
because im dumb
[roll0]

PeacefulOak
2017-07-31, 02:47 PM
Vera

Even before hearing the cry, the hairs on the back of her neck rise at the shadows of her hated enemies in the bushes. "They all die," she snarls, lifting her hands and focusing her mind, calling into being a salvo of bright mental arrows.

Knowledge Devotion: Local [roll0]
All attack and damage plus +2. Starting with farthest back on the left (top), moving up the line if they die.
Dual wielding with Rapid Shot:
[roll1] for [roll2]
[roll3] for [roll4]
[roll5] for [roll6]

To confirm crits:
[roll7] for [roll8]
[roll9] for [roll10]
[roll11] for [roll12]

Postmodernist
2017-07-31, 04:55 PM
"Traveler guide us," Arnl'Ral mutters, imbuing himself and his allies with sacred aid. He then moves on the northwesternmost hobgoblin, drawing his morningstar and readying his shield as he advances.

Cast bless, providing the party with +1 morale bonus on all attacks and saves vs. fear effects, then move as indicated to the position illustrated on map. Draw weapon as part of movement.

MeklorIlavator
2017-07-31, 06:32 PM
Obyrin's claw tears out the throat of one of the waiting archers, who crumples. One of his companions moves to engage the totemist, while the rest pelt the party in the open with arrows. Paulus attempts to take advantage of this, but his swing catches on the brances of the tree, robing it of strength.

You hear a loud whistle, and through the trees you can see a doglike creature and another hobgoblin appear. Worse, at the end of the lane, another doglike creature darts across the road. You are able to get a better look at this one, seeing it's reptilian features and glowing red eyes.

Those keen eared among you can hear the chanting of a spell caster, and those trained might be able to identify the spell.

Despite the pain of the one arrow that found it's mark, Vera unleashes blazing bolts of psionic energy, clearing the top rank of the surviving hobgoblins quickly and efficiently. Now the only threats are from the southern edge of the road.

Ranged attacks:
Vera:[roll0], [roll1]
Vera:[roll2], [roll3]
Arnl:[roll4], [roll5]
Arnl:[roll6], [roll7]

Obyrin: [roll8], [roll9]

The spell in question is Bless. Roll spellcraft to identify it properly if you want. It's coming from near the farmhouse.

Miss chances(on a 1, from concealment):
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

ScrambledBrains
2017-07-31, 07:58 PM
"Hobgoblins? Here?" Quinn inquired in confusion before looking in the area Paulus had pointed toward. Sure enough, the glint of steel emerged from the foliage, as did the sneer of ugly hobgoblins.

With a quickly muttered command and the unfurling of his spiked chain, Quinn teleported up the embankment before engaging the nearest hobgoblin. "Taste the anger of my Goddess!" He bellowed, before bringing the chain down onto the creature with all his might!

I know the Hobgoblins move first, so put these actions after theirs. :smallsmile:

Swift-Action: Anklet of Translocation ten feet diagonally South-West.
Move-Action: Step 5-ft South from new location.
Standard Action: Mountain Hammer strike
Attack Roll:
Damage:[ROLL]2d4+2d6+4

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-01, 12:11 AM
Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1dOsseyWP2qOdK-7ypl-PtdaASwkIQ9Af0J1VUQD5uDo/edit)

Quinn's blow leaves the Hobgoblin unsteady, but standing nonetheless.

Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-01, 09:19 PM
"Come on, face me!" Quinn goaded the hobgoblin he'd hit, glaring at him through the underbrush. His companions could handle the other side, meaning these creatures were his to defeat, "Or do you not have the steel?!"

With a careful hurl of his chain, Quinn aimed to trip his enemy before finishing him off with a pair of strikes to the chest!

Swift-Action: Activate Thicket of Blades Stance
Standard-Action: Attempt to Trip the injured Hobgoblin: [roll0]
If Trip Succeeds, attack the fallen Hobgoblin:
Attack 1:[roll1]
Damage 1:[roll2]
Attack 2:[roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4]

If the first attack kills the injured Hobgoblin, Quinn will try to hit the other one with his second.

Postmodernist
2017-08-01, 09:47 PM
Arnl'Ral, grunting through the pain of his injuries, advances up the escarpment, and swings his morningstar in ferocious overhead arc at the hobgoblin archer. "Get the spellcaster!" he bellows, hoping to direct his comrades toward the true danger.

Move as indicated on map.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

J-H
2017-08-02, 10:53 PM
Paulus

Muttering under his breath at the lack of coordination, the halfling runs towards the remaining enemies, counting on his small size to keep them from targeting him.

Double move gives me 80' move speed. 40' south, 40' west puts me 15' south and 5' west of Orange. I'm assuming I can hop down the 5' escarpment on my southbound leg without any issues.

BelGareth
2017-08-03, 10:23 AM
Obyrin watches with mock amazement and revelry as his target drops to hi sizzling attack, another steps up but Vera manages to blast them, dropping it as well. crouching down and looking around he leaps off the escarpment and back to the road, there were others to be slain.

He reaches out and blasts one with a ray of cold energy, trying to drop yet another hobgoblin.

Move to closest Hob and attack (map is updated)
Swift:
- assign 2 essentia into Duskling speed from Kruthik Claws
- assign 2 essentia into Frost Helm from Kruthik Claws

Ranged touch vs closest red dot.
[roll0]
[roll1]

soulmelds -
Kruthik Claws: 0/4
Frost Helm: 2/2
Duskling speed: 2/2

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-03, 06:28 PM
Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1dOsseyWP2qOdK-7ypl-PtdaASwkIQ9Af0J1VUQD5uDo/edit)

As Paulus re-positions, Obyrin's ray hits a hobgoblin square in the chest, but it isn't enough to drop the humanoid.

Paulus can hear something in the distance, but before he can focus the leader of the hobgoblins makes an odd whistle, and points to him with one of his blades. The nearest hound leaps to obey, charging the halfling. But it stops before it can close, breathing a short cone of fire instead.

Then, with a shout, the hobgoblin leaps into the air, coming down next to Quinn. "As you wish. The Red Hand will Claim your head, human!". He strikes with his blades, and as he does so the rest of the creatures engage you, blades flashing and carrying plain steel shields bearing a red, clawlike hand. The other hound breathing fire just like the one engaging Paulus, and soon you find yourself surrounded.

The rest of the party can still hear chanting coming from the ruined farmhouse, though what is being said isn't easy to make out.

Paulus's position is slightly different due to difficult terrain. Make a DC 15 Listen check.

The Hobogoblin using two swords leaps into the air, landing next to Quinn. This provokes an AOO. Attack: [roll0] [roll1], if hit other allies gain +4 to hit target
A hound moves in (1 AOO), breath [roll2] fire damage, reflex save halves. Rechanges[roll3]
The Other Hobgoblins move(2 AOO, one hobgoblin is injured):
Attacks: [roll4] [roll5]
Provoked AOO : Attacks: [roll6] [roll7]
Hobgoblin Provoked AOO: Attacks: [roll8] [roll9]

One hound closes with Paulus, and breathes fire:[roll10] fire damage, reflex save halves. Rechanges[roll11]

Spell craft will identify the chanting.

PeacefulOak
2017-08-03, 06:46 PM
Vera

The young priestess whoops with delight as she fells her foes, and she turns her eyes to the remainder. Her eyes narrow at the sight of the strange creatures and their fiery breath, and she gathers herself, focusing on the journey and on the strength of her faith to speed her feet. Dashing along the road, she gains a better vantage on her enemies and unleashes her volley of mental fury.

Knowledge Devotion re Lizard dog things [roll0] Probably Arcana...
[roll1] Spellcraft
Activating Travel Devotion to Move as a Swift Action for 1 minute.

Working my way down the line, starting with the upper left-most Hobgoblin, at +2 to hit and damage for Knowledge Devotion and +2 to Damage for favored enemy (forgot last time).
If I kill the first two and have a shot left, I will hit the healthy hobgoblin on the right over the injured one.

[roll2] for [roll3] Damage
[roll4] for [roll5] Damage
[roll6] for [roll7] Damage

To confirm crits:
[roll8] for [roll9] Damage
[roll10] for [roll11] Damage
[roll12] for [roll13] Damage

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-04, 09:48 PM

Quinn manages to drop two of his assailants, the first quite literally as he sweep the hobgoblins legs out from under him. He even manages to entangle the arm of the third archer, leaving it bruised and punctured before it is freed, as well as land a solid hit on the hound. Arnl'Ral attempts to help the embattled crusader, but his wounds leave his blow weak, and the Hobgoblin parries it. Vera is similarly frustrated, only managing to keep the combatants heads down a bit as her arrows clip branches off the trees.

Meanwhile, Paulus can hear sounds coming from the south. More creatures on the way to the battlefield, and the words you make out seem to be in goblin.
Round 3 start.

Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

J-H
2017-08-05, 02:03 PM
Paulus

The halfling stabs the hellhound with both short swords.

Not sure if I'm next to it or not. Map was unclear. If I must, 5' step before attacking. If not, move after attacking per below.
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3]

If I kill it, move action to near the building doorway (40' move: 4 diagonal down & left, 2 left). If I don't kill it, 5' step to circle it (while staying in melee range) going south or west..

crits
Attack [roll4] Damage [roll5]
Attack [roll6] Damage [roll7]

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-05, 04:03 PM

Paulus's blades sink deep into the hounds skin, and the beast howls in pain.

Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

BelGareth
2017-08-05, 05:53 PM
Obyrin sees Paulus fighting a fire breathing dog and skitters down thew road to help him, barley touching the dirt, and nimbly maneuvering rocks and stones, he takes a split second to refocus his incarnum, channeling the great kruthic beasts as he swipes at the dog.

Move next to paulus
Swift:
- assign 4 essentia into Kruthik Claws from speed and frost helm

attack dog
[roll0]
[roll1] & [roll2]

soulmelds -
Kruthik Claws: 4/4
Duskling speed: 0/2

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-05, 11:51 PM

Obyrin closes with Paulus, letting loose another ray of frost, but he isn't so lucky this time. The ray almost hist Paulus, wizzing by his head.

Then another reptilian hound appears next to Arnl'Ral, accompanied by a wiff of sulfur and the echo of a roar. It lunges at the cleric, jaw snapping as flames seem to drop like drool. But the Cleric is not alone in being attacked. Quinn and Paulus are both engaged by foes, and come under a withering assault.

Paulus, Obyrin. Make listen checks.

Hound Attacks on Arnl'Ral:
Bite:[roll0], [roll1] +[roll2] fire
Claws: [roll3], [roll4]
Claws: [roll5], [roll6]

Hound Attack on Paulus:[roll7], [roll8] +[roll9] fire
Claws: [roll10], [roll11]
Claws: [roll12], [roll13]

Hound Attack on Quinn:[roll14], [roll15] +[roll16] fire
Claws: [roll17], [roll18]
Claws: [roll19], [roll20]

Hobgoblin regular, Quinn: [roll21], [roll22]

Hobgoblin Elite, Quinn: [roll23], [roll24]
[roll25], [roll26]

BelGareth
2017-08-06, 12:08 AM
[roll0]
Text for the text God

PeacefulOak
2017-08-06, 12:59 AM
Vera

Growling a curse, Vera unleashes another flurry of bolts at her hated foes!

Full attack against hobgoblin enemies, from closest to farthest, switching only if they die.
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

To confirm crits:
[roll6] for [roll7]
[roll8] for [roll9]
[roll10] for [roll11]

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-06, 10:38 PM

Vera's first shot drops a hobgoblin in mid swing. Switching targets, her next shot is swatted out of the air by one of the Hobgoblin's blades, but the next opens a gash running the entire length of his arm.

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-07, 09:27 AM
"Tell the Red Hand they'll need more than you to claim my head!" Quinn replies to the Hobgoblin harshly, spinning his chain over his head before swinging it to crush the Hobgoblin's ribs!

Standard Action-Use Revitalizing Strike on the closest Hobgoblin
Attack Roll:[roll0]
If it hits, heal for:[roll2]

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-07, 11:35 AM

The hobgoblin dodges out of the way, face breaking into a grin. "Then we'll try harder. If not me then others."

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-08, 07:09 PM

Arnl tries to kill the hound facing him, but he's unable to get past the hound's own attacks.

Quinn can hear movement, over by the farmhouse, though it's hard to localize.

Restart Initiative.
Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

J-H
2017-08-08, 08:59 PM
Paulus

The halfling vanishes from sight as his blade lashes out towards the hellhound.

Swift: Cloak of Invisibility, invisible until the end of my turn.
TWFing.

Attack 1:
Attack [roll0] including +2 for invisibility
Damage [roll1] plus [roll2] sneak+sudden strike.

If attack 1 kills the hellhound, move towards the door to the house (40' move). If it fails to kill him, second attack and 5' step southwest.

Attack 2:
Attack [roll3] including +2 for invisibility
Damage [roll4] plus [roll5] sneak+sudden strike.

Crits
Attack [roll6] including +2 for invisibility
Damage [roll7] plus [roll8] sneak+sudden strike.
Attack [roll9] including +2 for invisibility
Damage [roll10] plus [roll11] sneak+sudden strike.

After his attacks/movement are done, Paulus becomes visible again.

BelGareth
2017-08-09, 10:25 AM
Obyrin sees Paulus fighting the fiery dog, but then disappears, making sure the thing is dispatched, and trying to get closer to the chanting that was summoning something he skittered closer to paulus and tried to help.

Swift:
- assign 2 essentia into duskling speed from Kruthik Claws
Move next to hound fighting paulus

attack dog
[roll0]
[roll1] & [roll2]

soulmelds -
Kruthik Claws: 2/4

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-09, 02:19 PM

Paulus and Obyrin attempt to kill their foe, Obyrin's claws glancing off the beast's scaly skin, as does one of Paulus's blades. But his second digs deep into the skin, and the hound collapses, legs twitching feebly as it's life ebbs.

The numbers of the enemies have dwindled, but still they try and take down the party. You can see the fanaticism in the eyes of the sole hobgoblin left standing. "If I fall, ten more will take my place. The Vale will be ours!"

Obyrin and Paulus can still make listen checks to localize the sounds.

Hound Attacks on Arnl'Ral:
Bite: [roll0], [roll1] +[roll2] fire
Claws: [roll3], [roll4]
Claws: [roll5], [roll6]

Nevermind, I missread an AC.
Hound Attack on Obyrin :Bite: [roll7], [roll8] +[roll9] fire
Claws: [roll10], [roll11]
Claws: [roll12], [roll13]

Hound Attack on Quinn:Bite: [roll14], [roll15] +[roll16] fire
Claws: [roll17], [roll18]
Claws: [roll19], [roll20]

Hobgoblin Elite, Quinn: [roll21], [roll22]
[roll23], [roll24]

Restart Initiative.
Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

PeacefulOak
2017-08-09, 02:32 PM
Vera

"Then fall, dog!" The priestess unleashes another arrow before dashing down the road, her divinely inspired speed taking her to the path that leads to the ruined building.

Standard action shot:
[roll0] for [roll1] against the Hobgoblin.
[roll2] for [roll3] to confirm.

Swift action to move via Travel Devotion (8 rounds remaining), then move action to move again.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-09, 09:50 PM
Vera's shot strikes true, but the hobgoblin weathers the blow.

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-09, 11:39 PM
"Not if I have anything to say about it, bastard!"

With that uttered threat, Quinn quickly raised his chain overhead before launching an attack for his legs, hoping to kill him once and for all!

Melee Touch Attack on the Hobgoblin Elite:[roll0]
Strength Check to Trip Him:[roll1]
If Trip Succeeds Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]
Second Attack:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

If the first attack kills the Hobgoblin, use the second on the hound.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-10, 12:45 AM

Quin easily overpowers the hobgoblin, leaving him flat on his back, and open for bludgeoning with his chain. In the end, it's too much, and the hobgoblin falls unconscious.

Obyrin and Paulus can still make listen checks to localize the sounds.

Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

Postmodernist
2017-08-11, 08:41 AM
Wary of the snarling beast before him, Arnl'Ral interposes his shield between himself and the danger, easing his way back from the beast. He then calls upon his patron deity to abjure the summoned monster, seeking to banish it to the abyssal pit it was called from.

5' step away from the hellhound, over one of the bodies. Cast dispel magic at the creature. +4 for Inquisition domain.
[roll0] vs 11+Caster level.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-12, 03:12 AM
The hound lunges at Arnl'Ral, but the cleric's magic is too strong. The red lighting courses over the hound's skin, and with a wail it seems to evaporate into a foul smelling mist.

The next round of initiative starts now.

Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

J-H
2017-08-12, 09:29 AM
Paulus

"Thanks for the help." Moving low, the ninja dashes towards the nearby building, entering and attacking any hobgoblins he might find.

40' move puts him 5' inside the door in the northeastern corner of the south room. If an enemy is there, Wolf Fang Strike. If not, continue moving to get next to any enemies in the northern room, especially spellcasters. If there are multiple enemies, I will tumble past up to two to get to the spellcaster. Tumble [roll0] and [roll1]

If someone's there to attack, Wolf Fang Strike
Attack 1 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack 1 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-12, 08:59 PM
Tumbling into the building, trying to avoid any waiting soldiers, but there are no blows to evade, no waiting swords. Just two rooms, largely empty save for a small campsite and a few bodies arranged along the far wall.

Initiative:
Paulus
Obyrin
Hobgoblins, Dog-things
Vera & Quinn
Arnl

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-13, 07:22 PM
Panting, Quinn turns to his last foe, "If you want to run, you should have already done so," He said simply, feeling his Goddess empower him anew as he began once more to twirl his chain. Calling upon said holy energy, he hurls the chain, aiming to kill this last monster and regroup with his fellows.

Standard Action-Use Revitalizing Strike on the last enemy.
Attack Roll:[roll0]
If it hits, heal for:[roll2]

Swift Action-Teleport down 10 ft with Anklet of Translocation

Move Action-20 ft down.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-14, 12:13 AM
Obyrin lets loose a ray of cold that almost completely freezes the hound, before Quinn's blow shatters it's hide. The hound falls dead, and with that the battle ends. Only the sounds of the forest remain.

Battle ends.

I'll give more information depending on what you focus on. You have a couple hobgoblins(2) that were only knocked unconscious and stabilized rather than dying outright.

Each of the 6 regulars you killed carried a potion of cure light wounds, chainmail, heavy steel shield, master work longsword, and a +1 composite longbow. The elite carried 2 shortswords(faint magical aura), mw studded leather.

If you investigate the bodies, you'll see what looks to be a dead farmer/laborer, merchant, and 3 guards.
The guards are wearing studded leather, light crossbows, and longswords. There is a sack with the equivalent of 355 gp, probably from the merchant and guards.

The wagon seems to have been ransacked, and the goods either destroyed or distributed: there's a crate that used to hold a number of potions, but it is empty now. Anything purely deccorative has been destroyed.

BelGareth
2017-08-14, 11:00 AM
Searching the bodies after readjusting the flow of energy to the appropriate melds, he frowns slightly at the guards and innocent civilians. "This is bad, we might be too late, but I think we should keep this sack of gold from the merchant for the city, if these things are this close, they will need it."

He looks at the swords and composite bows not caring for either "These hobgoblins were well equipped, very strange indeed." he does pick up a potion however, "6 potions, 1 a piece?"

Swift:
- assign 2 essentia into Kruthik Claws from Frost helm

soulmelds -
Kruthik Claws: 2/4

PeacefulOak
2017-08-14, 02:14 PM
Vera

With a grunt, the young priestess pulls the arrow from her chest and tosses it to the side. "Did we get them all? Those hounds came from somewhere."

She murmurs a brief prayer, pressing her hand to the wound in her chest with a brief glow of white energy before moving with her divine speed up towards the abandoned house. Once close, she begins scanning the ground for signs of tracks or any indication of what might have been nearby.

Burning my Magic Domain spell slot to cast Cure Light Wounds on myself [roll0], then moving quickly due to Travel Domain (won't last beyond this action, only has a 1-minute duration). Then I start searching for tracks, particularly hobgoblin ones (favored enemy and whatnot).

[roll1], including the +2 from Favored Enemy.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-14, 03:48 PM
Vera's search is successful, finding recent tracks heading South into the forest. It looks like only one creature, who left the farmhouse and headed that direction during the battle.

Pursuit is possible. But how do you manage the prisoners(taking them with you will slow you, but otherwise they will need watched).

J-H
2017-08-14, 04:04 PM
Paulus

After checking the house briefly, Paulus runs outside and follows the tracks south.

Double moving (80'/rd), taking a -20 on hide/MS
Hide [roll0]
MS [roll1]

PeacefulOak
2017-08-14, 04:39 PM
Vera

Spotting the tracks, Vera refreshes her divinely gifted speed and shouts: "One left to the south! Kill the Hobgoblins, and someone watch my horses!" With that, she dashes down the path with her eyes scanning both the tracks and the surrounding trees for any sign of her quarry.

Assuming the duration is up/almost up, I will expend a Turn Undead to refresh my Travel Devotion and set off along the trail.

[roll0] Spot (looking for Hobgoblins, -2 if not a hobgoblin)
[roll1] Survival to follow the tracks (-2 if not a hobgoblin)

BelGareth
2017-08-14, 04:53 PM
Obyrin moves up to the unconcious hobgoblins and goes about the grisly work of performing dead checks, tearing their throats out with a swift claw.

He'll follow his team mates as quickly as he can afterwards.

PeacefulOak
2017-08-14, 07:03 PM
Vera

Losing the trail, Vera doubles back while cursing herself for a fool. "Idiot woman, you know better." She searches for the trail, hoping that it has not been muddled.

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-14, 08:23 PM
"Agreed," Quinn replies to Obyrin's proposal, before watching him slit the throats of the two unconscious Hobgoblins. "If you don't mind...I'm going to say a small prayer for them. My enemies though they may be, I'd rather their souls go onto whatever afterlife they deserved...even if I cannot guarantee such."

Saying such, Quinn bows his head in thought for a moment, his hands at his sides, "May the Stern Lady shepard these souls onto the afterlife they earned for their actions in this life...may no foul necromancer revive their form into a disgusting mockery of life...amen."

His prayer uttered, he stood straight before running to the cabin, finding the corpses and sighing, "Too late. My Lady, please shepard these souls too, for they didn't deserve this end...amen." He murmured before reaching down and grabbing the crossbow one of the guards had left behind, rejoining his fellows afterward. "Where did they come from...and more importantly, where did the last one go?"

BelGareth
2017-08-14, 08:39 PM
"If we've lost the last one, I think we should hurry into town, chances are, they've encountered some of this already"

PeacefulOak
2017-08-15, 10:56 AM
Vera

Giving up for the moment, Vera goes and collects her horses and wagon and brings them to the trail that leads to the cottage.

"You make a fair point, Obyrin. That said, if I can find and follow the trail, it may lead us to their base where we can end a more serious threat. If I'm careful and take the time needed,
I'm sure I can track it."

BelGareth
2017-08-15, 10:58 AM
Obyrin shrugs, he was in no mood to stroke Vera's ego. He busied himself with gathering what useful equipment from the dead he could, finding a horse or something to load it on, he wasn't going to lug it about, that was for sure.

Basically gather all the loot

Postmodernist
2017-08-15, 02:10 PM
Arnl grumbled as he watched Obryin execute the unconscious hobgoblins. They could have been interrogated, or at least explained their actions. They were, however, clearly raiders, but more information could have been beneficial. He touched his wand of lesser vigor to his chest, and felt the wounds from the crossbow bolts begin to knit themselves.

"Don't like that the spellcaster got away," he said, spitting into the dust."Be wary as we walk the road. Anything else of interest in the farmhouse?"

Spend a little time searching the farm house. If there's nothing beyond what we've seen, move on. Again, I'm on vacation until Sunday afternoon, so I'll be a little limited in my posting until I come back.

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-15, 10:34 PM
"Even if we do track down their last member, I'm not quite sure how many of us are in any real position to fight," Quinn points out, panting as he does so. "These bastards got a few good hits on me and some of the rest of us. Therefore, it would be be more beneficial to rest for the night. Unless anyone here can heal, that is?"

"Also, on a slightly less important note, did anyone find any crossbow ammo around here? I pilfered this crossbow from one of the corpses, but without ammunition, it's just a rather awkward paperweight," He says without any humor in his tone.

Postmodernist
2017-08-16, 10:49 AM
Arnl'Ral extends the wand toward Quinn, imbuing him with divine energy. He gestures at the rest of the party to ascertain who among them requires healing.

Heal up anyone who needs it. Expending wand charges appropriately.

PeacefulOak
2017-08-16, 11:07 AM
Vera

"You can spare some of that wand, I can call on Boccob for some healing if it is needed." She sighs, looking to the south. "Cursed hobgoblin scum. It had better hope we never cross paths again. Let's be off, the day waits on no man."

BelGareth
2017-08-16, 03:03 PM
Obyrin nods grimly, and takes point, taking a quick moment to center his energies, he moves off, seemingly hiding from view as he merges with the bushes.

Shift 4 essentia into claws

[roll0]

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-16, 08:03 PM
Gathering what you can, you make good time on the road, and encounter no trace of the hobgoblins. It only takes a few more hours to reach the outskirts of the town, moving through some rough fields and pastures. Cresting a final hill, you see the road descent into a small town build mostly on the near side of a broad, sluggish river. Six old stone piers jut from the water, marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead, a couple of long thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat bottomed ferryboat. Fields of cereal grains and a few orchards surround the town, though more land seems tamed on the far side.

As you descend you see a group of armed men and women, three in leather, one in mail, standing guard near a small shrine. They watch you approach, and the one in mail waves you to a stop as you near.

"Halt and state your business, strangers."

The river is the Elsir.

PeacefulOak
2017-08-18, 02:39 PM
Vera

The priestess reigns her horse to a stop, gazing down at the guards with an air of indifference.

"We are about our own business, and mean to pass through this town on our way to investigate the Witchwood and Vaarth Keep. We also cleared your road of some hobgoblin rodents a few miles back."

Her level gaze suggests that they should get out of the way and be about their business.

J-H
2017-08-18, 04:41 PM
Paulus

"There's at least one hobgoblin still at large, and some dead people in a house near the road. Has anyone gone missing recently? Any other reports of attacks?"

BelGareth
2017-08-18, 04:48 PM
Obyrin

Obyrin moves through what little undergrowth was available, but at a certain point, there wasn't enough, and so he shifted his energies back and walked along with the rest of them, nodding politely to the guards.

"Give them the money Vera, they could probably use it more than us, and it wasn't ours to begin with."

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-18, 10:15 PM
Quinn nodded as Obyrin spoke, "Yes, please. We did not earn such a reward legitimately and taking what does not belong to us would make us no better than the Hobgoblins we just slayed."

Turning to the guard, Quinn bowed his head, "Greetings, noble guard of this quaint village. I am Quinn Jacob, Crusader of Wee Jas. My companions and I, as you've heard, are seeking passage through this village to other areas nearby. We are in something of a hurry and would greatly appreciate free passage to the Witchwood."

[roll0]

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-20, 01:40 AM
The lead guard shakes his head at Vera's blunt statement, but before he can respond the other party members break in, with information more interesting to the guard.

"Damn. I'll have to ask around, but we've know there were hobgoblins were sulking around for awhile. You must be lucky, or strong, to have survived them. If you want to give the money to the town Speaker Wiston is your best bet, though you'll have to talk to Drathgar about the ferry ride. I'll send a runner to get the Speaker if you wish, He'll find you at the ferry."

He motions to one of his men, though they wait for your affirmative before leaving.

The town isn't large enough or built closely enough to get lost: the road you're on will lead you to the ferry easily. If you like you can chose to explore the town a bit, or go directly to the ferry as well as the meeting with the Speaker if you're serious about giving the money.

Postmodernist
2017-08-20, 06:24 PM
"Are there any good places to eat and rest in town? We're weary from our travels. Also, any merchants we might reequip with, or shrines to pay homage to?"

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-21, 10:18 PM
The man gives you a strange look "The old Bridge Inn is just ahead, on your left.
If you prefer, you can try the Green Apple, on the other side of the square. I prefer the Old Bridge myself.

As for resupplying, the shrine to Pelor is just up ahead and one to the Old Ways across the river. The Smithy is just past the Shrine, and Morlin might be able to help you. The general merchants are closer to the square, or across the river."

PeacefulOak
2017-08-23, 11:08 AM
Vera

Giving Obyrin a strange look, Vera turns back to the guards. "Thanks. We'll be off, then?" Over her shoulder to Obyrin: "I lay no claim to the spoils, I just let you load them on my cart. If you want to give them to the town, then by all means. I kill goblins for free." She clucks her horse to walk forward, a long lead trailing to the mule and cart following behind.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-23, 11:42 PM
The runner heads off as you enter the town proper, passing Pelor's shrine as well as a smithy, where you can see a dwarf shaping metal into a breastplate. The Town isn't too large, and being split by the Elsir makes it feel even smaller. You come onto a central square, interrupting a game of tag as the children stop, then point and gawk at you. A few of the more adventurous ones even follow you as you approach the ferry.

Soon the runner reappears, along with a tall, balding man of about fifty and a capable looking swordswoman.

"Hello, my name is Norro Wiston, and I'm the town speaker. I understand you encountered Hobgoblins on the road here?"

I'm assuming that most of you want to go to the Ferry. If you want to go elsewhere or explore the town a bit, post either where you're going or what you want to look for.

Postmodernist
2017-08-24, 12:00 AM
"That we did. A half dozen or so of them, well-armed, and accompanied by demon hounds. There was a spellcaster among them, though he seems to have gotten away. They looked to have slain a farmer and a merchant caravan. You should be on guard."

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-24, 08:46 PM
As the group reached the town center, Quinn glared at Pelor's shrine, though he refrained from making any comment. "Hmm, a smithy...maybe I could purchase some crossbow bolts," He mused quietly to himself as they passed the dwarf hard at work.

"They weren't exceptionally well-trained, but they implied they were but a fraction of their force. And with at least one spellcaster in their midst and possibly more, your town could be a prime target for them," Quinn adds to Arnl's point. "As a member of the Crusaders of Wee Jas, I'd be happy to send a message to my fellows and with any luck, you could have some of them here to guard your town within a week," He offered with a polite smile.

[roll0]

"Further...do you or any of your townspeople know much about Vaarth Keep? We're on our way there and any information you can give us would be appreciated very much."

PeacefulOak
2017-08-25, 10:24 AM
Vera

Dismounting, Vera goes to the back of her cart and retrieves the bag of coins, tossing it to the Speaker.

"We retrieved this from the hobgoblins, probably taken from caravans or merchants on their way into or out of town. Do with it as you will." Glancing over at Obyrin, she murmurs "Satisfied?" before gathering her horse and mule's leads and looking towards the ferry.

J-H
2017-08-25, 02:55 PM
Paulus

Paulus follows the others, his attire and broad shoulders keeping any of the human children from mistaking him as one of them. If only adults were always so perceptive...

"If there are others, you should keep watch. A night attack could do a lot of damage before anyone was awake and ready to fight back."

BelGareth
2017-08-25, 03:03 PM
Obyrin shrugs his shoulders a the no-so-subtle glares and remarks, but merely nods his head when the money has been handed over, he had no qualms with being singled out by Vera, but his morality was clear cut, even if sometimes jarring for the others. He had no need for healing, or needing new equipment, he would move out to the river on the other side, and look for a way across.

Nodding to Vera, an almost strange show of respect, he moved of silently, camouflaged all to well for the mid day.

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-25, 08:19 PM
The speaker take the bag of gold, looking into it for a moment, before handing it off to the runner.
"Thank you. I'll make sure this is put to good use. And thank you for killing at least one raiding party; the hobgoblins have been troubling us for weeks. They started harrying merchants going west, and just recently started hitting farms and travelers on the eastern roads. Beyond the threat to our lives, the road is our lifeblood. If the Hobgoblines make the Dawn way impassible to the west, trade won't come this way, and we'll be ruined."

The swordswoman speaks up. "And it looks like our interests might be aligned. You want to check out Vraath Keep? That's the only structure left in the Witchwood. The Hobgoblins are certain to have occupied it, and it might even be the base for whatever tribe came down from the mountains. Normally we can handle the hobgoblins, but these seem more numerous than the normal tribe,
and with strong support. It's all we can do to guard the town and large caravans."

"So, will you help us?"

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-26, 09:35 PM
"Of course, of course! Such an alliance would prove most fortuitous for both parties," Quinn replied enthusiastically, before clearing his throat and calming slightly, "We'll need a bit of time to restock our supplies, but we should be able to set out within a day at absolute most. Thank you, Norro Wiston for your help."

After this reply, Quinn heads to the smithy, "Pardon me, good smith...how much would it cost for you to make me a set of crossbow bolts?"

MeklorIlavator
2017-08-26, 11:42 PM
At they Ferry
"Thank you. You'll be helping a lot of people."

Before they leave leaves, the Soranna gives some last advice. "If You
re wandering around in the Witchwood, I would advice you seek out Jorr. His cabin is out of the way, but it might be worth the walk. No one knows the woods better. If you take the Witch Trail, go left at the first big trail crossing: Jorr's cabin is about seven miles in. Or, if you're on the Dawn Way, take a right on a trail about nine miles from the forest edge. Jorr's Cabin is near the Blackwater."

It's about 5 in the afternoon. You technically have a few hours of daylight remaining.

The Smithy
The dwarf you saw before is still working when you arrive, working on a red hot breastplate. His apron has the sign of Mordain on it, indicating either a very devout smith or that their is something more to this Dwarf. He acknowledges your entrance, but continues to work on his current piece, until he finally quenches it and sets it aside.

"I can give you 10 bolts for one crown weight. With all the trouble around I even have a bit of a stockpile, so I sell you them now. What are you planning on using them on?"

A crown is the typical gold coin (ie 1 gp) used in the vale, but due to the amount of trade and different city states most merchants measure things by equivalent weights.

ScrambledBrains
2017-08-28, 11:29 PM
"Primarily some Hobgoblins," Quinn replies with a dry chuckle as he opens up his coin pouch and retrieves 5 gold pieces, "Though, if this particular journey ends soon enough, some of them might end up in a zombie or some other form of undead. I'll take fifty bolts, please," He finishes, handing over the pieces.

Postmodernist
2017-08-29, 04:41 PM
"If we move quickly, we can likely still catch Jorr before dinner. I'm happy to continue along the path Fharlanghn has set before me, but I wouldn't fault you lot if you wanted to rest."

J-H
2017-08-29, 10:25 PM
Paulus

The halfling gestures at the road ahead. "I think I'd rather find his cabin than stay here. This city is an exposed target, and it's always better to not be where your enemy expects you to be."

He looks to see if there's any sign of the guard being increased.

BelGareth
2017-08-30, 10:10 AM
Obyrin chimes in, having been listening the whole time, he merely nodded at what had been said, not needing to speak his piece. You knew him well enough, that he would say otherwise.

Postmodernist
2017-09-04, 10:27 AM
"Shall we take the Witch Trail or the Dawn Way?" Arnl'Ral asked. "My preference is for whichever is faster. I imagine this Jorr will be easier to speak with if we don't come crashing through the forest in the middle of the night."

PeacefulOak
2017-09-06, 03:45 PM
Vera

The young priestess flips her hair, walking to her horse and swinging into the saddle. "The high road or the low road, it matters not so long as there are goblins to slay. I will find us the path,
whichever we choose. Heh, "witch"ever. Witch trail, then?"

ScrambledBrains
2017-09-14, 07:12 PM
"Whichever route, we should decide soon. Loathe as I am to rely on that disgustingly selfish ball of light glittering in the sky like a filthy blood-diamond, we lose much of our ability to find our destination without it. Therefore, we should set out at first daybreak tomorrow..." Quinn added as he walked up, his new bolts secure in his haversack, "Of course, I'd rather we were all well prepared before setting out, even if it costs us some time. 'Through preparation makes its own luck', as my old mentor used to say."

Postmodernist
2017-09-17, 07:06 PM
Anl'Ral nodded. "Very well. Tomorrow it is." He looked at Quinn for a moment, puzzlement spreading across his face. "I've never heard anyone complain about the sun as much as you.
Shall we discuss your hatred of the source of life over an ale?"

ScrambledBrains
2017-09-20, 08:28 PM
Quinn nodded at Anl'Ral, "I'd gladly discuss my hatred of Pelor and his foul symbol without the aid of alcohol...though, I won't turn down that ale either way," He agreed.