PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ways to Boost Autohypnosis

the_archduke
2017-07-31, 03:26 PM
I want to maximize Wrath of Time (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/riven-hourglass-maneuvers/) which gives you 2x your autohypnosis check as untyped damage in a 60' cone (fort save for 1/2)

So (1d20+autohypnosis modifier)x2

I have

20 ranks
+12 wisdom
+6 skill focus
+2 insight (Servant of the Sacred Hymn martial tradition)
+3 class skill
+2 path skill (psychic warrior untyped)
+1 luck (stone of good luck)
+10 competence (ring of self sufficiency)

For a total of +56 or 114-156 damage with Wrath of Time.

How can I make this stronger? My wisdom already has enhancement, level and inherent bonii. My levels are already set (6 psywar 4 warsoul soulknife 10 awakened blade). Feats are mostly set.

Edit-
+4 autonomous feat
+3 Focused Psicrystal personality (+6 with Greater psicrystal staff)
Discipline Mastery allows me to Take 10

Ellrin
2017-07-31, 03:52 PM
Assuming you can get a custom magic item, a skill item offering a +x competence bonus costs x^2 * 100 gp--40k for a +20, 90k for a +30, and so on.

A CL 15 scroll or wand of tears to wine costs 375 gp or 11,250 gp, respectively, and will give you a +10 enhancement bonus to all Int- and Wis-based skills for 150 minutes. A custom magic item that makes it permanent shouldn't be too ridiculous, either, since it's a level one spell at 15th caster level.

the_archduke
2017-07-31, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately, no custom magic items.

Ellrin
2017-07-31, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately, no custom magic items.

Well a wand of tears to wine, at least, is still a +10 on demand.

Elkad
2017-07-31, 04:44 PM
Well a wand of tears to wine, at least, is still a +10 on demand.
He already has an enhancement bonus. Assuming +6 existing, he only picks up +4.

the_archduke
2017-07-31, 04:53 PM
I have a +6 enhancement to my wisdom score (giving +3 to wisdom checks) but I have no enhancement bonus to my wisdom checks. I think high level tears to wine would be +10 (or +7 more on the uncharitable reading)

the_archduke
2017-07-31, 04:57 PM
That would be 11250 gp for a CL15 wand of tears to wine... except I can't use wands. Still, a party member could help. Though at that point, I hope they have the spell on their list and buy them some pearls of power.

Ellrin
2017-07-31, 05:38 PM
He already has an enhancement bonus. Assuming +6 existing, he only picks up +4.

The same bonus to different things (in this case, an enhancement bonus to a skill and an enhancement bonus to an ability) don't overlap, since they aren't being applied to the same thing.

You get the +6 enhancement to Wisdom granting you a +3 to the skill, and the +10 enhancement bonus to the skill directly. These stack.

That would be 11250 gp for a CL15 wand of tears to wine... except I can't use wands. Still, a party member could help. Though at that point, I hope they have the spell on their list and buy them some pearls of power.

If it makes a difference, tears to wine affects 1 cubic foot of liquid per 2 levels--ie, 7 cubic feet at CL 15. That's about 52 gallons. Since you only need to drink from this to gain the benefits, that should be plenty for an entire party per casting, although the spell doesn't specify how much you need to drink to gain the benefits.

Given the wide-ranging benefits, that's a pretty decent party buff for anyone with UMD to be tossing around.

the_archduke
2017-07-31, 07:39 PM
what about a extra-dimensional flask covered in quintessence (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/q/quintessence/)? Cover the cork in quintessence too. Fill with 52 gallons of tears to wine. Uncork for a round, drink, re-cork. That should last a really long time per casting.

Ellrin
2017-07-31, 10:33 PM
what about a extra-dimensional flask covered in quintessence (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-powers/q/quintessence/)? Cover the cork in quintessence too. Fill with 52 gallons of tears to wine. Uncork for a round, drink, re-cork. That should last a really long time per casting.

I mean, even the period of time the liquid remains potent is unspecified—unfortunately, tears to wine isn't as well written as it could be. That being the case, theoretically the magical effect could remain potent indefinitely even without any quintessence, if your DM is feeling particularly generous.

Air0r
2017-08-01, 04:43 PM
fate's favored trait? boost that luck bonus slightly.

Tuvarkz
2017-08-01, 07:24 PM
Are tech items allowed? A skillchip nets you a +10 enhancement bonus. Then a mwk Autohypnosis Tool for another +2.