PDA

View Full Version : Keen Mind and Mystic Quirks

Ventruenox
2017-07-31, 05:00 PM
I have been theorycrafting various mystic builds lately, and while putting together one designed to antagonize a DM, I happened upon some fun synergy. Two roleplaying quirks from the mystic build combined with a PHB feat may cause endless frustration.

17 - You write down the name of each creature you slay, and name ones that are unnamed.
14 - You refuse to write things down, instead using pictograms.
You have a mind that can track time, direction, and detail with uncanny precision. You gain the
following benefits.
• Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum
of 20.
• You always know which way is north.
• You always know the number o f hours left before the
next sunrise or sunset.
• You can accurately recall anything you have seen or
heard within the past month.

You will need a little notebook for this one, and preferably minimal artistic ability. As a player, you will spend much of the adventure drawing stick figures of every enemy encountered. When the opportunity arises to recall the encounter, show your representation and have the DM fill in the details. (Name, race, etc.) Smirk while you avoid dice being thrown at your head.

Jerrykhor
2017-07-31, 11:33 PM
You would take Keen Mind, one of the worst feats, just for that? Okay.

Mortis_Elrod
2017-07-31, 11:39 PM
You would take Keen Mind, one of the worst feats, just for that? Okay.

This is beyond worth in my book, at least you still get half our ASI back, and some minor but potentially useful abilities, and you are one flavorful person. Instead of words you write in pictures and ideas, story boarding your whole life in your journal.

ZorroGames
2017-08-02, 10:08 AM
Belkar wants to talk to you about stealing an idea he was going to steal... acquire...