Arthur Andermour
Arthur Andermour
Arthur Andermour
Arthur Andermour
Arthur Andermour
Arthur Andermour

Srduffman
2017-08-05, 10:52 AM
Our story begins in the town of Sandpoint. It's a peaceful evening and the sun is setting over the quiet town. However the town hasn't always been quiet, several years ago there were several attacks on the town from the likes of goblins, giants and even a dragon. After a group of young adventures dispatched the vile creatures, the town went back to being the peaceful little town it used to be. It stayed that way for sometime, until recently when the Brinestump Goblins to the south became unusually active. They have beven growing bolder and bolder over the last few weeks. The reason for this is the little monsters have acquired a considerable amount of fireworks and have been attacking traveling merchants and other folks along the Lost Coast Road. Nothing has been done about the goblins until just a few days ago when Sheriff Belor Hemlock reinstated the goblin bounty at 10gp per goblin ear brought to the town hall and 300gp if anyone brings in a goblin chieftains head. Which is where you come in, you have caught wind of this goblin bounty and have decided to take it upon yourself to test your skills, save some innocent people from the wicked Brinestump Goblins and of course make some considerable coin in the side. We find ourselves in the Rusty Dragon inn talking about strategies with your good friend Ameiko.

So you plan on doing this alone Arthur? You know you could die right!?

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-05, 01:49 PM
Arthur sits causally at one of the tables, his hands behind his head and his feet in the table. He opens one of his eyes to look at Ameiko "Eh it's not like I want to," he nods his head to the woman sitting at the table with him "Robin here just won't let up on it. Seriously, it's a pain." he talks as if constantly sighing, perpetually in a state between half awake and half asleep.

"Well what do you expect?! I come over to this plane to go on a great adventure with a master strategist and somehow I get tied up with a child who only wants to sleep and play board games!" she yells back.

"Yeah yeah, so I guess we are going to go, thinking logically our small numbers would put us at a decent advantage for guerilla tactics. I wouldn't mind having a little backup though? What do you say Ameiko?"

Srduffman
2017-08-05, 02:25 PM
Arthur... you know I can't do that. I've got my work cut out for me here in Sandpoint. I have the inn and tavern to run, not to mention the glass works. She puts her hands on her hips and looks at Arthur crossly. You're such an intelligent young man, but you never put it to good use. With your help Sandpoint could be free of goblins for good, lord knows we've had enough of the little devils for a lifetime. At the rate things are going the Brinestump Goblins will become entirely too brave and start raiding again. You're very smart I'm sure you can think of something.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-05, 02:59 PM
Arthur sighs closing both his eyes and leans back in his chair, "Protecting the town is the guards job. You can't expect adventurers to show up every single time a goblin attacks."

Robin rises and walks over to Ameiko, "I don't know how it is you put up with him." as she passes Arthur's chair she gives a small nudge on his shoulder pushing him back. His arms flail but to no avail and he falls backwards. He crashes to the floor holding his head.

"Okay fine, let's get this over with I could go for a nap." he stands from the ground groaning as he uprights the chair. "Hey Ameiko, is there anyone in town who was recently attacked by the goblins? I suppose they could give some insight to the attack."

Srduffman
2017-08-05, 03:15 PM
I heard that Alver over at the Pillbug Pantry had a shipment of supplies that came in from Magnimar a few days ago that was raided by goblins. You could start there. Ameiko stands and walks Arthur and Robin to the door. By the way I know it's not your place to take this quest on, but I know if anyone can solve this problem, it'd be you.

You notice Ameiko wink at you.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-05, 03:22 PM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-05, 03:44 PM
Ameiko's wink wakes Arthur up a bit and he blushes slightly. Robin seemed to have noticed to and nudged his side with her elbow.

"Come on Sleepy General, let's let Ameiko get back to her work." and she pushes Arthur out the door.

"I'll see you around." Arthur calls over his shoulder as he is dragged away. The two turn down the street and head for the pillbug pantry. Ideas and strategies already pouring through Arthur's mind.

Srduffman
2017-08-05, 04:30 PM
As you cross Sandpoint you see most shops are closing for the night. Tired people heading home for the night after a long day of work pass you on the street. As you reach the Pillbug Pantry you see that there is still light coming from inside. You open the door and a small bell rings. Potions, glassware, various ingredients line the stores walls and counters. A small odd man sits with his back to you, he seems to be mixing a small bubbling pot. He then turns to greet you. Yes, Hello? Can I help you?...

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-05, 07:27 PM
"Hey there," he says as he enters the shop, "I'm looking for Alvir, I wanted to ask about a recent goblin attack on one of his shipments." He peruses the shop, mildly curious about all of the items on display.

Srduffman
2017-08-07, 11:43 AM
It's pronounced Alver, he says sternly. But yes, I am Alver. What is it you wanted to know about the attack on my cargo?

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-07, 07:44 PM
"Apologies, my name is Arthur Andermour, I have the unfortunate task of hunting goblins. I was wondering if you could tell me about the attack. Things like how many were there, from what directions, what were they attacking with, what did they take. Pretty much all the things to try to make sure I don't die."

"Or me!" Robin chimes in.

"You're the one who wants an adventure, be prepared to die for your decisions." he retorts. While the words are cruel the two have a way of speaking to each other that shows they are still joking back and forth.

diplomacy to get as much info out of him as possible [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-07, 08:27 PM
Alver adjusts his glasses, then sighs.
Well... I wasn't the one to survive the attack, so I'm not sure how many there were. I had hired an errand boy to go to Magnimar and pick up supplies for my shop. On his way back he was raided by the little buggers. He told me there were explosions and bright flashes of color. I suppose they had gotten a hold of some fireworks somehow. Anyways, it spooked the horses and he lost control of them. That's when The goblins came from the marsh. He managed to make it back alive, but he was in bad shape and the cart was lost as well as the horses.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-07, 10:09 PM
"I see, and what was the shipment you were having delivered? Is the boy available that I could talk with him?"

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 10:01 AM
Oh, just some minor ingredients for potions. Recipes for some new potions as well the potions that go with them.

1d20+11

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-08, 10:04 AM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 10:06 AM
Oh, just some minor ingredients for potions. Recipes for some new potions as well the potions that go with them.

[roll0]

[roll0] fixed

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 11:00 AM
As for the messenger he is at the Cathedral in town to heal his wounds.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-08, 11:46 AM
make it RAIN!!! [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 12:06 PM
Robin stares out the window in thought. She sees no signs of rain at the current time.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-08, 04:54 PM
"I see, well I suppose I will go talk with him, what did you say his name was?"

After getting the boys name, Arthur takes his leave thanking the shop keeper for his time. Once outside, the two head to the chapel.

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 08:30 PM
You head to the Cathedral to meet up with the wounded messenger Dolok. Once inside you are greeted by an acolyte of Desna who brings you to see Dolok. Just remember to keep your visit short, he still hasn't fully recovered yet. As you enter Dolok's room you see he is covered in bandages and laying down. He sits to greet you. Hello, who might you be?

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-08, 08:45 PM
Arthur thanks the acolyte and quietly enters the room. He takes a seat while Robin stands at the door.

"Hey, I'm Arthur, I'm a budding goblin hunter and I was wondering if I could ask you about the attack." he waits for a response before proceeding. "I spoke with Alvir... Alvyr... Robin was it Alvar?"

"Alver, quit messing around, the boy is in need of rest."

"Oh right right, well I talked to that guy and he gave me the general idea and I just wanted to double check with you in some things. I understand the goblins came out of the marsh to attack you while you were delivering a shipment and that they used fireworks as weapons. I'm curious if you had any idea how many attacked you. And then I was doubly curious to find out if they made their presence known before firing, or if they had actually set up and implemented a proper ambush."

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 09:01 PM
Oh... Well it all happened so quickly. It all started with rustling sounds in the distance and every so often I could hear what sounded like muffled laughter. Then the explosions came, some in the air and some directed at my horse. Naturally the horse panicked and ended up throwing me to the ground. It was then when they came out from cover. There must of been a half dozen or more. They killed the horse then came for me. I ran as fast as I could. I got scratched, bit and even burnt from a firework on my arms. I ran until I couldn't, the goblins seemed relentless. Then I heard a strange and eerie howl... It must have scared the goblins off. I passed out right after and when I awoke I found myself in the swamp hermits' fishing shack. He helped me back to town and now I am here.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-08, 09:48 PM
Arthur perked up a little at this new development. "Really, then there is such a thing as a deterrent to them." Arthur's mind begins to conceptualize how he can use this new bit of information. "These hermits, did they give you any explanation of why the howling scared the goblins? Was it wolves? Dogs? Or something else?"

Srduffman
2017-08-08, 10:42 PM
He said it was the Soggy River Monster. But I thought it was It was only a myth...

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 12:16 AM
Arthur has to restrain himself from laughing out loud, over his shoulder he notices Robin has backed away herself to stifle he laughter.

"The soggy river monster, right, well, could you describe the creatures howl to me? I would like to use a little bit if magic to attempt to recreate it if you don't mind."

Arthur then begins to use his magic to mimic the soggy river monster's howl, altering it here and there to find time it into something believable. If he could create the sound of a monster the goblins feared, he could use it to invite panic amongst them.

I'm going to use my ghost sound cantrip along with doloks memory to try to mimic the howl

Have I heard the myth before since I'm from this town? Knowledge local? I don't have a rank in it so the DC would to be 10 or less for to roll, but I'll throw one in just in case [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 06:30 AM
You recall the myth of the River Monster. It's a relatively new one so there isn't much to go on. All you know is people say some kind of weird human-like creature resides in the swamp. People that pass through that way usually stay on the lost coast road so it's never really been seen. But every so often people catch a glimpse of some tall man-like creature lurking in the marsh.

you can use ghost sound to mimic the roar, but when you go to use it I'd like you to roll me a bluff check. The spell will cast but you are mimicking Doloks noise not the creatures and it's a 0 lv spell. You could also use an intimidate check if you'd prefer

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 07:11 AM
Arthur has some fun playing around with mimicking the monsters howl, at one point he even uses it behind one of the priests, an action that gets him a hard punch to the arm from Robin. His fun had, he stands to go.

"Thank you for your time it has been very helpful. Oh, real quick before I go, do you remember roughly on the road where you were attacked? Any landmarks that stood out?"

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 08:04 AM
Dolok cringes with every howl that Arthur makes. He gathers his composure to answer one last question. I'm not sure the where abouts of where they attacked me. Your best bet is to look for the wrecked cart and start from there. It's only been a few days since they attacked me.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 08:53 AM
Arthur laughs with camraderie at Dolok's plight. "Well whatever I'm sure we got it close enough. Just curious, do you know where that hermit lives? If things go bad I might need to see him myself"

After he gets his answers, Arthur packs up and takes his leave, thanking Dolok for his time.
[roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 09:49 AM
The hermit lives on the new fishing trail. I hope I was of some use to you in your quest. Dolok thanks you for your visit, then the acolyte shows you out. You and Robin walk out to the street and look at each other, as if telepathically deciding what your next move should be.

You know goblins are small and sneaky. They can be clever and thrifty but are generally not the brightest of creatures. You know they hate dogs and horses. They have an unquenchable hunger. And you know, generally they do engage fights like this, from what you know, the reason for their new found courage seems to stem from the fireworks.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 10:12 AM
Arthur takes a seat outside on a bench, a door that very quickly turns into him laying down across the bench. Robin stands next to him, obviously irritated by the sudden ennui.

"What a pain. Now there is an actual monster out there. Are you sure you want to do this."

"Quite. Now tell me what you are thinking."

"If you say so. I've got it worked out that I'm pretty sure we can survive the ambush. But it's what happens after that that I'm starting to dwell on. I mean, thinking logically if the goblins have only attacked because they got their hands on some fireworks then if they no longer have them things would go back to normal. I think we should find out where and how they got them. Besides," he says yawningly "It's too late to go after them now, you might be able to see in the dark but I can't and I'm tired." His eyes close with finality.

"Don't fall asleep out in middle of the street Sleepy General. We can wait till tomorrow but where do you suppose you'll learn about the fireworks?" Arthur opens his eyes and sits up, disgruntled.

"No clue, let's try the sherrif."

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 02:57 PM
As the sun sets on the town of Sandpoint. You and Robin make your way to the sheriffs office. You are greeted by two guards standing at the door. They send you inside to see Hemlock. You knock on his door and he greets you in an emotionless manor as you enter. What can I do for you Arthur? He glares at Robin for only a moment as he does not recognize her.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 03:09 PM
Arthur nods at the guards and takes a seat in front of Hemlock.

"Hey Sheriff, I guess we are taking up the bounty in the goblins and before we leave tomorrow I wanted to learn more about their access to fire works. Do you have any idea where they got them from?" Arthur pays little mind to Hemlock's unease with Robin.

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 05:00 PM
No idea how they got a hold of them. All we know is they have them and that it's starting to become a problem. Hemlock stares on at Arthur without a trace of facial expression.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 05:10 PM
Arthur sits back in his chair his hands rubbing his chin in thought. He practically ignored Hemlock as he thinks out loud. "Thinking logically that must mean one of two things, either someone has decided not to report missing fireworks, or that they were taken from somewhere besides Sandpoint. I suppose there is another option in that someone is willingly providing the goblins with them." he retakes interest in Hemlock and asks "Have any of the nearby towns had a celebration recently?

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 06:41 PM
Robin stares at Arthur with a confused/ annoyed look on her face, while Hemlock's face doesn't change in the slightest. After a moment or two of silence, Hemlock speaks. No, none of the other villages have had any kind of recent celebrations. It's a mystery to where they aquired all that firepower.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 06:50 PM
Hemlock's taciturn nature starts getting on Arthur's nerves, he rises "Well unless you have any sage advice for an upcoming goblin hunter, I suppose we shall take our leave." Arthur begins to ponder what their next move should be.

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 07:21 PM
The best advice I can give you is this: Find a guide, don't travel alone and don't die. Goblins are tricky and vicious, they might not be all that tremendous alone, but in numbers they become a terrible menace. Hemlock then stands and shows Arthur and Robin out. As you get outside you see the sun is setting and it's getting dark out.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 07:47 PM
Arthur thanks Hemlock for his time as they leave. Once out Robin speaks up.

"A guide wouldn't be a terrible idea."

"I suppose you're right, at least we got something useful out of that sheriff." he begins to walk back to the Rusty Dragon Inn to see if Ameiko knew of someone.

"You seem to have a lot of ill will to the sheriff." Robin says as they walk.

"He is the sheriff, it's his job to protect the town. Instead he is outsourcing it to 'adventurers', I'm lazy, but I don't have a job that others have entrusted to me. It's that kind of mentality, that someone will show up to bail you out that upsets me."

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 08:42 PM
You make your way back to the Rusty Dragon Inn to see Ameiko. Once inside you see many people eating drinking, talking, singing and just enjoying themselves. You can see Ameiko waiting tables and laughing as she moves through the tavern like a leaf on the wind. Once she notices you, she comes over to say hello. So how'd it go? Have you accomplished anything today or did you spend your day napping? Ameiko laughs as she says this.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 08:50 PM
Arthur enters the inn, reminiscing about how much quieter it was earlier that day. He laughs along with Ameiko, "I would sleep if I could, I tried once but Robin wouldn't let me."

"He spoke with Alver, his errandboy Dolok and the Sherrif, he seems to think he can handle the goblin ambush without a problem."

"Did I say that? Hmm oh well, I can't figure out how they came up with the fireworks. Knowing that would put me much more at ease. Either way, I believe we will be seeing out to fight goblins tomorrow morning, I came to see if you knew of a guide who would be willing to help."

Srduffman
2017-08-09, 09:05 PM
Ameiko stares at the two of you with a concerned look in her eye. Well...If you really are serious about doing this then your best bet would be to seek out Walthis Proudstump. He has a shack along the new fishing trail just outside of Brinestump Marsh. If anyone knows those swamps it'd be him.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-09, 09:35 PM
Arthur laughs a little "Don't look like that Ameiko, I'm under no obligation to see this through to the end and I have no qualms about turning tail and running. A courageous man would mock me, but I intend to live a long easygoing life."

He pauses a moment, a bit of info from the day coming mind. "This wouldn't happen to be the hermit who saved our Dolok would it? How much do you suppose he will want for his services? I may be able to rub two silver pieces together, but not more than twice."

Srduffman
2017-08-10, 08:46 AM
I suppose he is a hermit but he knows the marsh better then anyone around here. I'm not sure how much he likes people, so I'd tread lightly when you meet him. I'm also not sure what he'll charge you. Guess the best way to find out is to go speak with him.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 09:00 AM
"Well whatever I suppose we will find out in the morning. Thanks." Arthur spends a little longer at the Rusty Dragon before he and Robin head home. When he gets there he says goodnight to his father and quickly finds his bed.

"Now you make sure you wake up early, I won't be there until you summon me so I can't kick you out of bed myself."

"Yeah yeah" as Arthur falls asleep, Robin fades away.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 09:24 AM
Arthur wakes up much later than Robin would have wanted. He leisurely gets dressed and ready before he sits down to summon her.

"What time is it! you slept in didn't you Sleepy General! How could I have been so stupid to expect anything less!" Arthur waves her off though laying back down in his bed.

"Yeah yeah, what would you say about going tomorrow? It's such a nice day out, I'd hate to ruin it by getting my blood anywhere." Robin grabs hold tightly of his ear and drags him up and out of bed.

"No, we are going now!" She drags him out of the house and the two head out to the hermits place.

Srduffman
2017-08-10, 09:49 AM
After you are ready, you set out to talk with Walthus Proudstump. You lazily walk for a few hours down the Lost Coast road. You reach an intersection with a sign reading "new fishing trail" pointing down a path that goes into the swamp. The Lost Coast Road continues its way around the swamp.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 12:29 PM
Without questioning the sign, Arthur heads down the new fishing trail to meet the hermit. Robin stops him though,

"Didn't they say he was outside the marsh?"

"Oh... Huh... That's odd."

The two inspect the sign and the two roads trying to remember exactly how it was worded.

Arthur perception [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 03:54 PM
[roll0] and then some extra words to meet the minimum

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 03:55 PM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 09:07 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Arthur perception [roll3]
Robin perception [roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Srduffman
2017-08-10, 09:19 PM
As Robin stares at the sign she realizes that this is the correct road but notices that the hermits shack is no where to be seen. She guesses that when Ameiko said that the hermit lives outside the swamp, she never specified which side of the swamp he lives on. You shrug and head down the road wondering what lies at the end. As you enter the dark, tangled, mist covered woods that surround this marsh you notice the sound quality changes from chirpping birds to screeching crows. You can hear a plethera of noises from scratching sounds, to snapping twigs, to sounds of something moving through the underbrush. Each eerie noise almost seems to be engulfing the woods. You both move with your guards up, not sure what to expect. After a while you come to a bridge that crosses a small part of the soggy river. You can hear sounds of something wading through the water just out of sight. You both look around but can't see anything, so you continue onwards. After another quarter of a mile you come to a second bridge. For a moment Robin sees what looks like a man out of the corner of her eye. When she looks back, she realizes that it is only a tree and the mist has to be playing tricks on her eyes. You reasure her and venture onwards. Finally one last bridge lies between you and what looks like a shack in the distance. A muddy trail leads up to a swampy lagoon. The open ocean is visible just beyond these shallow waters, while an old two-story building, its walls soggy with moss and its roof sagging with age, sits on the lagoon's eastern shore.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-10, 09:51 PM
Arthur and Robin slog on through the swamp, unsure even if they were going in the right direction. The scent of the ocean grows though, and they each breathe a sigh of relief at the site if the shack. "Hmm... Well we found it, that's promising. Shall we?" Arthur says jokingly. And the two head along the path to the house.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-11, 08:18 PM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

Srduffman
2017-08-11, 08:25 PM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

#1 [roll0] = DC

#2 [roll1] = BC.

Srduffman
2017-08-11, 08:33 PM
You and Robin walk up to the rundown looking shack and kock on the front door. A moment or two passes and Robin becomes alert to hearing footsteps getting closer. You couldn't seem to care less about what is going on. The door opens and a rather exhausted, dirty and disgruntled looking halfling greets you. Yes? Hello, can I help you? He asks in an annoyed tone.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-11, 08:38 PM
Arthur sizes the man up curious as to what sorry of person willingly chooses to leave in such a place.

"Hello I am Arthur Andermour, this is my companion Robin. I am seeking a Mr. Walthis Proudstump, I am told her would be able to serve as a guide for us through these swamp. You see my companion and I have one sidedly decided that we will become goblin hunters due to the recent attacks and subsequent bounty."

Srduffman
2017-08-11, 08:55 PM
I am Walthus, but I have no interest in acting as a guide for anybody. If you want the goblins, they are southeast of here, now if you don't mind I'm a bit under the weather so I bid you a good day. He then begins to shut the door.

Robin notices that he is cut, wounded, dirty, sweating heavily and exhausted. Arthur doesn't for he seems to have no real interest in the man.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-11, 09:27 PM
Arthur shrugs and turns to go when Robin's foot jams into the door. "Excuse me sir, but my master has come quite a way to see you and it is very hard to get him to go anywhere or do anything, so I would very much appreciate you taking a moment to see us." Arthur turns from the foot of the porch in mild surprise. "Now if you don't mind me saying, it looks like you yourself are in some trouble or did you think we wouldn't notice the cuts." Arthur nods as if he has actually noticed the cuts.

Srduffman
2017-08-11, 09:36 PM
Walthus sighs and then says, Very well, if you are so insistent you may come inside and I'll see what I've got around here for food, come in. He leads you both into the dinning room and then wanders about looking for food.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-11, 10:44 PM
The two enter, as they go in Robin nudges Arthur hard and gives a meaningful nod to the hermit.

"Thank you sir, do you require healing?"

Srduffman
2017-08-11, 11:35 PM
You know, that would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten myself into quite the pickle recently. I'm sorry for my rude behavior towards you both.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 12:13 AM
Arthur smiles at the man's humor, "Your lucky ive been able to figure this whole magic thing out." he imagines the hermits wounds closing up and let's his inner magic make the imagination real.

Once he plies his magic he takes a seat. "So tell me about this pickle"

cure light wounds [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 08:29 AM
Walthus' wounds seemingly disappear and he begins to look better almost instantly. Walthus bows his head and begins to laugh. His laughter becomes louder and more unsettling with each passing moment. His skin begins to shimmer and ripple. He cannot maintain the charade any longer due to a daunting sense of joy, the man begins to rapidly change shapes. After only a brief moment you are now face to face with a strange new creature. It's skin is brown with red splotches and is very wrinkley looking. It has no visible face, save for a small slit where a pointed younger flicks out as if it were a snakes tounge. The creature lashes out and attempts to strike you.

attack damage [roll]1d4+1+1d6 grapple check [roll1] plus 1 blood drain

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 08:31 AM
Walthus' wounds seemingly disappear and he begins to look better almost instantly. Walthus bows his head and begins to laugh. His laughter becomes louder and more unsettling with each passing moment. His skin begins to shimmer and ripple. He cannot maintain the charade any longer due to a daunting sense of joy, the man begins to rapidly change shapes. After only a brief moment you are now face to face with a strange new creature. It's skin is brown with red splotches and is very wrinkley looking. It has no visible face, save for a small slit where a pointed younger flicks out as if it were a snakes tounge. The creature lashes out and attempts to strike you.

attack damage [roll]1d4+1+1d6 grapple check [roll1] plus 1 blood drain

[roll0] atk
[roll1] sneak atk

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 08:41 AM
The creature slams into you and knocks the wind out of you for a moment. As you try to maintain your balance you suddenly feel arms surrounding you. The creatures had reached out and grappled you as it starts to pin you, You get an eerie sensation of your life leaving you. You feel set and cold as the creature begins to "drink" your blood.

Roll me initiatives. Also the creature has now grappled you. Check the previous 2 posts for damage, sneak atk, and blood drain. You can roll me a Knowledge dungeoneering to figure out what this thing is. Its initiative = [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 08:49 AM
The creature slams into you and knocks the wind out of you for a moment. As you try to maintain your balance you suddenly feel arms surrounding you. The creatures had reached out and grappled you as it starts to pin you, You get an eerie sensation of your life leaving you. You feel set and cold as the creature begins to "drink" your blood.

Roll me initiatives. Also the creature has now grappled you. Check the previous 2 posts for damage, sneak atk, and blood drain. You can roll me a Knowledge dungeoneering to figure out what this thing is. Its initiative = [roll0]

Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 09:01 AM
Arthur struggles underneath the creatures powerful grasp. Trying to comprehend the situation. Something must have attached the hermit and replaced him, otherwise this creature would have had no reason to save Dolok. So this creature had to have attacked Walthus recently. But why hide out in a hermits shed? Why did it try to send them away?

"Robin?! A little help!"

grapple to break free! [roll0]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 09:38 AM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 11:00 AM
You struggle in the creatures grasp but to no prevail. You call to Robin for help and as you do, it switches its attention to Robin. It releases you and runs at Robin.

atk [roll0] dam [roll1] sneak [roll2] grapple [roll3] 1 blood drain

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 11:01 AM
It slams into Robin then latches to her. She too feels the same eerie feeling wash over her.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 11:37 AM
Arthur gasps as the creature gets off of him. With relief he rights himself only to see Robin under attack. Instead of trying to break free of the monster, she presses her attack against him.

Robin full attacks
Claw [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Claw 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Seeing that they were in a difficult position, Arthur backs up and pulls again into his imagination. This time creating a powerful canine in his mind. His magic flows out and a portal opens next to the creature. A loud bark is hard and an all white dog with blue eyes comes jumping out if the portal and tears at the monster leg.

Arthur 5 hp, 15 AC
Robin 4 hp, 13 AC
Dog (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/canines/dog/dog/summoned-creature-dog/) 6 hp, 13 AC

move action: Arthur moves as far away as possible while still remaining within 25 feet,
Standard action: used summon monster ability to summon celestial dog next to monster foaming with Robin

Dog free action:smite evil
Standard action: attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5] add 2 if monster is evil

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 12:59 PM
Robin slashes the creature in the gut and draws blood. It reels back in pain and releases her. After being hit and caught off guard, Arthur runs to a corner and summons a dog. The dogs eyes glow blue and it lashes out at the creature and bites its leg. The creature lets out a sound of anguish and attacks the dog bitting it's leg.

atk [roll0] dam [roll1] grapple [roll2] blood drain 1

The creature brings its forearm with full force upon the dog and smashes it in the back. The dog yelps in pain then jumps away as the creature attempts to grab hold of the dog.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 01:15 PM
Free of the creature, Robin presses the attack. "What did you do with Walthus!?" he claws extend forward rending themselves into the creature.

full round action to attack
Claw 1
Damage [roll1]
Claw 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Now that the creature was surrounded, Arthur was able to gain his bearings. He begins to let out a low gutteral song and let's his magic infuse into his voice, echoing with powerful resonance. Robin smiles as she feels the magic enter her and her muscles bulge with power.

Arthur HP: 6 AC: 15
Robin HP:5 AC:15
Dog (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/animals/canines/dog/dog/summoned-creature-dog/) HP:4 AC:13
standard action: begin inspire rage
Free action: end and let it linger for next 3 rounds

Dog standard action attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5] +2 if foe is evil

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 01:31 PM
The creature laughs (or what you can only assume is laughing) and jumps away from Robin as she claws at it furiously. The dog nips at its ankle yet again but the monster was too quick for either of them. As it gets around the dog it attempts to slam down on it once again.

atk [roll0] dam [roll1] grapple [roll2] blood drain 1

As it drops its weight down again into a powerful slam, the dog yelps loudly. The creature goes to grab the dog to begin draining its blood... When the dog vanishes into a small cloud of smoke. The creature then turns to Robin and growls.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 01:50 PM
"Your not getting out of this!" Robin presses her assault on the creature.

full round action attack
Claw 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Claw 2 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

"Hmm Arthur ponders as the dog disappears. "How about this then?" and again he let's his mind create a creature and his magic place that image in the real world. Another portal opens and a loud screech comes from it as a silver eagle comes flying out and attacking.

Arthur HP:6 AC:14
Robin HP:5 AC 14
Celestial eagle hp:6 AC:13

Standard action use summon monster ability to summon celestial eagle in flanking position

Move draw falchion

Eagle full attack
1 talon [roll4]
Damage [roll5] +1 if evil
2 talon [roll6]
Damage [roll7] +1 if evil
Bite [roll8]
Damage [roll9] +1 if evil

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 02:51 PM
Robin steps up and drives her claw into the creatures ribs. Blood starts running profusely from its wound. You summon the eagle and in a feathery rage it begins pecking and clawing at his head. With all the wounds this creature suffered before you got here, even with the small amount of healing you gave him, the wounds he's suffered prove too much for him. The blood loss catches up with his stamina and the creature collapses in a bloody puddle on the dinning room floor.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 03:21 PM
Keeping his falchion out, Arthur approaches the fallen creature. He inspects it quickly and turns to Robin.

"Walthus is still here somewhere. This thing was wounded fairly bad so he must have put up a fight, it's possible that he is still alive. We need to find him.. The eagle perches on the table eyeing the body, and Arthur and Robin begin to scour the house.

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 05:47 PM
this is ur checks for searching Arthur [roll0] robin [roll1]

You both begin searching around the house, looking for Walthus. Between the two of you, you scour the entire house. Nothing seems out of place on the first floor. Odds and ends, cookware, books and other things are scattered about. When you get to the second floor Robin notices a bookshelf with some faint scuff marks on the floora that swing outwards. You help her grab and pull on the shelf and it swings open, revealing a small reinforced door. You try to open but find that ita locked up tight.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 06:33 PM
Robin begins to inspect the lock, getting ready to try and pick it. As she mils about her business Arthur goes about the most prudent course of action, he knocks.

Srduffman
2017-08-12, 07:33 PM
No one replies to the knock at the door, but you can hear what sounds like scurrying. Almost as if whomever is in there just pressed themselves as far away from the door as possible.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-12, 08:14 PM
"Hello, Mr. Walthus, my name is Arthur Andermour." he looks back to Robin, "Go check our impersonater and see if he has a key in him." As Robin goes downstairs to do as he said, Arthur turns back to the door,
scratching the back of his head. "We just got attacked by some kind of shapeshifter downstairs so I'm hoping you aren't another one. We had to defeat that one, so as long you don't mean us harm, and maybe give us a hand navigating the swamps, " he mutters under his breath "Then you have nothing to fear front us."

diplomacy [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-13, 06:04 PM
How do I know I can trust you? Just another ruse meant to lure me out of hiding so you can finish me off? His voice seems calm, given the situation.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-13, 06:17 PM
"Well I suppose you have a right to be mistrustful of me, what with shapeshifters lurking around and all, but I was informed of you through a man that you recently saved from a goblin attack while he was transporting goods for an alchemist in town. The man's name is Dolok. I was also referred to you by Ameiko of the Rusty Dragon In and it was Sheriff Hemlock who recommended I get a guide. I'm sure that a shapeshifters wouldn't know about all of these people and your recent interaction with Dolok." Arthur sighs, now that he knew the man was relatively safe, this hermit was becoming more and more of a chore.

Srduffman
2017-08-13, 09:18 PM
The latch clicks and the door opens to reveal a slightly shaken, dirty, wounded halfling clutching a knife. Yes, I did help out a man recently who said he was on his way to Sandpoint. I'm glad he made it back safely then.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-13, 09:29 PM
"Well that's better. Now I just healed that thing cause he was looking a little beat up, are you going to change and attack if I do the same to you?"

He recreates his healing magic and as he applies it he asks, "Okay, so why don't you tell me what's going on?"

cure light wounds [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-13, 09:43 PM
Walthus begins to look just a little better. He sighs and sits down and begins to rehatch recent events.Well about a day ago, that thing showed up at my door. Apparently it was looking for a new home and decided to take mine. After all I've been through, there is no way I was about to surrender my home. So I fought with it, it got the jump on me and began to drain me of my strength. I got a few good shots in and I think I may have poisoned it with some venom from my snakes. Well the fight continued and it started to get the better of me so I ran up here to hide. Luckily you showed up or I would of been forced to wait the creature out and use all my reserves.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-13, 09:53 PM
Arthur nods as his theories are confirmed, unsurprised and uncaring. "Do you know what that creature is? I'm curious what would make it close to look for a new home and if we will be running into more of them."

After the hermit answers he gestures to the stairs for them to rejoin with Robin. "You said after all you have been through, just what did you mean by that?"

Srduffman
2017-08-13, 10:52 PM
No idea what it is. I've never seen one before. All I know is it tried to kill me . Walthus listens to Arthur's next question and replies, Life. Life happened sir. There is a lull in the conversation for a moment and then Walthus speaks up again. Well I thank you for what you've done. There must be some way I can repay you?... You said you needed a guide correct? Where was it you were wanting to go again?

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-14, 07:36 AM
"We are off to fight goblins, I'm planning on putting a stop to their ambushes. And I would rather not traverse these swamps alone. I'm guessing you can hold your own under pressure so maybe you would like to lend us a hand? I am intending to pay for your services from the reward money."

Srduffman
2017-08-16, 06:17 PM
You know the goblins have been acting stange lately. Maybe I should accompany you on this little quest. Been a while since I've done anything of use, may as well tag along to make sure you two are safe. These swamps can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing. Of course I wasn't prepared for a fight with that creature, but killing goblins is a much simpler task. Walthus sighs. So much for taking things easy, thought I'd put my fighting days behind me and live peacefully in the swamp. Hahaha, well I guess that goes to show you, things don't always turn out the way you intend. We will eat and rest tonight and set out at dawn, the lazy little buggers will be passed out then and we may be able to get the jump on them... OH! I almost forgot, I'd like to give you something. Walthus scurries off into another room and comes back a few moments later with something bundled up in his arms. He holds his arms out to you. As you take it and unfurl it, it seems to be a cloak of some sort. You notice as you hold it seems to grow in size to match your height. Well, what do you think? It's really something isn't it?

Cloak of resistance +1

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-16, 06:25 PM
Arthur takes the cloak and admires it before swinging it over his back and letting it settle on his shoulders. "This is very nice, thank you." He yawns, the day's work catching up to him. "That seems fine, we'll have Robin act as scout and initial striker. I'll be sending backup after the initial contact once I use a fun little bit of magic to disrupt them." he pauses looking for which bed he should take before asking, "Do you know the swamp monster that Dolok said sent the goblins running?"

Srduffman
2017-08-16, 07:52 PM
I know of it, yes. It's a terrible beast that has decided to make its home here in recent years. I know not of what it is, and I've never had a good look at it for long. It tends to hunt at night, and it is entirely to dangerous in the swamp at night. All sorts of fouls beast come out to hunt. I know this though... It is a foul beast with a nasty attitude that stands just taller then you. It looks almost human, but wrong... It's hard to explain... Walthus seems almost horrified at the thought of this beast.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-16, 07:57 PM
"Hmm, that's very interesting. I'm planning on using it to spread panic amongst the goblins, tell me, how does this sound?" Using the magic he had trained with Dolok, Arthur tries to recreate the creatures howl. After seeing the hermits reaction he tries to find tune it since before continuing his questioning. "How is it that you have been able to live out here if it is so dangerous?"

Srduffman
2017-08-16, 08:00 PM
It's a long story kid, and we rally should be getting some rest. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. Walthus seems different somehow right now, as he's lost in thought.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-16, 08:10 PM
Not one to argue with going to sleep, Arthur turns in. Before he falls asleep and she disappears Robin speaks to Walthus.

"He won't wake up until you kick him awake. Unfortunately if he doesn't get half a day of sleep he is useless for the other half. I won't be around until after he has woken, so I'm counting on you to take care of him." despite her harsh words, it is evident that she does care for him. As Arthur loses conciousnes, she disappears.

Srduffman
2017-08-23, 12:29 PM
Walthus agrees to this, then everyone goes to bed. You sleep easy through the night until dawn. You are rudely woken up by violent shaking from the small halfling. Hey! Wake up or we won't be able to get the jump on the goblins! Walthus tanks the covers off you and forces you out of bed. You look outside and it appears to be just as dark as it was when you fell asleep. Annoyed, you begin summoning Robin back to this plane.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 01:35 PM
Robin is quite pleased to be back in a timely fashion and thanks Walthus for his help. Before they sit down, Arthur takes a moment to ask Walthus what his plan was.

"I've told you my plan, we will have Robin sneak up on the goblins and alert us when she discovers any. Then we coordinate a two part attack wherein she attacks while simultaneously using my magic to disrupt them. I'll then send in reinforcements and keep an eye out if things go bad. My question is, where do you fit into this? Will you be partaking in the fight or will you just be a guide for us and require protection?"

Once that all becomes settled, he gets his gear together and prepared to leave.

Srduffman
2017-08-23, 03:06 PM
Walthus stands up and walks out of the room without saying a word. He's gone only for a moment or two. When he returns he has a bow and a quiver full of arrows with him. You see, I came to this swamp to escape the prying eyes of civilization and all the annoyances of city life. Upon making myself comfortable in this little shack, I was attacked by goblins that had gone hunting in the swamp. They happened upon my new home and broke in and tried to kill me. Now this was several years ago, before the Sandpoint Raids I believe. Since then I've become quite skilled at killing those little bastards.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 03:23 PM
"Wonderful, then you will stay with me and when you hear that howl, you'll know to attack. Sound good." Arthur yawns and finishes his preparations for departure, imagining how pleasant it would be if the goblins had just collectively decided to take a nap, allowing him to go home and do the same.

Srduffman
2017-08-23, 03:46 PM
You grab you gear and prepare yourself for the battle ahead, while Walthus does the same. As soon as the sun peaks over the horizon and the faintest glimmer of light can be seen, Wlatgus announces that it's time to go. You head out back into the the swamp in search of the goblin menace. You stay on the path only for a few minutes then Walthus says, Keep up and don't get lost in here. Its tricky to maneuver through and is very easy to get separated in here. Also keep an eye out for any sign of movement. Walthus then steps off the path and into the thick, murky plant growth that is the swamp.

you here a faint scream in the distance.
Walthus perception= [roll0]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 03:50 PM
Arthur perception [roll0]
Robin perception [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 04:15 PM
Robin halts the group with a telepathic signal to Arthur. There was a scream of some sort

Really I didn't hear anything

That's because your head is filled with rocks

I suppose so, could you tell anything about the scream?

I'm not sure

See what you can find out

"It seems Robin has heard a yell out there, she is going now to investigate."

Robin stealth towards scream keeping perception up

Stealth [roll0]
Perception [roll1]
Survival [roll2]

Srduffman
2017-08-23, 09:09 PM
Walthus has also heard the scream and is now alert. He looks back to the others to find Robin missing. Blasted girl! Where has she gone!? We don't have time for this.... Walthus sighs and decides it's best to keep the group together and fallows Arthur towards the scream.

Robin can tell the scream is human and probably in pain.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 09:30 PM
Arthur raises an eyebrow at Walthus' burst of annoyance. Utilizing his telepatic bond with Robin, he points out there direction she is headed. "She went that way," he yawns "Relax."

He follows after Robin, following her telepathic directions and while giving her enough space that how ineptitude at walking quietly does not hinder her approach.

"Robin said it is a human who is screaming. My guess is that we are about to walk in on an ambush in progress." He draws his falchion, motioning for Walthus to be ready as well.

Srduffman
2017-08-23, 10:01 PM
As you catch up with Robin, you realize that you were right about an ambush. It just wasn't the one you were expecting. A ten foot high mound of branches, logs, and reeds lies amid the trees here, nestled in a narrow, muddy clearing. Flies buzz and swarm around the foul-smelling mound of rotting vegetation. Animal bones lay scattered around the entrance. A hairless humanoid lurches on back-bent, dog-like legs, its hideous mouth flanked by tiny arms with three-fingered hands. It towers over a cowering, bleeding man crawling away from it. The beast raises its claw to strike...

robin=[roll0] Arthur= [roll1] Walthus= [roll2] Thormund= [roll3] Beastie= [roll4] so walthus, robin and Arthur get a surprise round. After initiatives go to the following order. The monster is 25 feet away from Arthur's group. Arthur's group is also in rough terrain for 15 feet. Every one roll knowledge dungeoneering dc 12 to identify the monster if you got it.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 10:27 PM
"Was not expecting... Whatever that is" Arthur whispers to Walthus. "Move to the right, wait for the creature to engage Robin and the dog before firing.

Robin, stay hidden and flank from the left. Attack when you have a clear line.

He waits approximately one second for the others to move, knowing they would need all of the time possible to get into position, whole the unfortunate needed to be rescued immediately. Letting his imagination wander, Arthur finds the tale of a heroes dog famous for pulling the leg out from under a troll that was about to smash the hero. He focuses his mind and feels his magic grow with the image. Then he throws it forward and another portal opens with a vicious dog jumping out to the right of the creature. The dog barks, a sounds that seems to echo three times over with additional power, and goes for the creature's leg.

Arthur HP 10 AC 15
Robin hp 12 AC 15
Dog HP 6 AC 13

Arthur standard action summon celestial dog.

Dog
Free action: smite evil
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] additional+2 if creature is evil

Srduffman
2017-08-23, 10:42 PM
The dog lunges out of the portal, barking and chomping at the beast. The creature, surprised at the dogs sudden appearance, side steps out of the way and lets out a blood curddling shriek. You now have a solid reference for the noises you've been trying to mimic. The shriek sends chills down your spine and leaves you feeling cold. Walthus moves out of the way and draws his bow ready to fire at Arthur's command.

move then hold attack waiting for robin. Next round goes: Arthur, robin, Walthus, beast, Thormund. attack[roll0] damage [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-23, 10:51 PM
Robin wordlessly follows Robin's command and moves around the creature.

standard action to stealth move at full speed (know half for difficult terrain) to right of ceature. Surprise rounds you can only do a standard, so she will stay hidden for this.

Stealth [roll0] -10 penalty for moving at full speed

Should get her just out of difficult terrain.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-24, 11:52 AM
Arthur makes sure all of the pieces are in position before unleasing their attack. He pulls into his magic once more, finding a chord of bravery to rally his allies in battle. He unleashes the magic once more with an epic shout that travels forward in a powerful spread.

Now! he mentally calls to Robin.

Arthur HP 11 AC 14
Robin hp 13 AC 14
Dog HP 7 AC 12

Arthur standard action: inspire rage and end it
Move action: move 5 feet forward

Dog
Standard action Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] additional+2 if creature is evil

Srduffman
2017-08-24, 07:10 PM
The dog lunges again and again it misses its target. This creature does not seem to be messing around. Robin scrambles to be free from the tangeled nattles and underbrush. With all allies out of the way Walthus has found an opening, he knocks an arrow, takes a deep inhale and lets his arrow fly. With great precision it hits its mark but the monstrosity hardly seems to notice its been hit at all. The creature lets out another shriek and then begins to breath deeply. Drool dripping off its disgusting mandables into puddles below, its eyes glow red with hate and rage. It almost seems as though it is shaking with anticipation for its next kill. It watches as more and more fresh meat willingly wanders into its territory.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-24, 07:17 PM
Following Arthurs telepathic command, Robin charges at the creature, her long nails extend behind her and she leaps forward slashing down on the creature.

Robin HP 13 AC13
Robin full round action charge into flanking with dog
[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Srduffman
2017-08-24, 07:38 PM
Robin runs around the creature and sinks one of her claws into the creatures side. Blood starts dripping out of the wound and over her hand. The creatures roars in pain, then faces Robin, its sights now fixated on her. Its bottom jaw splits in half revealing teeth and claws. It lunges forward attempting to bite down on her shoulder. Its arms swing violently at her torso.

fullround attack bite [roll0] claw 1 [roll1] claw 2 [roll2] damage bite [roll3] plus sinful bite dc will 14 [roll4] =minutes sickened on successful bite and failed will save. claw 1 [roll5] claw 2 [roll6] 9 damage delt to beastie.

Turning to quickly, the monster is not able to land a single blow on Robin as she ducks and weaves around each anticipated attack.

turn order. Next Clark. Brad. Walthus. Robin. Beastie

Gman-300
2017-08-24, 08:31 PM
Seeing the sudden cavalry that has swept in Thormund is much less worried about the beast that decided he would make a good meal. he unsheathes his short sword realizing that explosives would be less than ideal in this situation. He stands next to the hound that sprang up to help him and he fixes his eyes on the monster and lets out a slash for its midsection.

Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-24, 08:44 PM
Good to have you gman! Unchained rogues get weapon finesse at 1st so your attack should be 1 higher, I've got my inspire courage up so if you choose to accept it you'll get a +2str, +2 con -1ac and+1 on will saves.

I guess our damsel can fend for himself, shall we go?

No we should not! Arthur winces at Robin's loud and yet silent retort. Fine, he says to himself, let's just make it quick.

He raised his falchion and gives another mighty yell, this one directed straight at the monster and much more menacing.

Arthur HP 11 AC 14
Robin hp 13 AC 12
Dog HP 7 AC 12

Arthur standard action: intimidate [roll0]

And then:

Dog
Standard action Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2] additional+1 if creature is evil

Srduffman
2017-08-24, 09:02 PM
Valiant efforts from both attacks, but this beast just seems to be to quick on its feet. It dodges the dogs powerful bite, and slips under Thormund's slash. Arthur conjures up the loudest most beastly roar he can and shouts at the beast. It almost seems to freeze in place as if stunned by fear. Walthus takes advantage of this and fires another arrow at its chest.

arrow atk [roll0] damage [roll1]

Again Walthus' aim is true, but again it barely seems to of scratched the creature.

robin. Beast. Clark. Brad. Walthus. Beast has taken 11 damage

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-24, 09:13 PM
Robin makes use of the creatures pause to unleash her own claws into its side. First one claw strikes low and sweeps across the creatures chest, as it lurches to dodge, she strikes with the second, hoping to find it off balance for the second attack.

full round action attack
Claw 1 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Claw 1 [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-24, 09:19 PM
crit in the first claw confirm[roll0]
Crit damage [roll1]

Srduffman
2017-08-24, 09:29 PM
Robin's first claw strike sinks deep into the rib cage of this beast. She pulls back, tearing flesh as she does. Blood gushes from the wound and the monster doubles over in pain, clutching the wound. It seems to be struggling for breath and with the last of its strength it goes for the kill and lunges at Robins throat.

bite [roll0] sinful bite [roll1] = minutes. damage [roll2]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-24, 09:37 PM
[roll0] blah blah extra words

Srduffman
2017-08-24, 09:44 PM
As this thing lat he's onto Robins neck she feels a strange feeling wash over the incredible amount of pain that has been inflicted to her neck. Robin starts to feel overwhelmed with an intense rage, the anger and hate is so fierce that it begins to make her physically ill. The creature releases its victim and steps back hoping to watch her bleed out.

good, good. The anger is whelling up inside you. Give into your hate. Kill him. Do it. robin is sickened for 1 whole minute . he lets go and 5 foot steps. Clarks up. Brad. Walthus.Robin. it

Gman-300
2017-08-25, 10:45 AM
The beast has wounded the woman with strange claws and moved off, leaving her doubled over, Thormund takes this opportunity to shift up and try to hit this squirrely beast again. feeling a surge of power rushing over him

Thormund AC:13 HP:7 Swift 5ft step up Attack Damage [roll]1d6+2 I am accepting the inspire from goldenfedora

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-25, 12:15 PM
Are you alright?
I'm going to destroy it!
Sure you don't want to just give up?
NO!
Okay, okay, it was just a question

The canine presses the attack chomping again at the creature. As long as it can serve as a distraction, that's all he needed from it.

Arthur standard action: ready an action to summon a pony and have it attack if the canine falls
Move action: move 5 feet forward

Dog: attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] +2 if evil

Srduffman
2017-08-28, 07:15 PM
The man slashes at the creatures chest again but with no results. The dog too tries its luck once more, and again it too misses its target. As wounded as this beast looks, it would seem it still has some fight left in it. Walthus knocks another arrow and releases it.

atk [roll0] dam [roll1]

Walthus takes great aim with his final shot as he releases it. This arrow hits its mark with great power and precision. The arrow nails the beast right between the eyes, and the creature lets out a bloody gurgle as its eye grow pale and it falls to the ground.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 07:37 PM
As the creature falls, Arthur steps out of the woods and approaches cautiously. The dog sniffs the corpse for a moment and then nuzzles Robin with a small concerned whimper before disappearing back to the celestial plane.

Arthur approaches Robin to see that she is okay, he works his magic into his hand and presses it into her. After she is healed she walks off to try and shake herself from the creatures bite.

"Good shooting Walthus." Arthur says as the hermit comes closer. "I'm assuming this was the muddy swampy monster?"

"Well either way, that was more than expected." Arthur says turning to the victim. "But it looks like you got off pretty easy."

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 07:40 PM
casting rejuvenate eidolon [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-08-28, 07:46 PM
Walthus clears his throat then turns to Arthur, You know, I honestly have no idea what this thing is. It must be the swamp monster. But thank you, not knowing what this thing is, I felt it necessary to keep my distance. Seems you had the same idea. Of course I find it kinda "funny" you let this poor lady do all the fighting for you. Walthus gives you a dirty smirk. I wouldn't of bothered with all this though if you hadn't come to investigate. We got a job to do and out window of opportunity is closing as we speak. Make sure that man is okay and lets get going. Walthus grunts. He then goes to retrieve his arrows and waits for you to finish.

Gman-300
2017-08-28, 08:17 PM
Thormund looks over the beasts slumped body and sighs in relief, quickly he turns to his saviors with a wide toothy grin and a laugh. Ha ha! Zat vas quite impressive. You all have my thanks, if it veren't for you I'd be compost now. I am Thormund Gelius and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. He walks over and goes to shake hands with the woman with the claws. I must admit that vas quite the show you put on, very impressive indeed. If I may ask just vhat are you three doing here? Zis is quite a dangerous place.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 08:43 PM
Ask him for money
I'm not going to ask him for money! Robin wipes the blood from her nails as much as she can before shaking his hand.

"Hello, my name is Robin and this is Arthur Andermour and Walthus Proudstump."
We saved his life, he owes us
We saved him because it is the right thing to do!

"We are on our way to hunt goblins-"
Come on, he's probably going to feel grateful to us, I don't want to deal with him following is around praising us and pledging his life to us. Let's let him feel better about himself and pay us for saving his life

"NO! Robin blushes realizing that she had spoken out loud.
Oh now you've done it
Shut up!

"ehh... I mean, No one told us to expect to see someone else out here, what are you doing alone in this swamp"

Gman-300
2017-08-28, 08:56 PM
Thormund looks between the woman and the half-orc she was shooting daggers at. He sheaths his short sword and begins to explain. I vas heading into the marsh to hunt some of zese goblins, awful little creatures, there is a good bounty on there ears and I vas hoping to make a little money to do some real exploring. I had used to work as a caravan guard and my wanderlust took hold after a few loops over the same old trader routes, so I said my goodbyes and began my little trek to earn some gold to begin my adventure. He gives a quick look to the swamp thing that jumped him and sighs to himself. It may have been a pit presumptuous of me to go through the marsh alone though, if you are also hunting these little beasts I would gladly help you, I am quite skilled in the alchemical arts, and would be glad to accompany you. After all it is the least I could do to repay your kindness. He says with a smile, looking at the trio in front of him.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 09:12 PM
If we keep dividing this bounty we won't have any to walk home with. Oh well Arthur thought to himself.

"Great" he yawns, "Walthus lead the way please, Mr. Gellius would you be so kind as to tell me how best you function in combat? Oh, are you injured at all?"

Srduffman
2017-08-28, 09:16 PM
Walthus looks over his shoulder and says, Great... Lets just get going. Get your things, then fallow me. He then makes his way back the way you came from.

Gman-300
2017-08-28, 09:36 PM
Thormund falls in with the group, and looks to Arthur. I vould say zat I am best at ranged combat, both vith my bow and my alchemical firebombs, though I vould obviously avoid using those once a melee starts. But I can also hold my own at close range, I look to take advantage of distractions with enemies, having someone to team up vith would be best in those situations. To answer your other question I have been hit but I have something of my own for that. Thormund pulls out a small vial with a viscous green fluid in it, pops the cork out and downs the mixture in one gulp. Ahh! Bitter but it does the trick. The small cuts and bruises he has seem to stich back together and recede.
Thormund hp:6 drinks an extract of CLW [roll0] after extract hp:8

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 09:55 PM
Arthur eyes the board with mild interest. "I see, then let us continue. Now explain these firebombs that you have to me, so that I can figure out how best to for you into our plan. Am I to assume that they are in fact fire?" Arthur walls lazily behind Walthus, letting Robin be in guard for any trouble.

Robin perception [roll0]

Gman-300
2017-08-28, 10:23 PM
Indeed, the reaction from my catalysts produces quite the ball of fire, both at the impact site and a good radius around it. I've been trying to find a way to control the burst, but I haven't made any breakthroughs yet, so they vould be more for an opening volley. After which I would go to my bow or sword, as needed. I have also been trying to find new reactions to increase the utility of my bombs, but breakthroughs are slow going right now. Thormund says with a glint in his eyes, passionately going over his firebombs. I can also brew up alchemical extracts that enhance my abilities or heal my wounds, as you saw. the last thing that I can think of right now is my mutagen Thormund pulls out a flask, larger than the vial of healing liquid, it seems to have a vile brown tinge, barely any light goes through it and it seems to bubble a bit even while corked up. He deftly puts the wretched thing safely away. If you drank it you would most likely be doubled over vith sickness, but I have grown accustomed to the mutagenic chemical cocktail, this specific batch is brewed up to enhance my dexterity, quicker reactions and sharper eyes for shooting, it also toughens up my skin. The only real downside is that the chemicals to tend to make my mind drift a bit, hard to focus when you've downed something like this. Thormund lets out a chuckle and looks to Arthur So you now know some of my skills, so tell me, what is your specialty friend?

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 10:42 PM
The brown liquid looks appalling to Arthur, but he lets it go. He struggles at Thormunds question "I tell people where to go" he yawns as if that was all the answer necessary.

"What he means is that he is a budding tactician, able to bring creatures that he had read about in books to the battlefield while at the same time enhancing the strength of his allies." Robin calls back about by Athur's disinterest.

"Right, but mostly I tell people where to go." Arthur says with a knowing sidelong glace to Thormunds.

"I've got a place in mind for you to go to." Robin mumbles to herself. "Thormund how abouts did you come to learn all of this reactions?"

Gman-300
2017-08-28, 11:13 PM
Thormund chuckles at Arthurs description of a tactician and turns to Robin Alchemy is a bit of a family tradition, many of the Gellius family learn to harness the power of alchemy, I studied under my parents for my youth, but when I vas older I set out to learn for myself. I found that I vas possessed of a great skill vith explosives and alchemical weapons, but I did not have much love for poisons or potion brewing. I felt a bit more focus vould be best. As far as learning the reactions goes, it vas mostley trial and error, every catalyst is infused with a bit of my own essence, much like my extracts, this helps them stay stable but they will only react when I use them. This meant I had to find the reagents that caused the best reaction myself, I vas covered in soot more times than I care to recall, heh. Thormund runs his hand through his hair and chuckles. He then turns to Robin If you don't mind me asking, just how did you two come to team up? you seem to know each other quite vell.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-28, 11:17 PM
"Have you ever heard of magical boardgames spewing women with an annoying overenthusiastic drive for adventure from another plane of existence?" Arthur shrugs, "It's basically that."

"It was a test designed to find the greatest strategist who would then go on a great adventure!"

"I know you said it more succinctly than I did, but I feel like my way was less confusing."

Gman-300
2017-08-28, 11:30 PM
Thormund raises an eyebrow, looks between them, sees the serious look from both of them. Huh vell that is certainly something, so just vhat is this grand adventure you are destined to go on? he says with a gleam in his eye It sounds quite fascinating to be honest.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-29, 02:41 AM
There is nothing serious about Arthur, he is lazy as they come!:smallbiggrin:

Arthur looks to Robin to answer Thormunds question. However she remains silent on the topic. Using her silence as his answer he turns back to Thormund and shrugs.

"Dunno, but it has seriously gotten in the way of my afternoon naps." Robin playfully punches him on the shoulder, a little harder than the gesture would necesetat. He grins in response.

Gman-300
2017-08-29, 08:17 PM
Heh he, you are quite a pair. It vill be quite fun to team up vith you, even if only for a short while. Thormund says as he trudges along with the group.

Srduffman
2017-08-31, 03:21 PM
The four of you trek through the swampy underbrush for about an hour. Thanks to Robins keen eyes and Walthus' sense of direction and knowledge of the swamp, the journey to the goblins camp site goes smoothly. Everyone keep quiet, the goblins will be waking up soon. The village is just up ahead. A filthy village-fort surrounded by a crude wooden palisade sits atop a low hummock of solid ground here. A wooden gate in the north wall of the palisade lies in shambles on the ground. Nearby, a large, algea-filled pool on the northeastern side breaks the palisade and allows a clearer view into the village's interior, which consists of a collection of ramshackle huts connected by wooden walkways, all built on thick wooden stilts. Something's not right... This place looks like wreck, even for goblins standards. As you look onwards, there is not a goblin to be seen. No noise of any kind can be heard and the smell of death and burning flesh fills the air. Buildings lie in ruins and look heavily damaged. The whole village is deathly quiet.

you can't see any goblins upon entering the town. You may keep an open perception to see if things change.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hwMi5OMWjUE/Ube3_1z-NnI/AAAAAAAABX4/o82ugQF1L_Y/s1600/Licktoad+Village+Map.tiff

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-31, 03:24 PM
Arthur [roll0]
Robin [roll1]

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-31, 03:52 PM
"I don't see anything here, I think the tribe is gone."

The sudden break of silence wakes Arthur from his half sleep.
"What's that? Oh, hmm, that's interesting." Arthur ponders for a moment, deciding what the next course of action.

"Well I guess that means our work here is done. Good work everyone, let's go home."

"You're not the least bit curious what happened here?"

"No?

"You don't care that whatever did this could do the same to Sandpoint?

"I mean, the way I see, some other head hunters beat us here. In which case, good job them. Or that another faction wiped them out, be it orcs, knights vegepygmys, what have you. Either way we weren't hired to fight whatever it was."

"So you want to leave just because we weren't asked to fight this threat?"

"Yes?"

"No, get planning, or I'll beat your lazy hide so hard you won't be able to lay down on your favorite tree cause you'll be in so much pain."

"Okay fine, well the place seems deserted, but if it was attacked by another faction we need to decipher who and why. We remain cautious. Robin, I want you to enter and see what you can find, we will follow at a distance. I don't want us getting caught unawares so we should not be using the front entrance. Hmm, let's enter through the South side of the pool."

Srduffman
2017-08-31, 05:13 PM
Without hesitation, Walthus silently agrees to this plan. He walks to the waters edge and begins to wade into the algae filled pool. Swim checks from anyone going through the water (mostly to see how loud you get.) Walthus' stuff. perception check [roll0] stealth check [roll1] swim check [roll2] As quiet as a church mouse Walthus begins to swim across the pool of water. Underneath he spots something. When he reaches the other side he signals to the others to fallow.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-31, 06:37 PM
Robin takes the lead in Arthur's plan moving as close as she can too the wall on land so that she doesn't have to swim for an extended amount of time.

Once she gets across she climbs out of the water as silently as she can. She keeps still to see if anything had triggered from her intrusion before moving southwards to investigate the rubble.

What do you see?

Just to clarify, if Walthus is following the plan, then he is holding back to allow Robin to head forward and scout.
Robin is heading to H8
Robin swim [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]
If I can keep my last perception I will if not, [roll2]

Gman-300
2017-08-31, 08:10 PM
Thormund keeps down and listens to Arthur, keeping an eye out on his surroundings. Hmm, this is quite strange. he thinks to himself as he gets ready for any instructions.
Perception:[roll0] Stealth:[roll1] and if this might help to find out what happened Knowledge Nature:[roll2] awesome, aware of nothing, but nothing is aware of me

Srduffman
2017-08-31, 08:53 PM
Once everyone catches up with the all to egar Walthus, he explains what he spotted in the water. Did any of you see what was lying at the bottom of the pool? Robin nods her head. Bones. A lot of them.

once pointed out to you. You can tell the bones are human. Completly picked clean. As if by magic. No visible teeth marks can be seen. They do look broken and beat up though.

Robin and Arthur look onwards at what was once a shack, that had long since burned to the ground. It is quiet apparent to all that this shack was burned down most likely months ago. Robin begins to keep toward the ruins.

Gman-300
2017-08-31, 09:09 PM
The bones are picked clean, but this was no animal it's too clean, nothing left. It might be magic, they are also quite damaged, broken and beaten. Vhatever is going on here be very careful friends. Thormund whispers to the group a worried look as he pours over the remains.

thegoldenfedora
2017-08-31, 09:18 PM
"Walthus, it serves little point for Robin to serve as scout if you are going to charge ahead of her. I would rather you stay back with us and cover her with your arrows please." Arthur whispers to Walthus once he clambers out of the water.

Please continue to the shack, once you are sure that it is safe you will proceed along to the first path up that you can find. I want the high ground if things go south

"We will standby as Robin investigates the shed, then work our way up to the buildings. Walthus can you move to a position to cover her as she goes to the shed? Mr. Gellius you will be our rear guard until we get inside please."

Gman-300
2017-08-31, 09:26 PM
Of course, I'll keep watch until you give the signal. Thormund nods as he sets up in the rear position.

Srduffman
2017-09-01, 06:49 PM
this is me posting an ooc dm roll [roll0]

As Robin moves towards the burned ruins she spots something out of the corner of her eye. She sees two beedy little eyes peering at her from out of a window a few huts away. As it notices that Robin has seen it, it sucks down out of sight... Or so it thinks. Its pointy ears are too large to properly hide and they stick out in plain sight from the window.

letting you keep the first perception check for robin. She notices a goblin peeking out of a window in hut h9.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hwMi5OMWjUE/Ube3_1z-NnI/AAAAAAAABX4/o82ugQF1L_Y/s1600/Licktoad+Village+Map.tiff

thegoldenfedora
2017-09-01, 07:32 PM
There's goblin over there, the place is not yet deserted. It seems to have hidden from us though.

Has it noticed you?

Yes

That's unfortunate.

"We have been spotted. So far the enemy has taken no action against us. Walthus, keep your now trained on the window" He says motioning to the hut Robin had seen the goblin in. "We will advance up into the huts. Mr. Gellius please take the lead. Walthus you are our rear guard. Robin will finish investigating then join us."

Please finish checking out that room and then follow after us. I don't want any surprises coming up from behind.

Arthur stealth [roll0]

Gman-300
2017-09-01, 09:32 PM
No vorries my friend, I'm off Thormund says as he creeps toward the lead and draws his short sword.
I'll roll stealth again if you want me too Stealth: [roll0]

Srduffman
2017-09-05, 03:05 PM
Thormund begins creeping up to the hut as quietly as he can. Robin and Walthus also manage to reach the hut quietly... However as Arthur attempts to be quiet he can't help but make some minor noise. Enough noise that the goblins ears perk up at the sound of his footsteps. You all hear maniacal giggling coming from within the hut.

thegoldenfedora
2017-09-06, 01:18 PM
"The goblins are going to begin their attack. We will attack first to disorganize them. When they attack move under the huts as we proceed to the ladder. Mr. Gellius, do you think you can fit a bomb into that window? If so do it immediately after the roar.

Robin climb that rubble and attack

Arthur conjures up the memory of the swamp monster's howl, letting it flow through his magic until he summons it in a sudden horrible howl.

Arthur uses ghost sound to mimic the swampy mud persons roar. And continues moving to nearest ladder in sight.
Intimidate [roll0]
Robin climb [roll1]

Gman-300
2017-09-12, 08:27 AM
When the roar goes off, Thormund pulls out his vials and begins to close distance to the huts, taking aim with a gleam in his eyes, he lobs a bomb through the window looking to hit a pair of pointy ears.
Actions: move up to within 30ft and throw a bomb against touch ac Attack:[roll0] Damage: [roll1]