PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Gish Build in need of review

Nosta
2017-08-01, 02:21 PM
Before I Get started I know some will point out I do not have the two feat Requirements for Blade-caster, this is fine as the Gm is allowing me to ignore them.

so for my Build it is

Race: Rakshasa-Spawn (Beastbrood)

Stats are: STR10/Dex18/CON14/INT10/WIS8/Cha16

Classes Taken are Eldritch Scion(4)/Warlord(1)/Bladecaster
Like I said before I want to get into blade-caster Asap

For my magus Arcana I Took Flamboyant Arcana
My two gambits from my warlord level or the flanker one and the unbreakable one

My Feats Are
1 weapon Finesse
3 Deadly Agility
5 Intensified Spell
5 Mithral current style

as for Traits
I took magical knack and practiced initiator

My Maneuver and stances are: Taking what ever martial Tradition Gives Mithral current

1 Scarlet Eye’s Perception (Boost)
2 Strike of Defeat (Strike)
3 Rippling Current (strike)
4 Ride the Wake (Boost)
5 Flowing Creek (Counter)

my stance is Flowing Water Stance

For what is it, how is it? Good? ok? Bad? Awful?

Kurald Galain
2017-08-01, 03:31 PM
I believe I've already mentioned the Magus guide in my sig :)

Good stats to aim for are 17+ on your dexterity, and around 14 on your charisma. For a build like this, you don't generally care about your save DC. Good races include halfling (luck bonus!), tiefling (tail to hold stuff), and kitsune (pounce feat). Flamboyant Arcana is great, or see the aforementioned guide for more options. Eldritch scion does not get bonus feats from his bloodline.

HTH!

Nosta
2017-08-01, 04:58 PM
I believe I've already mentioned the Magus guide in my sig :)

Good stats to aim for are 17+ on your dexterity, and around 14 on your charisma. For a build like this, you don't generally care about your save DC. Good races include halfling (luck bonus!), tiefling (tail to hold stuff), and kitsune (pounce feat). Flamboyant Arcana is great, or see the aforementioned guide for more options. Eldritch scion does not get bonus feats from his bloodline.

HTH!

oh trust me I am using your guide. its very helpful.
I must of missed a Dex and cha Based Tiefling, but your saying there is one?

ok I missed read the bloodline one, would Arcane be a good one, since I am only taking 4 levels of magus I am trying to find the bloodline that gives me the most bang for my buck.

Nosta
2017-08-01, 05:43 PM
Builds down just need a few people input on it

DarthPeleus
2017-08-03, 06:59 AM
Have you considered using the bushi template? (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/bushi-template/)

If you do you can also take Daisho Expertise (https://pathminder.github.io/feats/daisho-expertise/) instead of weapon finesse.

The big question is are you going to be using strikes or full attacks, because I don't believe Battlecaster's Strike is all that compatible with spell combat.

Also if your DM is allowing you to tweak the Bladecaster, see if he will let you maintain stance of arcane steel at the same time as other stances, or add a lvl 10 ability that lets you do that like how the Awakened Blade can.

If you can still use a martial tradition to trade away a discipline after bushi template I recommend Riven Hourglass. Comes with excellent maneuvers/counters/boosts (effectively perma haste as a 3rd lvl maneuver!) and an 8th level stance that gives you an extra move/standard every round.

Are you allowed to use any 3.5 material at all?