PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Falcata Abuse or something

Nosta
2017-08-01, 08:28 PM
so I cam across the falcata in pathfinder and had just seen it on a Tv show the other Day and took a look at first I just the slashing 19/20
but then I saw the crit Multiplier is X3

so I was wondering what's a good build, 20th level that could get the most out of this weapon(s) Duel wield?

Kallimakus
2017-08-02, 01:56 AM
I'm personally a big fan of the Falcata (preferably without needing to burn a feat for proficiency. As a small disclaimer, I don't really play games past level 10, so I have little frame of reference for level 20, but since a falcata is not a light weapon, you take -4 to attacks if you fight with two, which feels significantly worse than dual-wielding any light weapons.

In the context of games I play, I like Swashbuckler (falcata swashbuckler archetype) for 5 levels to gain early Improved Critical. While the class is clearly built to favor Dex-based builds, you lose very little going with Str instead. Equally, very few swashbuckler features (and not that good ones, in my opinion) require you to wear light armor, so you can just switch to something with proficiencies at that point. I guess after that you could go for two-handed fighter or barbarian or something to stack as much static damage (that multiplies on a crit) as possible.

Florian
2017-08-02, 03:30 AM
Basically, Dwarf Fighter (Two-Weapon Warrior) VMC Barbarian all the way. TWF feat chain, Improved Critical feat chain, Cut/Smash from the Air, the dwarves racial feat Steel Soul and Shatterspell, then Extra Rage Power for the whole Superstitious rage power chain. Done.

Psyren
2017-08-02, 11:49 AM
What Florian said, plus Advanced Weapon/Armor Training. I'd also throw in Combat Stamina if it is allowed.

I'm personally a big fan of the Falcata (preferably without needing to burn a feat for proficiency. As a small disclaimer, I don't really play games past level 10, so I have little frame of reference for level 20, but since a falcata is not a light weapon, you take -4 to attacks if you fight with two, which feels significantly worse than dual-wielding any light weapons.

Effortless Lace solves that problem