PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Ideas for PC punishment in Hell's Vengeance? Suggestions for the Future?

wario6543
2017-08-01, 10:48 PM
So my group and I are playing the Hell's Vengeance campaign and we are absolutely stuck on the second book. Through some heavy role-playing, personal vendettas, and a general lack of focus every PC died through their own party treachery except for one. After we took a break and made all new characters my PCs finally decided to focus on the tasks given to them by Fex. My PCs do well for a few sessions and then finally get to the last raid. The group then decides to avoid every single encounter in Valor's Fastness by using an invisibility spell and sneaking through the entirety of the hold. The PCs get to Oppian and the Angel and get their butts handed to them. They end up running away from the encounter, which I let them do.

I honestly don't think I should give them another crack at it, for many reasons. However, I need to think of an good in game punishment for the PCs in light of their failure. So that is why I am here. What do you guys think would be an adequate punishment for such a monumental failure?

While I am here, are there any suggestions to spicing up the 3rd book of Hell's Vengeance? My party loves heavy RP and the opportunities look few and far between in the third book while they wander the forest.

Thanks in Advance!!