PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Half Succubus Paladin/Cleric/War priest/ Hunter of the Dead

Arzul
2017-08-02, 12:17 AM
Half Succubus Paladin/Cleric/War priest/Hunter of the Dead

Hey Guys,

The Dm said the group needs a better healer than our newbie cleric who does more battle priest role and swings his sword than healing the group, i took the Cloak of Charisma but its been modified to an adamantine thread cloak of charisma which adds to my ac and gives a damage reduction of 2 and i got an amulet of health which got my hp to 109, i'm also using a war maul warhammer from the arms and armor 3.5 book, taking feats augment healing, spurn death's touch, combat casting, taking the lecherous flaw to get the shape spell metamagic feat, my armor is double plate and using a +1 steel buckler, though i have a ring of metamagic that allows me to use any metamagic on my spells, so i need some other item ideas ? any help would be great, also was level 7 but Dm gave me a level since the group leveled up so i am currently 8th level.

Also my stats have changed Str 18,Dex 13, Con 19, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 24
i forgot the + 2 to dex and the neg 2 to wisdom and the neg 4 to strength but the rings on my wings where they attach is a + 4 to strength so that negates the strength problem. Probably should have said that this is a gestalt campaign and i think i'll use my ninth level to take a dip into bard/fighter to use the dove harp and a bonus feat besides the perks of being a fighter.

Basically i am looking for items that will help me tell how low on health my party members are and healing items.

Angelmaker
2017-08-03, 02:24 AM
Spells like deathwath are a good start, however why not simply use the heal skill? Arguing to your dm that a high enough heal skill should automatically allow you to know if a creature is at 3/4 health or any fraction of a quarter should not be unreasonable ( because I have done and allowed exactly that in the past ). Knowing the exact amount of hitpoints doesn't seem really helpful to me with a bit of system knowledge.

E.g. Knowing a barbarian has lots of health and is at 3/4 health means he needs about the dame amount of healing as a nearly dying wizard.

On a realted note: did the other cleric KNEW he was supposed to be healfocused? Did he agree to making a healer? Usually healing is weaker than dealing damage, so if your other cleric is blasting unless someone is really about to die, he is actually doing everything right. Out of combat healing is usually a better idea than healing in combat.

Arzul
2017-08-03, 02:29 AM
Spells like deathwath are a good start, however why not simply use the heal skill? Arguing to your dm that a high enough heal skill should automatically allow you to know if a creature is at 3/4 health or any fraction of a quarter should not be unreasonable. Knowing the exact amount of hitpoints doesn't seem really helpful to me with a bit of system knowledge.

E.g. Knowing a barbarian has lots of health and is at 3/4 health means he needs about the dame amount of healing as a nearly dying wizard.

well the 3rd level of war priest gets as spell like ability mass cure light wounds would help if i could use deathwatch that is on an item instead of a spell so i wouldn't have to use the spell slot

Angelmaker
2017-08-03, 09:09 PM
You can divine metamagic persist deathwath very easily ( if nightsticks ) or get an artificer to create a slotless item with persistent deathwatch, i think. But i dont know the item creation rules. Also deathwatch is quite inaccurate. Read the spell description.

Since you didnt talk about the alternatives i brought up, you seem to be fixed about this idea of yours? Generally stepping on someones toe's is ill advised.

Arzul
2017-08-04, 05:04 PM
You can divine metamagic persist deathwath very easily ( if nightsticks ) or get an artificer to create a slotless item with persistent deathwatch, i think. But i dont know the item creation rules. Also deathwatch is quite inaccurate. Read the spell description.

Since you didnt talk about the alternatives i brought up, you seem to be fixed about this idea of yours? Generally stepping on someones toe's is ill advised.

well i am sorry and i have been trying to find the item i had set out before for a dragonborn cleric that is a bracelet your allies wear and lets you know there where abouts and their status

Demidos
2017-08-04, 05:29 PM
I vaguely remember the item -- I think it was called a bracelet of friendship or something, but I didn't see it when I googled it briefly. I do know that the spell it keys off is either the aforementioned Deathwatch or a cleric spell called Status. If you have a digital copy of the Magic Items Compendium, I'd try ctrl-F for those spells in there.

Arzul
2017-08-04, 07:35 PM
I vaguely remember the item -- I think it was called a bracelet of friendship or something, but I didn't see it when I googled it briefly. I do know that the spell it keys off is either the aforementioned Deathwatch or a cleric spell called Status. If you have a digital copy of the Magic Items Compendium, I'd try ctrl-F for those spells in there.

so far i haven't found it in the book but i found the relic shard of the sun which seems useful maybe it can be my buckler lol