PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a 3rd party Poison handbook

Scryangi
2017-08-02, 06:26 PM
*SOLVED*

Good day, everyone. A long time ago I had a copy of a book about poison. Alas, I lost it 2 moves ago, and I can't even recall the name. It was a very original and creative work, and I hope to be able to get a new copy.

It had the most memorable opening: Nils (I think), tells us how he got on the path of mastering poison. He found a web in his father's barn filled with little red creatures, glistening in the sun. He let one climb on his hand, and proudly showed it off to his father, who raged at him and promptly smacked the creature dead. Furious and sad, Nils neglected to tell his father about the nest. The next day, his father died due to the spiders in their nest. His father had always been this giant insurmountable fixture in his life, yet that day, Nils learned that a creature the size of a speck could bring even such a person down if only they have the right tools.

The book described poison as the weapon of the weak. The equalizer that lets insects and plants live. It's what let's human tribes survive in the jungle--there was even a Poison Domain for tribal clerics. It also had rules to make magic poisons, and a very special spell that allowed one to use a poisoned victim to divine the killer, and turn the poison back on them. It also had a philosophical text on why poison should not be considered evil, since by definition, poison is any substance that interferes with the workings of a body. If so, then what is the difference with using a silver weapon on a werewolf? Or a paladin dipping his sword into his own blood to harm a devil? As far as the book was concerned, poison was no more evil than a weapon, and unlike a sword, it has many more uses.

Anyway, I would really like it if someone could tell me the name of this book.

Thank you in advance. :)

Morof Stonehands
2017-08-02, 08:21 PM
Poisoncraft: The Dark Arts
by Justin Jacobson
Blue Devil Games

Bullet06320
2017-08-03, 01:47 AM
this maybe
Pale Designs A Poisoners Handbook D20
https://www.amazon.com/Pale-Designs-Poisoners-Handbook-System/dp/0971439281/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501742806&sr=8-1&keywords=Pale+Designs+A+Poisoners+Handbook+D20+Sys tem

Scryangi
2017-08-03, 06:59 AM
YES! Thank you everyone. I shall definitely look at the other too. ^-^