PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question Conventions

darjr
2017-08-03, 01:15 AM
Can I post about conventions in the gamers seeking gamers?

I don't see a place specifically marked as OK for posting about conventions.

Thanks!

Algeh
2017-08-03, 05:59 PM
I see convention posts sometimes in Friendly Banter. These tend to be discussion around who will be at a given con and advice for con-goers type of posts.

Recent example threads:

Ropecon 28.-30.7.2017 - Finnish RPG Con (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529655-Ropecon-28-30-7-2017-Finnish-RPG-Con)

GenCon 50 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?530705-GenCon-50)

Rockphed
2017-08-03, 08:52 PM
Are you looking for gamers to join your game at a convention (or looking for a game at a particular convention)? Then I think you have found the right place to post. Whether or not anyone else thinks to look there for that sort of thing, I don't know. It might also be possible to start a thread in the recruiting games section specifically for games at the convention you are looking for interest in.

darjr
2017-08-04, 10:46 PM
I'm organizing D&D AL at a convention and running a ton of games there. Also at another one close by, and at Game Hole Con.

Nuke-Con is one of my local conventions I organize for and we've got an Admin and two Epics this year. I'm trying to get the word out and find folks out in the woods that might want to join us.

Not sure if I can post something like that in gamers seeking gamers.

Rockphed
2017-08-04, 11:53 PM
I know that people have been told that they can post in the "Finding Players (Recruitment)" forum for any game, even games that end up being held places that aren't this forum (whether they be meat-space, skype, some other forum, or even carrier-pigeon.) On the other hand, people have posted threads about cons and meet-ups in "Friendly Banter" before. If you are sure that your post isn't going to run afoul of the rules (the one I would worry about would be advertising, but you know your situation better than I do), posting in whichever you feel is more appropriate is the general guidance for these sorts of situations.

If the mods decide it belongs somewhere else, they'll move it. If you decide after posting that it belongs somewhere else, just report the first post with something along the lines of "Please move this to x-forum. I think it would be better housed there." If it is an edge case or really subtle, including some supporting reasons will probably speed up the process.

darjr
2017-08-05, 11:16 AM
OK. thanks folks!

I also think I found a new forum to hang out in.