PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Retaining, or gaining back a con score while being undead

thecrimsondawn
2017-08-03, 11:09 AM
Is there any way to do this?

DM is making me make an alt and is allowing me to pull some ridiculous **** since my main took the GM plot device way ahead of the party :p

You can count any content in pathfinder, so long as you have a valid source for me to reference.

Loosing my CON score negates my ability to have regeneration, and I want both regen and fast healing (provided they stack healing wise per turn) so trying to figure out ways if any to count as having a con score, or some other method to allow regeneration.

Currently using various playtests and content DSP has going on to make a...*takes a deep breath*
Crimson Countess Harbinger template Human with the Vampire and Warewolf templates, going into the Greater Vampire and Greater Warewolf prestige classes, using Unquiet Grave and Chimera*Soul*Disciplines!
*exhales*

Oh btw, if anyone has any other ridiculous ideas I can add onto this thing, I would love to hear it :3

Azoth
2017-08-03, 12:02 PM
I can't think of any way to get a con score while undead/or retain your con score while becoming undead.

That is a lot of weirdness going into one build, and I am betting someone has watched Underworld lately for the idea to even come up.

It seems like a very thematic character, and not one that cares overly much for optimization. For no increase in adjusted CR, but tons of fun messing with people, Young + Advanced templates add a bunch of creepiness to this sort of character. Works better on Dex builds obviously.

Also, for upping natural attacks, you can implant as many Fleshwarped Scorpion Whips into a character as you want. Have fun being an undead werewolf that stabs people to death with a half dozen Scorpion tails.

chimaeraUndying
2017-08-03, 12:13 PM
I don't have an answer to your actual question, and some quick Googling doesn't reveal anything that would seem to work. Maybe BoEd or BoVD might have something (they're the usual haunts for kooky stuff like this), but they're both 3.5.

That said, I've still got... other... ideas...

Currently using various playtests and content DSP has going on to make a...*takes a deep breath*
Crimson Countess Harbinger template Human with the Vampire and Werewolf templates, going into the Greater Vampire and Greater Warewolf prestige classes, using Unquiet Grave and Chimera*Soul*Disciplines!

Oh btw, if anyone has any other ridiculous ideas I can add onto this thing, I would love to hear it :3

Might want to look into Monstrous Lycanthrope instead of Werewolf, for the simple reason that it's got one of the most amazingly busted lines in one of the least expected places:

The base creature’s type does not change, but does gain the shapechanger subtype and the subtypes of the base monster even if they conflict with the base creature. The lycanthrope gains all the abilities of the gained subtypes in all of its forms.

Now, this might not seem that great, until you consider that you can use something like an Arbiter Inevitable as the "base monster" for Monstrous Lycanthrope, which then grants you the Extraplanar, Inevitable, and Lawful subtypes. It's really the middle one that's of interest, because it gives you a grab bag of build insanity:

Inevitables are construct-like outsiders built by the axiomites to enforce law.

Inevitables have the following traits:

Low-light vision
Constructed (Ex): Although inevitables are living outsiders , their bodies are constructed of physical components, and in many ways they function as constructs. For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger’s favored enemy and bane weapons), inevitables count as both outsiders and constructs. They are immune to death effects, disease, mind-affecting effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stun, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless). Inevitables are not subject to nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain. They are not at risk of death from massive damage. They have bonus hit points as constructs of their size.
Saves: An inevitable’s good saving throws are Fortitude and Will.
Skills: In addition to the class skills all outsiders have, inevitables have Acrobatics, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Survival as class skills.
Regeneration (Ex): Inevitables have regeneration /chaotic. The regeneration amount varies by the type of inevitable.
Truespeech (Su): An inevitable can speak with any creature that has a language, as if using a tongues spell (caster level 14th). This ability is always active.

That gives you basically all the Undead immunities and some degree of Regeneration (2 for an Arbiter). Monstrous Lycanthrope also gives you all the feats of the base monster, so you'd be getting Flyby Attack and Weapon Finesse (which you can retrain to something more useful).

Now, if you really want to build a cheese tower that reaches the moon, stick on Wyrmskull. This template requires a base creature with the Dragon type, which Pathfinder is.. somewhat lacking in when it comes to playable races. There are two third-party ones I could find, "Dragon (Taninim)" from Rite Publishing's In the Company of Dragons, and Dragonkin from Kobold Press's Midguard Campaign Setting. Now, the latter of the two doesn't actually have a listed type (thanks, SRD transcription people!) but you might be able to persuade your DM that they should be typed as Dragon, what with them being called "dragonkin" and all.

Anyway, Wyrmskull does make you Undead, so you'd lose the regeneration from Monstrous Lycanthrope, but you do get a whole lot of nice things in exchange (largely, dropping you two size categories and giving you a fly speed). What's more handy about it is that it has negative CR determined by your character's dragon age category (up to a whopping -5), which lets you nab even more effectively free templates. Go wild.

thecrimsondawn
2017-08-03, 02:46 PM
@Azoth, you would think so, but actually not! lol. I had the LotW playtest doc in my pdf folder and I clicked on that instead of LotN that has vampires and stuff. Considering I never even looked at the LotW playtest shy of the first time I saw it, that caused the gears to start turning.

@chimaeraUndying Your name is oddly fitting for this post in so many ways :p
I see what you are getting at. A lot of RAW is what makes the game fun for me (and one of the many core reasons 3.5 was shattered into the most broken thing ever created) so I love ideas like this!.

Ive been doing my own research since I made this thread and I keep coming up with conflicts and difficulties, but then again as it was said - this is not meant to be optimized, its meant to be utterly ridiculous and cheesy. Being undead negates my CON score, but by that same token, it makes CON a dump stat now and instead makes everything go off of CHA instead. While regeneration is negated, I am thinking perhaps I should let this idea die since there seems to be nothing on that - BUT, I say that due to the fact that I will already have fast healing to begin with, as well as DR silver, and a bite and claw attack that gives me a temp hp bubble I can keep up for more or less ever.

The thing I am pondering now however, is what base class do I want?
Crimson Countess I thought was a good idea since it was vampire-ish. However its blood healing ability sort of overlaps with vampire a bit, and its damage is kinda null and void class feature wise. The largest issue is the INT initiator mod.

so I got to looking, the next one that caught my eye was the Stalker archetype Brutal Slayer. It trades some of its crazy dodgy stuff and deadly strike damage for crazy DR and temp hp and a heavy focus on STR (making dex a dump stat too) The two downsides here tho are a WIS initiator mod (much better then INT for this guy), and a med BAB.

another idea I have is to just drop the martial arts idea and go Invulnerable Rager Barbarian archetype, simplifying my build a lot by focusing on crazy DR. Also stacking this archetype with the LotN barbarian archetype would fix the bonus to CON issue. This too has downsides as the DR build for barbarian is hyper feat intensive, and I really want some of those shifting feats I saw (5 of them for synergy)

The final thing I am currently thinking on is perhaps hunting down a CHA based initiator, such as warlord, or zealot, but my next serious build is ironically going to be a multi class of those two.

Well.... at least I have till Wed to figure this out.

More ideas are still welcome tho! :D