PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying 979 year old city/demiplane, what has invaded its walls

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-08-03, 01:32 PM
So I have a 979 year old city built in a genesis power that is just as old. I need help creating a history for the city. I already have a undead plauge fleshed out, ish.
Looking for things that would have left marks, like rebellions and famine times, outbreak ect.

The only entrance to the plane is a sacred grove guarded by 100 druid catfolk. The only way to activate the planar travel is to speak sanctuary in feline (language only known to tibbits) but the problem is after that the areas planar travel is activated for 7 days. So things can invade.

Cat's alley (the plane) is home to many catfolk and tibbits. They come and go from the plane freely, the plane is 51,200 feet large, the planefolds into itself to where if you walked one direction long enough you would be teleported to the other side. It has one city, Paw and in the center of the city is a stronghold known as PS. The plane is ruled as an absolute monarchy. One emperor and one empress. The empress lay higher in the monarchy though. Both of the are legends created by bast, goddess of cats. Outside of Paw lay large farms and ranches. MILK FOR EVERYONE!!!

Paw
Large City, Psionic, Magical, Conventional
Alignment , mainly Neutral leaning Chaotic
60,000 gp limit
80,600,000gp assets
Population (living) 20,100, 50% tibbit, 49% catfolk, 1%awakened cats
Population (undead) 1,000, 10% dread wraiths, 20% greater shadows, 30% waiths, 40% shadows
Architecture; Victorian
Layout, one main rode leads into the city and the citideal residing in the middle. Towards the out walls of the city lives the red districts, the closer you get to the middle the more Psionic and wealthy merchants you will find. Surrounding the center is the education centers, libraries, local labratories, and Psionic centers.

Zsaber0
2017-08-03, 01:41 PM
Pathfinder or 3.5?

AnimeTheCat
2017-08-03, 01:42 PM
Totally Illithids. With a strong psionic presence, an illithid could feasibly capture a tibbit, fead on it's brain, and learn feline. Create an army or other illithids, and invade.

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-08-03, 01:58 PM
Pathfinder or 3.5?

Totally Illithids. With a strong psionic presence, an illithid could feasibly capture a tibbit, fead on it's brain, and learn feline. Create an army or other illithids, and invade.
can illithids learn drudric through brain eating. If not then it can't work. Is do then I will gladly add it in

Zsaber0
2017-08-03, 02:17 PM
So one of the things I love about 3.5 genesis is that it specifically mentions that the demiplane it creates is coterminus with the ethereal plane which means any sufficiently determined individual/organization can force their way into the demiplane from the ethereal plane.

This opens so many doors for you in terms of who can attack and from where.

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-08-03, 02:54 PM
So one of the things I love about 3.5 genesis is that it specifically mentions that the demiplane it creates is coterminus with the ethereal plane which means any sufficiently determined individual/organization can force their way into the demiplane from the ethereal plane.

This opens so many doors for you in terms of who can attack and from where. I don't see anything about the ethereal plane in there?
The only thing i see as of accessing it is this.

Once your demiplane is created, you can travel to it using astral caravan, plane shift, or some other power or permanent link that you arrange for separately.
So yea, someone specifically looking for it could go there.... but why? They would also need to know its there, right?

Blackhawk748
2017-08-03, 03:06 PM
So yea, someone specifically looking for it could go there.... but why? They would also need to know its there, right?

Correct, but if you know its there you have a second avenue in.

Zsaber0
2017-08-03, 03:09 PM
At the very top of the spell in the basic info it says,

Effect:A demiplane coterminous with the Ethereal Plane, centered on your location

Also, why would anyone assault a random druid grove for no reason. They probably know something is there. Maybe there is a powerful relic in the demiplane. Who knows, that's up to you.

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-08-03, 03:24 PM
At the very top of the spell in the basic info it says,

Also, why would anyone assault a random druid grove for no reason. They probably know something is there. Maybe there is a powerful relic in the demiplane. Who knows, that's up to you.
Thanks, i found a reason... The grove is no longer protected. Adventures find it after seeing a catfolk enter. brings more adventures. envasion

Also, it says Astral unless there was an errata (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesis.htm)

Zsaber0
2017-08-03, 03:38 PM
That's the psionic power, I was using the spell. Either works since it's still coterminus. Psionics makes using the astral plane just as easy as magic makes using the ethereal plane.

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-08-03, 04:20 PM
That's the psionic power, I was using the spell. Either works since it's still coterminus. Psionics makes using the astral plane just as easy as magic makes using the ethereal plane.
I guess its time to go to war against the Githyanki! that makes since though right, having an ongoing war against the githyanki

Zsaber0
2017-08-03, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Githyanki are isolationist in nature and won't seek out a war with this random cat demiplane. But in the end that's up to you, all you need for anything to do anything is a reason.

D&DPrinceTandem
2017-08-03, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty sure Githyanki are isolationist in nature and won't seek out a war with this random cat demiplane. But in the end that's up to you, all you need for anything to do anything is a reason.
I beilieve that is the GIthzeria, not Githyanki. Githyanki are war like.

Crake
2017-08-03, 05:29 PM
can illithids learn drudric through brain eating. If not then it can't work. Is do then I will gladly add it in

Anyone with 8 levels in loremaster could learn both feline and druidic through their bonus languages, since there's no limitation on what languages you can learn. So really there's no limit on what could invade the city. And yes, an illithid savant could learn practically any of your skills and abilities through devouring your brain.