PDA

View Full Version : Desk/Computer Chair

El'the Ellie
2017-08-03, 02:17 PM
Hi! I'm looking for a computer desk and an office-y chair of some type because I'm tired of playing computer games and working on my couch and coffee table (and probably doing untold damage to my wrists, back, and neck)

What do you guys use? Are you happy with the quality and price?

Aedilred
2017-08-03, 06:29 PM
Hi! I'm looking for a computer desk and an office-y chair of some type because I'm tired of playing computer games and working on my couch and coffee table (and probably doing untold damage to my wrists, back, and neck)

What do you guys use? Are you happy with the quality and price?

The best desk chair I have is at my parents' house which was apparently from Staples in 2001 (having just checked the label, which has now fallen off and lost all its stickiness so won't go back on). I imagine it is probably not made any more, and if I remember rightly it was fairly expensive.

In my flat I have a Torkel chair from IKEA. It's an absolute steal compared to chairs with similar comfort and support, and has been fine for my purposes. But I've only had it for a couple of weeks and it might fall apart within a year.

The chair in my office is not very good and I have noticed my back getting worse in the time I've been there. Part of that I think is down to the pneumatic canister which steadily sinks the longer you sit in it. About once an hour you realise you're looking up at the computer screen and your body is contorted into a weird position, and have to reset the chair. I'm not sure where it's from, though.