PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Dragonscale Throne- Kingmaker

ArendK
2017-08-03, 04:00 PM
So I'm starting a Kingmaker campaign and due to all the funkiness of the second half of the AP, I've decided to re-write it. After reading up on Brevoy, it struck me as a nice Game of Thrones ripoff even down to some of the house sayings and backgrounds (Surtova = Lannister, Rogarvia = Targaryen). I liked it and want to expand on it. I don't want to do a direct rip-off (House Garess being known for Mountains? So damn tempting to just put a "Mountain" placeholder character there). But I'm looking for ways to expand on it within the Pathfinder setting.

So using magic and the deities; what are some interesting NPC's concepts that can interact with the party meaningfully or just be passed by if they desire that reflect the style of GoT without being a blatant ripoff?

I'll offer one I came up with

Narys Surtova- A lesser cousin in the Surtova family, Narys is a strong swordsman and dangerous soldier mixing steel and spell (magus). A practical, bordering on cruel man, he is always accompanied by Skitters, a ratfolk servant in some kind of debt to Narys and the Surtova family. Skitters' family has served Surtova for several centuries, and is not only his Narys servant, but his bodyguard (Ninja would be cool, but rogue or slayer I think more fitting).---I was personally thinking a fun easy to roleplay as a GM combination of Kreacher from Harry Potter Narys feels disdain at being sent to this upstart of a wannabe kingdom as the envoy of House Surtova, but will complete his duties and offer his counsel as he is directed.