View Full Version : Pathfinder Just need a few feat ideas

Nosta
2017-08-03, 05:55 PM
so I have a hidden blade/ unchained rogue
ECL 6 my last build before the game starts
and I need a couple idea for feats

I am half/elf

and have chosen to take Mithral current style at third level

how ever I need ideas for my 1st and 5th level feat.

I am using a rapier as my weapon

Ellrin
2017-08-03, 08:36 PM
It might help if you told us what feats you're already planning on taking.

Nosta
2017-08-03, 09:45 PM
It might help if you told us what feats you're already planning on taking.

eh? I did though....but ok

1st level?? sure (I am half-elf so no bonus feat)
3rd level is Mithral current style so I can feint as a swift action using Dance.
5th level I am unsure

I am ECL6

so I am unsure what to take.

Geddy2112
2017-08-03, 10:06 PM
Improved initiative is never a bad choice if you are simply lacking options.Since you are half elf and have free skill focus, consider eldritch heritage, you can use it to nab a familiar(and a greater eventually). Weapon focus is okay, but not great. There are several decent rogue talents, so picking up an extra talent is never bad.

Ellrin
2017-08-04, 01:56 AM
eh? I did though....but ok

1st level?? sure (I am half-elf so no bonus feat)
3rd level is Mithral current style so I can feint as a swift action using Dance.
5th level I am unsure

I am ECL6

so I am unsure what to take.

Oh, sorry, must have missed that line.

As a rogue, you're generally going to want to go pretty close to the start of the initiative line, so I'll echo Geddy's suggestion for Improved Initiative. Since you're an unchained rogue, I'm going to assume your primary stat will be Dex? Combat Reflexes is always a decent choice for a high Dex melee combatant, though you can sort of get that through the Mithral Current stance Ready the Draw--not sure if you intend to take that, or use it much if you do. As for other suggestions, it really sort of depends on what you want to be doing most in and out of combat. You could focus on debuffing using combat maneuvers (for which you'd want the appropriate Improved feats), for instance, or improve your skills with Skill Focus or the like.

souridealist
2017-08-04, 05:04 PM
What are your base stats going to look like? If you get a decent amount of damage from strength, you might want Improved Critical (Rapier), because a 15-20 crit range is spectacularly fun, but if all your damage is sneak attack there's really no point.

I agree that Improved Initiative is always handy for a rogue, and IME Weapon Focus and Dodge are rarely wrong. Plus they're both prerequisites for a whole bunch of things, so they open up options. I've never played with Path of War, though, so that may change things?

Tuvarkz
2017-08-05, 01:08 PM
Extra Readied maneuver, as the archetype maneuver progression will end up cutting you quite short, and Victorious Recovery (given Gambits getting nerfed hard) are solid choices. Discipline Focus could also be a thing if you need the extra damage and DC increase.