PDA

View Full Version : how to get the most out of dragon cohort

Baby Gary
2017-08-03, 06:31 PM
I am wondering what the best dragon cohort I can have is. the character that would be most likely to use this is a silver brow human so this would work thematically IF the dragon is a silver dragon. so I have a couple questions. 1) what is the best dragon cohort, 2) how good is a silver dragon cohort, and 3) how worth it is this feat and what is the best level to take it at.

P.S. base leadership score at 9th level is 17 (8 cha), probably will have 25 by 12th

Gelcur
2017-08-03, 10:24 PM
So I would say in general most dragons are equal, some are a bit better Battle Dragons have a good reputation and technically a Dragonwrought kobold with the right build counts as a true dragon. But I would say you have a good theme with the silver dragon so go with it.

I do see a problem though your leadership score of 17 lets ypu have a 12th level cohort, you are only level 9 which caps normal cohorts to level 7, and the dragon cohort feat to level 10. A wyrmling silver dragon is ECL 11, 7HD+4LA, so the soonest you could get it would be level 10. So maybe you take the feat at 9 and the DM has you find an egg to hatch next level, that could be cool.

I like my cohorts to complement my main character so maybe a bit more info would help with making further suggestions.

Kaleph
2017-08-04, 08:15 AM
A pseudodragon with class levels as an Ardent. The cutie counts as ECL 1, although it has 2 HD, so with practiced manifester it gets 9's at ECL 16. In addition, it gets a boost to wisdom, it's tiny, and unbelievably sweet.

Baby Gary
2017-08-04, 04:13 PM
A pseudodragon with class levels as an Ardent. The cutie counts as ECL 1, although it has 2 HD, so with practiced manifester it gets 9's at ECL 16. In addition, it gets a boost to wisdom, it's tiny, and unbelievably sweet.

I like that, I could get that at level 13 though.