PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Swashbuckler Multi-classing Help/Discussion

PepeLePwned
2017-08-04, 09:47 AM
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on GITP, but I know there are some wise folks on here and I wanted your help and opinions!!!

So to the issue at hand! Currently I'm playing a Rogue Swashbuckler, and am about to reach 6th level. However, I'm consider multi-classing but have 3 other classes I'm considering, but not having a ton of experience in multi-classing I wanted all of your help to pick the best/most viable options for this change.

- Option #1 - I'm considering is going down is a Swashbuckler/Vengeance Paladin split. I'm considering doing a Rogue 5/Paladin 15 split. Choosing either the Dueling or Defense Fighting Style.

- Option #2 - Next I'm looking at dipping into Fighter (Battle Master), I think the split would be Rogue 9/Fighter 11. If I go this route I'm looking at going at taking the Dual Wielder Feat and taking the Two Weapon Fighting Style, and would be using dual Daggers and Rapiers.

- Option #3 - This is the option I'm probably considering the least because the class is a homebrew and our DM has little experience with homebrewed material, and I don't want to ruin the balance of the game with some unforeseen over powered theme of the class. However, the class and archetypes within the homebrew go really well thematically with my character. If I went this route I probably do a Rogue 5/Spellblade 15. I can't share the URL yet because I'm brand new on here but if you going to the Unearthed Arcana Subreddit and search for The Spellblade, and click on version 1.4 it'll be there.

Hope that gives enough information for me to pick your brains, almost any advise is welcome, as there's a lot to 5e that I'm still learning myself and multiclassing alone will be a new experience! So what do you think would be the best, viable and also most fun of the options?
Thanks

Specter
2017-08-04, 10:23 AM
Both Pally and Fighter are good for rogues, but remember you need 13STR to multiclass into pally. That being said...

- If I went for Pally, I'd do Rog9/Pal11.
- If I went Fighter, I'd do Fig8/Rog12 (that will give you more ASIs than anyone).
- Aim for Rogue 7 in any case; that gets you more Expertise, +1d6 sneak and evasion, which will save you many times.