PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favourite Pokemon?

emperor_mai
2007-08-09, 03:54 PM
Whats your favourite pokemon? I for one, like pikachu and hate evrything after the second generation.

TheBoneSplitter
2007-08-09, 04:09 PM
It seems like Zapdos saved my entire Leaf Green game when I was trying to actually win the game, so I pick that one.

CrazedGoblin
2007-08-09, 04:13 PM
Mainly bug Pokémon my favorite is Butterfree/Beedrill cant decide beetween them.:smalltongue:

Hate all these new ones though, the writers are letting their imaginations run away abit i think

Zeful
2007-08-09, 04:16 PM
Well my favorites would be:
1st gen: Pikachu or Nidoking
2nd gen: Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
3rd gen: Aggron

Haven't played the 4th gen games but I aggree that they're getting really out of hand.

Maryring
2007-08-09, 04:20 PM
My favourite has always been and will always be Pikachu.

From 2nd generation it is Pichu.

From 3rd generation it is... difficult. Plusle, Minun and Gardevoir share the top spots.

From 4th generation... Lucario. I have only seen it as an image, but I instantly fell in love with it. Don't know why, but it rocks, somehow.

Green Bean
2007-08-09, 04:39 PM
Well, my favourite 1st generation was Articuno. I was probably a bit too much into it; I had an honest to goodness flow-chart that apparently proved that it was the most powerful Pokemon in the game. Good times.

4th gen would have to be Rotom. It's an electric ghost! What's not to like? :smallbiggrin:

PlatinumJester
2007-08-09, 04:42 PM
My Vaporeon/Venasaur combo pwned. I ractically owned my entire primary school with those 2. My friend even tried to use a thunder and fire combo (Zapdos/charizard) and I still owned him. Those 2 pokemon were my loyal soldiers.

As for the new pokemon they suck.

Seffbasilisk
2007-08-09, 04:57 PM
Geodude was always my favorite.

In the game, I usually ended up favoring Nidoking or Mr. Mime. Had a wicked Electabuzz craze for a while though.

Not much for after 1st gen.

magicwalker
2007-08-09, 04:58 PM
Snorlax!

He brings out the hedonist in me.

AslanCross
2007-08-09, 04:58 PM
Tossup between Dragonite and Tyranitar.

13_CBS
2007-08-09, 05:00 PM
Wait, shouldn't this be in that Games section, wherever that is? :smallconfused:

In any case, I liked Hitmonchan when I was a lad, despite Red version Fighter type monsters being rather weak...

Reel On, Love
2007-08-09, 05:01 PM
I loathe all Pokemon with a hate so hot and intense, it turns coal into diamonds.

SDF
2007-08-09, 05:11 PM
I always liked Dragonite when I was young... but I think my favorite is Clefable.

Aeyamar
2007-08-09, 05:12 PM
1st gen: I loved this generation, and it certainly gets its due for creating the games. Put the ghost/poison types were really stupid and there was a lack of several move types (e.g. Dragon, Ghost, Bug) so Psychic types were ridiculously overpowered. My favorite form this one was Blastoise - who incidentally was also my very first pokemon

2nd Gen: I didn't like this one that much. There were too many new, yet completely pointless pokemon that didn't really do anything special such as Unown, Girafarig, and any of those baby pokemon. My favorite from this one is definitely Scizor - The most badass pokemon in the entire game

3rd Gen: I liked quite a few from this generation. And I liked alot of the new type combinations they added here. My favorite in this set is probably Flygon - I thought the new dragon/ground combination was kinda neat

4th Gen: I liked the fact that there were a whole lot of new type combinations but alot of them seemed kind of contrived like the Ice/Grass one. I also hate the fact that there are very few new evolution lines,too many of the new guys are just evolved or baby forms of old pokemon. Also alot of them require you to do something special for them to evolve. Not to mention the fact that there are around ten different legendaries in this game. My favorite of this one is probably Dialga I had been waiting for them to make a Dragon/Steel type since before th third gen games came out.

I feel like I definitely wrote too much here.

LCR
2007-08-09, 05:45 PM
Oooh, definitely the one that just can't stop saying his own name, like it was mildly retarded. But maybe minor brain damage is just what you get if random children force you to fight your own species

Try dog fighting. It's at least as relaxing, there are (usually) no children involved and yes, there's real blood.

Totally Guy
2007-08-09, 05:59 PM
Koffing. He looked like a planet and poisoned things.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-09, 06:11 PM
*refuses to admit that he at one point liked pokemon*
*gives in*

First generation: Blastoise. Or Mewtwo. What? What's wrong with being a munchkin?

Second: Lugia

Third: Stopped playing long before it came out

Fourth: They have a fourth generation?! People are still playing this?!

Vonriel
2007-08-09, 06:15 PM
:smallsigh: I give in. I gotta post it :smalltongue:

First generation: Sandslash or Scyther

Second generation: Never really played it

Third generation: Sandslash

Fourth generation: What SurlySeraph said

StickMan
2007-08-09, 06:36 PM
Got to go with Oddish here. I just like him no in game reason what so ever. He is good though.

Lykan
2007-08-09, 06:43 PM
Aggron.

He'll eat your face if you don't like him.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-09, 07:42 PM
Vaporeon is my best. Charmander, though, is painfuly cute. Stopped watching/haven't played past the second generation.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-08-09, 07:44 PM
Quagsire. :D

B-Man
2007-08-09, 07:46 PM
Favourite Pokémon from 1st Gen: Flareon
Favourite from the 2nd: Espeon
Favourite from 3rd: Gardevior

And I haven't seen any from the 4th.

SDF
2007-08-09, 07:48 PM
Jolteon was always my favorite Eevee evo. I don't know if they made any other evos for it after G/S/C

Madmal
2007-08-09, 07:53 PM
1st Generation: Sandlash,Abra & evolutions, Raichu, Gastly & Evolutions, Dratini & Evolutions
2nd Generation: Totodile & Evolutions, Gligar
3rd Generation: Trecko & Evolutions

i mostly liked pokemon that can be considered as annoying; hard to hit, few weaknesses, continual damage (Toxic FTW!).

Zeful
2007-08-09, 07:53 PM
There's two more a plant type and an ice type.

It's sad really

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-09, 07:56 PM
1st: Articuno. Mainly because I was a munchkin back then and Articuno looked cool. And Bulbasaur and evolutions, cause' he was my first starting one.

2nd: There was a second generation? Hahahaha.

3rd: And a third? Seriously. Who plays this? It's pathetic.

4th: :smallannoyed: Are you kidding me? *leaves*

Reinboom
2007-08-09, 07:59 PM
2nd Gen: ... yet completely pointless pokemon that didn't really do anything special ... Girafarig

Had to crop out to this, girafarig does serve a point. It's normal/psychic - and few people seam to remember this. :smalltongue:

Anyways, my most favored pokemon from each gen:
1st: Butterfree. It's weak, it has a bad type setup, and only ok moves. It's so cute though!... For power reasons: Pidgeot - but only from GSC's move sets: Reflect, Toxic, Fly, Rest. This is one annoying pokemon. Arcanine - also due to GSC's move set: Breed in crunch and wait to evolve at 50 for flamethrower + it's speed.... there's others.

2nd: Harder choice - I would probably say Scizor. It both looks cool and can be chain bred in (through butterfree) psychic - among other interesting combinations - making it a star type abuser. Then there is Umbreon. Umbreon is sooooooo very cute. Especially on stadium 2 - then it's both cute and pretty.

3rd: Don't like 3rd generation - but more for the game overall and the few select pokemon (I hate the heart fish, minum, and plusle - HATE). From what I have seen of them, though, Absol looks adorable.

4th: Don't own a DS :smallfrown:

Aeyamar
2007-08-09, 08:24 PM
Had to crop out to this, girafarig does serve a point. It's normal/psychic - and few people seam to remember this. :smalltongue:

I know it's normal/psychic but to me that doesn't really make it spectacular. It has an interesting type combination but it doesn't have the moves or stats to make it worth training. Plus, it doesn't evolve, so it's not getting much better.

Artemician
2007-08-09, 08:25 PM
Heh.. I'm the crazy sort who goes for "Bad-assity" over cuteness in Pokemon. Yes, feel free to laugh.

This is, in part, influenced from my skewed viewpoint of trying to imagine Pokemon Wars, no matter how little a War fits in the Pokemon Universe (see here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2815721&postcount=19) and here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2815813&postcount=21).

Thus:...

1st Gen: Arcanine, Vaporeon, Charizard. -The Speedster, the Stealth and the Heavy Artillery.

Oh, and the Demolitions team: Nidoking and Rhydon. Nothing scarier than 5 tonnes of moving rock charging at you.

2nd Gen: Sneasel and Typlosion. More ninjas! More explosions! Oh, and Espeon, despite how cute it is. Because it's just badass.

3rd Gen: Aggron. Now it's moving metal.

4th Gen: Doesn't exist, never will.

Cyrano
2007-08-09, 08:31 PM
I loathe all Pokemon with a hate so hot and intense, it turns coal into diamonds.

You're thinking of pressure... a hate so hot and intense, it would turn coal into smaller bits of carbon and various burnt things would be more accurate.

I love Jogalata, because it doesn't exist. That's right. Pokemon that DOESN'T ACTUALLY EXIST is cooler than all of the rest. Combined. And if that's a real pokemon, somewhere, I'm going to have to punch myself.

SMEE
2007-08-09, 08:35 PM
Mine would be Caterpie. It's the perfect pokemon!
I had a level 99 Caterpie in pokemon red. :smallsmile:

SDF
2007-08-09, 08:43 PM

0.o You must be quite insane my dear!

Zeful
2007-08-09, 08:44 PM
Level 99-100 Abra is a cool thing to pull on people, especially in the later gererations when you can breed it's movelist from the beginning.

Amotis
2007-08-09, 10:03 PM
i luuuuuuuv mupkips.

reorith
2007-08-09, 10:21 PM
i luuuuuuuv mupkips.

so i herd you liek mudkipz

piplup it is my power animal. slide

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-08-09, 10:30 PM
First Generation: Cubone. He was the cutest lil' guy ever, and I had a thing for rock and ground types at the time. I also played a Cubone in mystery dungeon.

Runners-up: Golduck, Ninetales, Sandslash.

Second Generation:Sneasel. He's not just a pokemon- he's a mid-level rogue.

Runners-up: Xatu, Flaafy, Murkrow, Dunsparce, Smeargle.

Third Generation: Sableye, Duskull, and Banette tie. Strong supporters on many of my teams from this period, rare, rather cute, and of my two favorite types.

Runners-up: Shedinja, Nosepass, Mawile, Wailord, Trapinch, Cradily, Milotic, Jirachi.

Fourth Generation: Froslass. Patterned after the 'snow maiden' who leads travelers astray, a pretty n' effective Ice/Ghost and a weird but nice addition to my team(s).

Runners-up: Kricketune, Drifblim, Honchkrow, Munchlax, Weavile, Dusknoir.

Krystal_Tiger
2007-08-09, 10:40 PM
POKEMON!!!!!!!:smallbiggrin:

1st gen:Cubone! Also my favourite out of all of them.

2nd:Houndour. Hellpuppys!

3rd:Absol. Go wolf thingys!

4th:Garchomp. Shark that can fly.(:smallconfused: )

No, I don't know why I felt compeled to post here.

Lykan
2007-08-09, 11:21 PM
First: Kabutops

Second: Lanturn

Third: Aggron

Fourth: Palkia

Skippy
2007-08-09, 11:24 PM
First Gen: Scyther
Second Gen: I don't know... Perhaps Sneazel
Third Gen: I didn't play it a lot... Milotic
Fourth Gen: Torterra, defintely.

Nomrom
2007-08-10, 01:00 AM
I only know the first gen of Pokemon.
My favorite is Jigglypuff, mainly because I play her in SSBM, not because I really like the pokemon. My favorite pokemon was Zapdos. I remember having a lvl 100 Zapdos and using thunder to kill anything I fought in one hit. It never seemed to miss like it was supposed to either.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-10, 01:21 AM
Evee and evee evolutions. Sooooo cute

Green Bean
2007-08-10, 01:30 AM

That's awesome! I did the same thing with a Bellsprout in Blue after I saw that one episode of the TV show. Of course, it got its butt handed to it by a level 70 Charizard for some reason. :smallconfused:

de-trick
2007-08-10, 01:42 AM
my favorite Pokémon is growlith, my most hated is ashes pickachu

(sorry if I spelled the names wrong)

Indurain
2007-08-10, 02:31 AM
First off, anything after the first 150, don't exist. I'm just sayin'.

Second...Magicarp!!

Lucky
2007-08-10, 02:40 AM
Of course, it got its butt handed to it by a level 70 Charizard for some reason. :smallconfused:
Level 70? Weak. :smalltongue:

My Charizard was 175. :smallbiggrin:

Anyways... I think my favourite of all-time is Snorlax. Don't ask why, he's just cool.

starwoof
2007-08-10, 02:42 AM
I like badass pokemon. Nidoking, Blastoise, and Scizor are on top. Not in that order. :smallsmile:

Oh. My favorite is mudkip though. I just wanna snuggle it all day!!!

The_Chilli_God
2007-08-10, 02:46 AM
1st: Charmander. No if's, and's, or but's about it. The first episode of the TV series with Charmander in it just made my 8-or-something-year-old heart break.

2nd: Probably Tyranitar, though I didn't actually bother to make up my mind. Note that Gold was the only version of Pokemon I actually bought.

3rd: I don't think I ever cared enough to make up my mind on that one.

4th: No. Just... Just no.

Indon
2007-08-10, 02:47 AM
First off, anything after the first 150, don't exist. I'm just sayin'.

You mean 151.

My favorite's probably Mew, btw.

Second favorite's Mewtwo.

Damage Control
2007-08-10, 03:00 AM
1st gen: Omastar, Gengar.
2nd gen: Ampharos, Crobat.
3rd gen: Zangoose, Seviper, Gardevoir.
4th gen: Drifloon, Bidoof, Porygon-Z.

tgva8889
2007-08-10, 03:34 AM
I like Pichu. And Igglybuff. And Leafeon. Those are the coolest.

Rare Pink Leech
2007-08-10, 05:28 AM
What's my favourite Pokemon? A dead one.

Previously, it was Charizard.

Ikkitosen
2007-08-10, 05:30 AM
Bulbasaur!

I saw the cartoon once :smallredface:

banjo1985
2007-08-10, 05:36 AM
I must admit that I really didn't like Pokemon, and have never had any interest in the games. But I once saw a Snorlax and found it so funny I have to say that would be my favourite, based on about 5 that I would actually be able to name!

Setra
2007-08-10, 05:47 AM
Garchomp

It used to be Charizard.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-10, 05:54 AM
First Gen
Cuteness: Charmander. Pikachu's a close second but I love fire pokemon.
Power: Snorlax. My g/s/c Curselax has wiped out more parties on it's own than I can remember (Curse, Rest, Sleep Talk, Earthquake or Double Edge)
Second Gen
Cuteness: Togepi - useless in a fight but I like a walking egg.
Power: Tie between Suicune (Calm Mind, Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf) and Umbreon(Wish, Toxic, Curse, Baton Pass)/Arcanine(Extreme Speed, Flamethrower, Protect, Roar) combo. Suicune's basically the special equivalent of Snorlax, Umbreon's a great nuisance and a cursed up Arcanine with Extreme Speed is a killer.
Third Gen
Sort of lost interest around then, a step too far.
Fourth Gen
They still trying to cash in on pokemon?

Mc. Lovin'
2007-08-10, 06:10 AM
My favourite pokemon is Shuckle. It may suck in attacking, but I have a level 100 one, and its saved my skin loads of times with toxic and rest. my freind hates it when I use it.

Of the first generation I dont really have a favourite
Second my favourite is Espeon, which I had to try really hard to get
Third is Sceptile, and Metagross (Cus it looks so damn awesome)
Fourth, I like Purugly, becuase its so ... ugly, like no one else would use it, I like being original :smallbiggrin:

Neoriceisgood
2007-08-10, 06:23 AM
It's Luvdisc.

Dhavaer
2007-08-10, 06:26 AM
Scizor. Tyrannitar is pretty cool too, though.

Were-Sandwich
2007-08-10, 06:38 AM
Scyther. Ninjas are awesome. Praying Mantis are awesome. Therefore a ninja mantis is awesome squared.

MountainKing
2007-08-10, 09:14 AM
Blastoise, hands down, never changes. Why? It's a giant turtle (cool point +1) that according to flavor text could easily bite off a limb (awesome and cool point +1), with giant cannons protruding from its shell (CHAINSAWESOME COMBO +10).

Also, it's one of things my friends and I, despite being twenty, still enjoy randomly blurting out in odd voices. Try it sometime, it's wonderful.

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-10, 10:34 AM
Ah, I'll post here...

First Gen: Pikachu (Yes, I like Pikachu. Deal with it!)

Second Gen: Lugia (Because it's awesome!)

Third Gen: Blaziken (This one can do some serious butt-kicking!)

Fourth Gen: I also think they're going a bit far with this, but I'm saving for a copy because they have online play. And that Wii game. Anyway, I have multiple favourites at the moment-Lucario (looks nice), Arceus (it's a freakin' god pokemon!), Darkrai (dark void!) Palkia (only has one weakness, looks awesome, awesome moveset) and Piplup/Prinplup (PENGUINS!)

Overall: Pikachu. Nonstalagia for the win!

Trog
2007-08-10, 10:46 AM
Amooooooootis :smalltongue:

Manave_E_Sulanul
2007-08-10, 11:59 AM
Overall? Furret is still my favorite pokemon, period.

Specifically?

1st Generation: Mr. Mime / Jolteon / Clefable
-These three have always been the bedrocks of my teams when playing through Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen

2nd Generation: Furret / Ampharos / Espeon
-Awesome team members and Cute

3rd Generation: Treeko and evolutions
-Super fast, strong, has leaf blade AND is a grass pokemon that looks like some kinf of animal! Shwayeah

4th Generation: Luxray
-Because, he's probably the most useful electric pokemon since Jolteon or Pikachu that you can get early enough in the game to really have fun with, despite his low # of moves learned.

Wraithy
2007-08-10, 02:44 PM
any dead one!
I used to love psychic and ghost pokémon.
I really loved 1st gen, and was a little into 2nd because I played the game alot, but after that I turned my only interest in pokémon into the thought or re-dubbing and twisting old episodes of it. never followed through with that though.
but a week ago I was so bored that I watched an episode of the latest series, regretted instantly, but decided to watch untill the end. the writers know full well who they're writing for, and don't care about continuity as long as they can sell as much merchandise before their viewers grow out of it.
the episode was so stupid, something about ash being possesed by the king of pokélantis. how about the writers get a real Pokélife and get Pokélaid.

Alyorbase
2007-08-10, 02:50 PM
Never played beyond first edition.

Favorites: Alakazam, Diglett, and Snorlax.

Exachix
2007-08-10, 03:34 PM
1st Set (Red, Blue, Yellow) : Vulpix
2nd Set (Silver, Gold, Crystal) : Suicune.
3rd Set (Ruby, Sapphire) : Vulpix, again.

onasuma
2007-08-10, 04:12 PM
Alakazam. Its awesome and stuff

emperor_mai
2007-08-10, 04:53 PM
0.o I should try to cross breed an Onyx and a Jynx.

Raptor Jesus
2007-08-11, 12:00 PM
My favourite Pokemon is Zangoose and Mudkipz.

Orzel
2007-08-11, 12:29 PM
Dugtrio. Fast ground type for Earthquake. Thanks.

And Parasect is my second fave. 100% sleep = Awesome.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-08-11, 12:33 PM
Jinx
Mr. Mime.

But there are far too many Pokemon now. What was wrong with 150?

Charity
2007-08-11, 02:10 PM
http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0242/pokemon.jpg

cubsandootsrock
2007-08-11, 02:32 PM
i love all fire pokemon, but i'd have to say that my favorite is Magmar.

RationalGoblin
2007-08-11, 03:27 PM
Mewtwo. He was the only Pokemon that actually masterminded something. Also, he stuck Ash's annoying Pikachu in a Pokeball. For that, he's my hero. Finally, Psychic powers. Screwing with people's heads is awesome.

averagejoe
2007-08-11, 03:47 PM
I always liked the psychic ones, especially the ones named after hokey magic words, but my very favoritest is abra. He could only teleport, and that didn't actually do anything useful, but that little guy had pluck and gumption. Plus, teleporting is pretty cool.

Tarken
2007-08-11, 07:58 PM
My team of ultimate-ness: Entei"King Joe" Flygon "Flying Joe" Metagross "Meta Joe"
I've got more but i'm writing this from my wii, which gets tiring. :smallcool:

Drascin
2007-08-12, 03:50 AM
Heh. Interesting thread. Though I think it might be better on Gaming. Anyway, let's get crackin':

1st gen: Mewtwo is god here. Uber-powerful, lethal, and with a very distinct personality. The fact that there is little to no competition only adds insult to the injury. Runners-up: Articuno (because it's rather beautiful), Scyther (praying mantis ninja. If I have to explain that, something's wrong with you).

2nd Gen: Sneasel all the way. Pity it sucked, but the concept and design was awesome. Lightnng-fast attacks and and a rather evl disposition? Yep, interesting. Runners-up: Ampharos (useful and cute. What more can you ask for?), Umbreon (when you manage to have a critter that looks at the same time badass and totally huggable and adorable, you know you got a winner), Tyranitar (THE badass in this gen, period. Even legends look like pansies in comparison)

3rd gen: Gardevoir, no question. It is probably my favorite pokemon, because, apart from being extremely powerful, it goes a different direction than most pokemon. It's not "cool" or "cute". It's simply graceful and beautiful. And that is major brownie points. Runners-up: Flygon (I do not know exactly why, but I love the guy), Metagross (A powerful psychic crab made of steel. What's not to love?)

4th gen: Weavile. You mean, an actually powerful evolution of Sneasel, and just as cool or even more? Done and done. Runners up: Azelf (for being less than 1 ft tall and still managing a "don't mess with me" look), Empoleon (it's a mecha-penguin with water jets. Come on!), and Darkrai, because a critter that kills you by eating your mind while you're asleep is always fun

And yes, I still play pokémon. I don't care if it's a moneymaking machine or the anime is stupid or that I'm not supposed to be playing such games at my age or whatever. The games are stil good, and as long as they're good I'll play them :smallamused:

averagejoe
2007-08-12, 09:22 PM
My team of ultimate-ness: Entei"King Joe" Flygon "Flying Joe" Metagross "Meta Joe"
I've got more but i'm writing this from my wii, which gets tiring. :smallcool:

Ratata "average joe." :smallbiggrin:

ForzaFiori
2007-08-12, 10:00 PM
1st Gen: Geodude and evos. they rock. literally.
2nd Gen: Umbreon. just totally kick ass.

never played past that.

Arameus
2007-08-12, 10:14 PM
Blastoise is the baddest summamabetch that ever walked the earth. Period.

Mattarias, King.
2007-08-12, 10:18 PM
I personally like all generations, though the G/S/Crystal generation was my favorite.

Coincidentally (or not), favorite pokemon? Typhlosion! :biggrin: