PDA

View Full Version : Any good Role-playing Games for the PSP?

Zeful
2007-08-09, 04:13 PM
I've been toying with the idea of getting a PSP and was wondering if their are any good RPGs out there? The only one I know of is Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, a diablo-esk one that is fun. Are there any others.

neriana
2007-08-10, 01:52 AM
Valkyrie Profile.

Other than that, I don't think so, but Valkyrie Profile is truly awesome.

Logic
2007-08-10, 05:40 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics is coming out for the PSP eventually, and So is D&D tactics. They may not end up being RPG's, but they may be entertaining enough to hold your attention for more than an hour.

Inigo_Carmine
2007-08-13, 10:14 AM
If done right, D&D tactics might actually convince me to pick up a PSP. It would finally be a D&D game that *could* stay very very close to the rules set. Let's hope the story isn't incredibly lame though... I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this though.

JabberwockySupafly
2007-08-15, 09:30 AM
-Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony (another Diablo-Clone, but a bit of fun)

-Aedis Eclipse: Generations of Chaos (Turn Based RPG Strat Game in the vein of Ogre Battle meets FFTactics. I have this one, and it's a bit of alright)

-Someone already mentioned Valkyrie Profile, which is pure awesome in a can.

-Monster Hunter Freedom: Yes, another Hack & Slash where instead of levelling you collect items from monsters to make new weapons and armors. gets repetitive, but still can be fun.

-Marvel:Ultimate Alliance: Hack & Slash. Again. Really for fans of comic books though.

-Tales of Eternia. It's a Tales game. It doesn't need any better explanation. So very good.

-Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology. Haven't played it yet, heard good things though.

-Brave Story: New Traveller. Same as above. heard very good things about this one.

There are more. I suggest going to www.gamefaqs.com and checking user reviews of PSP RPGs to see if you'll like them or not.

Cheers
JS

torrent
2007-08-16, 07:38 AM
i think you should get valkerie profile and final fft both insane games

JabberwockySupafly
2007-08-18, 10:11 AM
just wanted to say I bought Brave Story: New Traveller and well, HOT DIZZLE! It's a great old-school style RPG with some really gorgeous graphics. be warned, though, it eats your battery alive for some reason. Load times aren't too bad though, and the graphics are top notch, we're talking close to PS2 quality. Gameplay is classic turn-based RPG battles. story isn't exactly the best, but it's a really fun ride. I've dumped over 5 hours into it already and only picked it up yesterday. If you're looking for a good PSP RPG, give this one a shot.