PDA

View Full Version : End of story arc

Regneva
2007-08-09, 05:16 PM
So, the latest strip... a last nail in the coffin of a scene with the ship sailing away with the city in the background?

What do you think would be the end panel scene of the end of story arc?

It can't be a scene with ship leaving the port with all oots onboard.

maximus
2007-08-09, 05:39 PM
I don't think that is the end of the arc. I don't think the Giant would leave Belkar and Haley out unresolved like that. That wouldn't be very D&D-ish. :D

David Argall
2007-08-09, 06:22 PM
Still several loose ends to tie up. It did take care of one tho.

Regneva
2007-08-09, 06:46 PM
Yes. I too can feel that it is not the end of arc. However the ship has left. So what do you think would be the epic final cliffhanger end panel scene? If not the ships leaving as we all assumed...

ragingmaro
2007-08-09, 07:49 PM
In the past he's always made it very clear when its the end of an arc.

Harry Joy
2007-08-09, 07:53 PM
Way premature. There's a good bit left to wrap up. If nothing else, the bad guys haven't gotten their inevitable last speech.

Hushdawg
2007-08-09, 08:14 PM
well, we only have two to go by, one had a final panel saying "the end" and the other was a clear recap of everything that had happened and going on to the next phase of the story.

So definitely there are things to happen before the end of the story arc.. but it could get resolved in far fewer strips than we might imagine.. Rich has said in the prologue of one book that he basically likes to keep us guessing.

So whatever happens I'm with the others that say we'll have a clear idea as to the final episode of this storyline.

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-09, 08:29 PM
The end of the arc will come with two signs. One, there will be a spalsh panel, and the strip will clearly end this chapter.

Two, Rich has said that he will be taking a vacation when this arc ends. There will most likely be an announcment on the front page saying that he is beginning his vacation, a thanks to all of his loyal readers, and an estimated date of return.

So, no. This strip is NOT the end of the story arc.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-09, 10:40 PM
i agree with surfing half-orc. i also think the final panel will have all of the OoTS on the junk smiling, posing, kissing etc. (possibly with Celia there, but i doubt it) and lien and her shark beside it. (possibly with haley and belkar on the sharks back.)

- belkar is gunna flip when he sees the shark.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-08-09, 10:42 PM

poor little halfling has Mount Envy

Miraqariftsky
2007-08-09, 10:56 PM
poor little halfling has Mount Envy

Unless he can content himself to merely enjoy the ride, Lien's Razor might end up as sushi.

^
^
^
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
!

i agree with surfing half-orc. i also think the final panel will have all of the OoTS on the junk smiling, posing, kissing etc. (possibly with Celia there, but i doubt it) and lien and her shark beside it. (possibly with haley and belkar on the sharks back.)

Ah, that'd be right darn nice if it gets there, but will it?

lokycat
2007-08-10, 01:01 AM
The end of the "arc" will probably be #500

RAGE KING!
2007-08-10, 10:07 AM
its a good number, and i bet the giant was originally shooting for it, but now i think it'll be wrapped up in less than 19 strips.

Grim Oswald
2007-08-10, 07:51 PM
its a good number, and i bet the giant was originally shooting for it, but now i think it'll be wrapped up in less than 19 strips.

Not if he makes all the strips till then half length! :smalltongue:

maitreyi
2007-08-10, 08:13 PM
I'm sure the giant will not end the story arc without the reunion of Belkar and Haley (and Roy!) with the OOTS.

Ithekro
2007-08-10, 08:36 PM
Well soon we should know.

It has been suggested that this overall story arc is about Haley form 302 - whenever this ends. If so, there is a need to a final on Haley overcoming either her fear of lossing people, her trust issues, or some other issue that has been hanging over her head this entire story. We have Elan blowing up the castle in the first book, and Roy getting his sword mended in the second. Durkon keeping the party together despite Roy's misgivings in "Origin of PCs" and Redcloak making fateful choice to serve Xykon over his own family in "Start of Darkness". So it makes sense that the end of this third book will have something to do with Haley. That is if we are understanding the overall focus of this book aside from the war plotline. And assuming that the story arc for the book didn't end in #466 with the fall of the city, and the next book after that starts with Haley is functional command of the Order.

Or else this could be the never ending story...or even longer than anyone dreams. It is named as a parody of "War and Peace", one of the longer novels around.

silvadel
2007-08-10, 08:39 PM
My guess is that it will be BEFORE #500 tho... I mean #500 is likely to be something big(huge milestone), and something that (if I were the giant) would want to do after I had refreshed myself with the vacation rather than before.

David Argall
2007-08-10, 08:55 PM
Any suggestion of a focus on Haley can be one of two answers. It's not going to happen, or it already has, ending about #400.
Our writer is trying to entertain us, not follow some literary form.

Based on past history, we will likely get some hints about who will be important in the next book and a picture of the lich and the party sailed to the next gate [on different ships of course].

PaladinFreak
2007-08-11, 10:22 AM
I agree that, if nothing else, it will be very recognizable. I'm betting on some revelation about Haley.