PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Shaman Feats

DiscipleofBob
2007-08-09, 05:39 PM
I'm playing a human Dragon Shaman (Gold), but I'm quickly running out of good feats. I'm not a strong melee combatant, and my main focus in combat is to provide draconic aura support with the occasional breath weapon and a little bit of extra damage thrown in. I will be taking Leadership next level, but besides that, even my current feats are largely going unused. Can anyone give me some recommendations?

kpenguin
2007-08-09, 05:40 PM
Maybe some metabreath feats?

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-08-09, 06:21 PM
Yeah; Metabreath feats =)

My DS has:

Quicken Breath :smallwink:
Shape Breath :smalltongue:
Lingering Breath :smallbiggrin:

I also took the Double Draconic Aura feat from Dragon Magic. basically, it lets you have up to 2 auras running at the same time. It still takes a swifty to change each aura, but it is nice.

This is one of the rare good MAD characters (CON, STR, CHA) out there. I do recommend getting items to increase your CHA, because the Draconic Adaptation scales really, really nicely with a good CHA.

Fax Celestis
2007-08-09, 06:22 PM
Your Touch of Vitality gets much better with a really high Cha too.

TO_Incognito
2007-08-09, 06:51 PM
How do you spend your actions inbetween breathing? Otherwise, the metabreath feats do sound like a good bet.

Where do Dragon Shamans fall on the power scale of D&D anyway? I never know, because all I ever hear are commentaries on how much better the Dragonfire Adept is as a class )=.

mudbunny
2007-08-09, 11:19 PM
In addition to the above feats, there is also

Ability Focus (Breath Weapon) - +2 to DC

There are also some feats that allow you to adjust how your breath weapon reacts. Check in Races of the Dragon. Lingering Breath (lasts longer), entangling breath (lower damage, but they get entangled and take damage next round as well) as well as a couple of others.

Feralgeist
2007-08-10, 01:18 AM
Become a dragonborn, and get metabreath feats. Breath weapon every round pretty much, plus you can change the element