PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What spell would best simulate a falling moon.

13ones
2017-08-06, 10:30 PM
Evening folks.

Title says it all. I'm looking for a spell that would simulate a falling moon. I've got a boss creature in mind and it's taking some cues from Majora and going to be dropping a Moon or two on my players in the next few games but the closest thing I could figure was maybe fluffing out Clashing Rocks or Meteor Swarm.

Any other suggestions?

Kayblis
2017-08-06, 11:35 PM
What "kind" of moon we're talking about? A Moon-sized moon hitting an Earth-like planet is death to everyone remotely involved in the incident, no save, just death. Including the caster. And their dog.

If you're looking for pure damage, there are spells like Cometfall that causes asteroids to fall on your enemies over a few rounds. As you said yourself, you can refluff any 9th-level damage spell into one large comet. There isn't much space-wrecking material in 3.PF outside the Epic Handbook, and that's a mess by itself. You'll probably love some Epic spells though, they're so big-scale it's amusing.

Calthropstu
2017-08-06, 11:43 PM
As Max mentioned, crashing the Moon into the Earth would crash into the earth's crust, resulting in complete planetary devastation. No one would survive.

DrKerosene
2017-08-06, 11:49 PM
Could a (metamagic cost reduced to 0) Energy Admixtured Empowered Apocalypse From The Sky work for your purpose?

Hackulator
2017-08-07, 12:20 AM
Refluff Iceberg.

Psyren
2017-08-07, 12:51 AM
Evening folks.

Title says it all. I'm looking for a spell that would simulate a falling moon. I've got a boss creature in mind and it's taking some cues from Majora and going to be dropping a Moon or two on my players in the next few games but the closest thing I could figure was maybe fluffing out Clashing Rocks or Meteor Swarm.

Any other suggestions?

Shouldn't that be a ritual of some kind that the PCs have to stop? The whole point of the moon falling in Majora was that it meant game over, it's not some move like Meteo or Flare where the boss just casts it repeatedly.

BWR
2017-08-07, 01:30 AM
Yeah, this is beyond the realm of traditional spells and well into the realm of plot devices.

Kurald Galain
2017-08-07, 01:57 AM
If this is for a regular boss attack, then Clashing Rocks is your best bet. You may want to call them meteorites instead of the moon :smallbiggrin:

exelsisxax
2017-08-07, 07:42 AM
A refluffed version of this:

Rocks Fall
School/level: Universal, DM 0
Components: frustration
Range: unlimited
Targets: up to long range, centered on the party
Duration: the rest of the campaign
Saving throw: none, SR no
Description: Everybody dies.

Calthropstu