PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Distraction, Distraction, Destruction

Rogue_1
2017-08-07, 06:38 AM
The Bard is a very capable primary spellcaster in 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. Some say that their Magical Secrets makes them the most versatile caster, like our well-known wizard while other argue that their many buffs and healing abilities make them better suited to a support role. Regardless, one great feature of the Bard's spellcasting ability is the great variety of spell types they have access to from early levels. Their wide spell list allows them to gain spells that are equally suited to buffing, debuffing, battlefield control, and even a smidge of blasting. Furthermore, their extremely useful Magical Secrets ability allows the Bard to palm a select six (or eight) spells from any other classes they desire, for further customization. The amazing Navigator has kindly compiled a long list of all the possible spells accessible by the Bard HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ad9xzK8ISo6zpUQP_lxJD_ToWXd6_vhqE7STZSHnUzg/edit). Still, I am making a level 14 Lore Bard whose dropped one level into Rogue (Bard 14/Rogue 1) and I was wondering which spells to take. Please give your recommended list of spells for a nautical adventure (me and our friends are running a level 15 pirate-themed homebrew campaign). Our party has my Bard/Rogue, two Wizards (Illusionist & Evoker), a tanky melee Druid, a Battle Master and a Favoured Soul.
I'm playing a skill monkey/healing/buff role in the party and am trying to get the most juice out of the Bard. I've never played Bards extensively before, but I'm really starting to warm up to them. So, which spells should I pick up to optimize my build? Thanks!

Rogue_1
2017-08-07, 06:47 AM
Uhhh, or should I just go straight bard for more spellcasting capability.

Azgeroth
2017-08-07, 07:18 AM
if your the healy support role, dont take rogue, take life cleric for that extra 2+spell level to healing.

couple of spells to take,
aura of vitality
pass without a trace (your druid has this, but it doesn't hurt to have extra.)

nickl_2000
2017-08-07, 07:26 AM
Rogue offers one thing that the Cleric does not and that is the ability to use a Healers Kits during combat as a bonus action at 3rd level (thief subclass). Combine the healer feat with a bonus action heal and you can get a pretty decent bonus from it.