PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder spells with a large AoE

molten_dragon
2017-08-07, 06:41 AM
What are the damage spells in Pathfinder with the largest Areas of Effect? I want to combine them with dazing spell to be able to catch as many creatures as possible.

ArendK
2017-08-07, 09:31 AM
What are the damage spells in Pathfinder with the largest Areas of Effect? I want to combine them with dazing spell to be able to catch as many creatures as possible.

Hungry Darkness, Meteor Swarm, firestorm, widened Fireballs, Wall of Fire (the wall itself, not so much. But when it pushes 10 feet out in front of it for damage? That's nice area). I'm sure others exist. Wall of Fire might be the most practical based off level.

Mehangel
2017-08-07, 09:36 AM
Storm of Vengeance has a 360ft radius area of effect; while questionable as to whether Dazing Spell can be applied, Control Weather has a 2-mile radius area of effect.

EDIT: Ofcourse Metamagic Cost Reduction Shenanigans will be required for both of these.

CharonsHelper
2017-08-07, 10:44 AM
I think that Fireball is the standard spell for metamagic craziness because it's the lowest level spell with a large area.

Geddy2112
2017-08-07, 11:02 AM
Flame strike has a large area because the cylinder is 40ft high, although the trick is catching a lot of enemies in that cylinder. Great for things skittering down a mountain or a large flying swarm.

molten_dragon
2017-08-08, 04:09 PM
EDIT: Ofcourse Metamagic Cost Reduction Shenanigans will be required for both of these.

We're playing in a mythic campaign, so I'm planning lots of metamagic cost reduction shenanigans.

Kurald Galain
2017-08-08, 04:52 PM
Stone Call has twice the radius of Fireball, and is a level lower.