PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder Gestalt Help

Nosta
2017-08-07, 09:32 PM
so I am Building a character for a friends game as an Powerful (martial wise) Npc

Its a gestalt game

and the character needs to be LV16

I want one of the classes to be brawler (not sure if i should give it and archetype)
But i want the other class to complement it very well

The Character is to be a martial paragon

3rd party stuff allowed

Ualaa
2017-08-08, 07:31 AM
The Brawler has d10 HD, strong Fort & Ref, and 4+INT skill points.

One of the maxims of Gestalt play is three good saves, full BAB and lots of skill points.
Your character is missing a good Will save, and could potentially improve on the skill points -- although 4+INT is decent enough.

I would personally look to a Path of War 'Stalker', for a melee/martial beast.
They provide the strong Will save and 6+INT for skills, which improves the only mechanical flaws of the Brawler, for a Gestalt game.

As far as martial play goes, until Spheres of Might comes out, the power curve is Path of War then non-PoW material.

As a Stalker, I'd concentrate on Broken Blade maneuvers since those work either Unarmed or with Natural attacks, and they're effective.
I'd consider Martial Training, for some Riven Hourglass abilities.
Possibly a one level dip (likely on the Brawler side) into Monk, if the unarmored ascetic type is appealing.. Discipline level (level of Maneuvers), like Caster level (level of Spells) is king.
If this is the path, then concentrate on Dex and Wis, going with Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility (or the Stalker Art that provides both).

Broken Blade Stance (on offense) and Riven Hourglass Stance (on defense) are both strong 3rd level stances, which can be taken at character level 5.

If you're going with armor, then the stats would be Str and Wis.
I'd personally go the Dex/Wis route.

Krazzman
2017-08-08, 09:46 AM
Inquisitor or Hunter are both really good optiona as they fill in the gaps the Brawler is missing. A nature Fang or Cleric are also good fits but don't provide more skill points.

The brawler loses next to nothing from using armor. As such a brawler//Oracle of Metal might also be a fine combination.