PDA

View Full Version : divine level 9 spells and bab 16

xyamius
2017-08-07, 11:31 PM
Thoughts on this build:

Cleric lvl 4/Duskblade lvl 2(phbII pg 19)/Radiant Servant of Pelor lvl 10(complete divine pg 52)/Hospitaler lvl 4 (complete divine p 48)

Was wanting to get 4 attacks by level 20 and also 9th level divine. Wanted Radiant Servant of Pelor due to the heavy anti-undead and healing they get.

Race: Human
Starting Feats: Spell Casting Prodigy and Augmented Healing
Deity: Pelor
Domains: Sun, Healing

3rd level feat: Improved Power Healing Domain (Dragon #342 page 21)(ranged heal from domain at 25+5ft/2levels and can be done cleric level/2 per day.

6th level feat: Extra Turning (required for Radiant Servant of Pelor)

9th level feat: (open options) Went with Shield Casting (was thinking of quickened turning instead but like the ability to cast without worry.

12th level feat: Mounted Combat

15th Level feat: Ride by Attack

16th level Bonus Fighter Feat: (open option) I went Power Attack

18th Level feat: (open options) I went with Sacred Healing

Ending at level 20:
Cleric Caster level 17 (9th level spells)
BAB: +16/+11/+6/+1
Base Saves: +18/+5/+15

DariusTheGish
2017-08-08, 04:31 PM
You can always go straight cleric/ radiant servant of pelor and DMM: persist divine power. If you just want to always have 16 BAB you why not take two levels of paladin instead of duskblade has a better thematic fit and you get divine grace.

xyamius
2017-08-09, 05:36 PM
divine power i know about but you don't always get your spells such as when going against a beholder or other effects that stop magic, paladin requires lawful and radiant servant requires neutral good. You also need to hit a base +5 will for radiant servant 4 of cleric is only +4 and paladin wouldn't provide any.

Thurbane
2017-08-10, 03:15 AM
Knight of the Raven is a PrC with full BAB, 9/10 divine casting, and a an anti-undead focus. It also grants the Sun domain. It's in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft - it has some fluff requirements, but your DM might waive them.

You could do Cleric 6/KotR 8/RSoP 6 if you wanted. Still hit BAB +16 without having to rely on Divine Power, and only drop one caster level. You'd also end up with 4 domains (2 starting domains, Sun domain as a bonus from KotR 3, and a bonus domain at RSoP 5), which is pretty cool.

barakaka
2017-08-10, 10:47 PM
Then you wield a sun blade to go with your sun domain and your hatred of the undead?

Endarire
2017-08-10, 11:33 PM
Faiths and Pantheons has the Windwalker PrC, but requires you worship Shaundakul. Full BAB & casting.

Telonius
2017-08-10, 11:39 PM
Much less optimized, but Cleric9/Monk1/Sacred Fist10 would get you 9th level Cleric spells and 16 BAB (assuming text trumps table, for the spellcasting).

Crake
2017-08-11, 12:51 AM
divine power i know about but you don't always get your spells such as when going against a beholder or other effects that stop magic, paladin requires lawful and radiant servant requires neutral good. You also need to hit a base +5 will for radiant servant 4 of cleric is only +4 and paladin wouldn't provide any.

Replace duskblade with cleric 6, and convince your DM to use fractional BAB.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-08-11, 05:38 AM
Ordained Champion is far better than duskblade for a divine gish. Goes well with Turbane's build, because you get to trade domain powers for combat feats.

I'd recommend prestige paladin too, there are paladin variants for all alignments (except TN, I think? not sure), just pick the NG one.

xyamius
2017-08-14, 04:34 AM
Knight of the Raven is an awesome find and thanks I will replace the hospitaler's 4 levels with that one and one of the duskblade. We tend to use generic world builds of our own design so it should be easy to get a pass on this one and our DM to just toss something else like it into play for the requirements. It also opens the 5th slot up to any class with a +1 bab that mixes with NG and ROSP due to taking Knight of the Raven gives the +2 will at level 6 making the requirements for ROSP.

Then you wield a sun blade to go with your sun domain and your hatred of the undead?
Yeop with Continual flame running on armor and shield so i can go: I AM THE SUN!!

Faiths and Pantheons has the Windwalker PrC, but requires you worship Shaundakul. Full BAB & casting.
Can't go into Radiant Servant of Pelor with that one due to it requires a different god to worship. I like the healing and anti undead you get from RSOP

Replace duskblade with cleric 6, and convince your DM to use fractional BAB.
Will not happen with the group.

Ordained Champion is far better than duskblade for a divine gish. Goes well with Turbane's build, because you get to trade domain powers for combat feats.
Ordained Champion requires worship of Hextor or Heironeous you can not go Radiant Servant of Pelor if you go that route.

ottdmk
2017-08-14, 03:23 PM
Have you considered Hunter of the Dead (Complete Warrior pg 42)? It's a "paladin lite" prestige class. Taking two levels would give you an at-will Detect Undead ability and a once-a-day Smite Undead. It would give you the BAB you want from Duskblade while being much more in-tune with your theme. You'd even get a Wisdom-based first level spell to cast out of it...

ETA: Never mind. BAB pre-req is too high for what you want to do.

xyamius
2017-08-14, 05:58 PM
Have you considered Hunter of the Dead (Complete Warrior pg 42)? It's a "paladin lite" prestige class. Taking two levels would give you an at-will Detect Undead ability and a once-a-day Smite Undead. It would give you the BAB you want from Duskblade while being much more in-tune with your theme. You'd even get a Wisdom-based first level spell to cast out of it...

ETA: Never mind. BAB pre-req is too high for what you want to do.

Duskblade was for levels 5&6 the Hunter of the Dead has a +5 BAB and scar of unlife (not always easy to get). A cleric only has a BAB +3 at 4th. So it's not an option for the build.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-08-14, 06:40 PM
There's also the hexblade base class, full base attack, d10 hit die, one good save--Will--so perfect for your two-level dip. Decidedly weak by itself, but for two levels, you get +CHA on saves versus spells and spell-like "effects" (which, by RAW, includes SLAs as well as (Ex) and (Su) effects based on spells, but that only makes it better as a dip).

(by default requires nongood, but you can ask your DM to waive that requirement, as it makes little sense--if needed, give up the Curse ability)

Troacctid
2017-08-14, 07:35 PM
Here is a list of all prestige classes that advance divine spellcasting, sorted by BAB. Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1geywITbI4M-Up08SGD-rUHlnobR66aIgKqu7mILkmhU/edit#gid=691970088&fvid=112328241)

xyamius
2017-08-14, 11:56 PM
looks like the strongest build you can do while hitting 16 bab with a cleric and making sure to get your 9th level spells while focusing on healing is going Cleric 4/Fighter 1/Knight of the Raven 5/Radiant Servant of Pelor 10 while sticking with RAW. (the fighter level is there for the +1 bab only it can be swapped out for any class that allows neutral good follower of Pelor and you could qualify to take at 5th level.)

You finish out as: 16/11/6/1 for BAB with Saves at 17/5/15. Casting as an 18th level cleric Turn undead as an 18th level cleric and it looks pretty good over all. HD= 1d10+9d8+10d6 average of 71 hp at level 20 from class (light on hp and reflex save)

It's possible to forgo the massive healing of the Radiant Servant of Pelor and get up to a bab of 18/13/8/3 by going cleric 6/Knight of the Raven 10/Warpriest 4 Which set you up with saves at 16/6/13 and still cast as a 17th level cleric while turning as a 19th level cleric. That build sets you up for more of a front line fighting undead killing tank. HD= 4d10, 16d8 average of 84 hp from class at level 20.

Main thing i was looking to do is see how well you can optimize a cleric due to all they get is turn undead at level 1 and spells so getting out of them and into a prestige is paramount while still building the spells and turn effectiveness of the cleric so they can do more than just a normal cleric can.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-08-15, 08:44 AM
Main thing i was looking to do is see how well you can optimize a cleric due to all they get is turn undead at level 1 and spells so getting out of them and into a prestige is paramount while still building the spells and turn effectiveness of the cleric so they can do more than just a normal cleric can.
You can optimize clerics very well, by building on spellcasting, for example using Hathran, or consumptive field, or DMM, or some other caster shenanigans. Turn Undead level is almost irrelevant, though. Most ways to use TU don't care about your level.

It's possible to forgo the massive healing of the Radiant Servant of Pelor and get up to a bab of 18/13/8/3 by going cleric 6/Knight of the Raven 10/Warpriest 4 Which set you up with saves at 16/6/13 and still cast as a 17th level cleric while turning as a 19th level cleric. That build sets you up for more of a front line fighting undead killing tank. HD= 4d10, 16d8 average of 84 hp from class at level 20.
Radiant Servant doesn't really grant massive healing. That is, it boosts the Healing domain, but it doesn't make healing a productive in-combat activity, because healing starts out rather weakly. Apart from that, I'm curious why you would want a healer with +16 base attack? Radiant Servant really hurts your ability to take good fighting PrCs (and casting EmpMaxcure prevents you from full-attacking anyway), so you're trying to unite two concepts that don't normally go together, and I'm wondering why.

If you want to be a fighting cleric, just go with cleric 6/ordained champion 5/prestige paladin 3/cleric +X (can add Church Inquisitor 4/8 somewhere). Divine Grace, channelling, spontaneous quickened War domain casting (full attack + flame strike all day), 17th-level cleric casting, 17 base attack. Or drop the paladin and get a very simple 18th-level casting/16 base attack build, with nice combat action economy and power.

PrismCat21
2017-08-15, 09:20 AM
Radiant Servant of Pelor can be used with any deity. Later in the class description it tells you what to do to change it and make it fit.

Work with your DM and the deity you want, to match your theme.

xyamius
2017-08-15, 11:39 AM
Radiant Servant of Pelor can be used with any deity. Later in the class description it tells you what to do to change it and make it fit.

Work with your DM and the deity you want, to match your theme.

Adaptation: As mentioned in the introduction to the
chapter, this prestige class doesn’t have to be about Pelor.
It works just as well with any god of the sun whose clerics
often turn undead, and given the Sun domain’s granted
power, it’d be a strange sun-god that didn’t want his clerics
turning undead.

Troacctid
2017-08-15, 03:05 PM
If you're in Eberron, you could always worship the Sovereign Host.