PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Hidden Blade Rogue Maneuver/stance selection

Nosta
2017-08-07, 11:31 PM
I am currently a ECL 6 Half-elf Hidden-Blade Knife-master Unchained Rogue.

My Role in the story is an Ex-member of the Noble-force. a group in my GM's custom world.

I am how ever having a little trouble picking out my maneuvers and stances for my character

for weapons he has 6 master work daggers

I want to focus on now more than 3 styles 2 is even better.

I was thinking of doing Mithral current cause I want to pick up said disciplines style feat so I could feint and pull of SA attacks more often

how even I am not sure if that's what is best

BearonVonMu
2017-08-09, 11:24 AM
Assuming that my note on your other thread was taken care of, I found that Mithral Current and Shattered Mirror made a fun mix.
Also, please tell me you took the Stealth Gambit. Please tell me you took the thing that allows a mundane character to be invisible (almost) at will.
Also, there is a fantastic stance for Mithral Current that allows you to threaten with sheathed weapons... like a longspear (for reach) and your daggers at the same time! It was one of the earliest powers that feels fully anime-esque in its flavor to me.

legomaster00156
2017-08-09, 11:31 AM
Also, please tell me you took the Stealth Gambit. Please tell me you took the thing that allows a mundane character to be invisible (almost) at will.
I don't think that's accurate. First, gambits can only be used in combat, and second, you have to make a Stealth check to hide, which (unless you have abilities stating otherwise) still requires cover or concealment.

BearonVonMu
2017-08-10, 11:05 AM
I don't think that's accurate. First, gambits can only be used in combat, and second, you have to make a Stealth check to hide, which (unless you have abilities stating otherwise) still requires cover or concealment.

I had no idea about gambits requiring combat. I saw that almost all of them required attacking a foe or a foe attacking you, but didn't get the final piece.
And the second is a stupid mistake, isn't it? I have seen enough guides on stealth and hiding that it just went right by me. It seemed reasonable that an invisible person would be great at hiding... since they already can't be seen. I figured my undoing would either come in the form of rain, a bag of flour, or someone with good hearing.

legomaster00156
2017-08-10, 11:36 AM
The gambit's reward comes after you successfully perform the action, in this case hiding with a Stealth check. You cannot hide with invisibility that you do not yet have. Therefore, you must have something else to use to perform the action.

BearonVonMu
2017-08-10, 02:23 PM
The gambit's reward comes after you successfully perform the action, in this case hiding with a Stealth check. You cannot hide with invisibility that you do not yet have. Therefore, you must have something else to use to perform the action.

Oh that part I was already doing. Yes, the effect had to be started with conventional cover... which so far has meant either closing a door and having the door "open itself" up again, or by getting the other party members to close their eyes for a second.

Either way, I was using it wrong it looks like... which is probably good news, otherwise any character with high intelligence and room for a one level dip would have needed a strong reason not to take it.