PDA

View Full Version : Which better fits with druids

Dankus Memakus
2017-08-08, 09:53 PM
So my friend and i want to make two characters that mesh super well and hes decided to play a firbolg druid. I want to try to keep the nature theme so which would fit more with a druid (fluff wise not mechanically) an oath of the ancients paladin or a fey warlock? I've been flip flopping on what i wanna choose.

Sariel Vailo
2017-08-08, 09:59 PM
So my friend and i want to make two characters that mesh super well and hes decided to play a firbolg druid. I want to try to keep the nature theme so which would fit more with a druid (fluff wise not mechanically) an oath of the ancients paladin or a fey warlock? I've been flip flopping on what i wanna choose.

Either one fits but look at party comp wat sill help more

Beechgnome
2017-08-08, 10:02 PM
I would say the paladin. Both ancients and the druid fight threats to nature, including potentially meddlesome fey. The warlock, depending on who he or she takes orders from, may have other priorities.

Dankus Memakus
2017-08-08, 10:07 PM
Okay now, ill definitely start as a paladin, but if i multiclass into feylock is this a good idea? Also how would pact magic work then? Would i still get two slots with first level of warlock?

lunaticfringe
2017-08-09, 08:17 AM
Okay now, ill definitely start as a paladin, but if i multiclass into feylock is this a good idea? Also how would pact magic work then? Would i still get two slots with first level of warlock?

Yup. Pact Magic follows its track & Paladin Spellcasting follows its growth track. You don't merge levels and use the Multiclass Spellcaster chart, they are separate.

You can use Warlock Slots to cast Paladin spells and vice versa.

Elminster298
2017-08-09, 09:24 AM

When you multiclass into warlock, your fey patron can include ancient powerful natural species such as treats, dryads, weirds, unicorns or even "spirits of the land" such as the Rashemi witches pull their power from.

tieren
2017-08-09, 09:38 AM

1st level warlock only gets one pact slot, but yes you will track them separately. Good part is you can paladin smite using warlock pact magic slots which recharge on a short rest which could lead to much more smiting in a day.

Dankus Memakus
2017-08-09, 11:08 AM
1st level warlock only gets one pact slot, but yes you will track them separately. Good part is you can paladin smite using warlock pact magic slots which recharge on a short rest which could lead to much more smiting in a day.

What table do i look at for warlock slots when multiclassing

Edit:i was under the impression that it doesnt hinder ypur warlock spell slots and u still start with two

Elminster298
2017-08-09, 11:25 AM
What table do i look at for warlock slots when multiclassing

Edit:i was under the impression that it doesnt hinder ypur warlock spell slots and u still start with two

You use the Warlock table on of 106 of the PHB for Warlock spells. Warlocks naturally start with only one 1st lvl spell slot. Since their spell slots grow differently than anyone else they are tracked separately.